Ashlok FF: Heads Over Heels Ch 24 pg 145

Posted: 9 years ago

Dear friends,

I'd like to present you a new FF.
Have fun and enjoy.

Thank you for all the support I got from you earlier. 
I pay my tribute to all the writers and readers

HEADS OVER HEELS

I thank dear Seviana for a beautiful picture❤️ 
I thank dear Deepa for the ambiguous title❤️

Edited by bm11 - 9 years ago

Chapter 1

She was looking at the photo very attentively...

Spectacles - the first thing that attracted her attention. She actually didn't like spectacles but he wore a brimless pair and it somehow didn't hide the face. It looked like his specs existed separately from his face, hovering in the air; only three silver lines crossed the face. She liked the eyes... smart, reserved but photos were never truthful, never sincere. Everybody played the role. He played it too. He was good-looking and that stopped her from appreciating him. All good-looking men were arrogant dudes at least her sister was always persuading her on the subject and she tended to believe her. Parvati was a timid young woman, all her encounters with handsome young men were painful. She was often laughed at. Astha protected her from any harm. Her sister  was a year younger but ten years braver.

Parvati knew she was the oldest; soon she would turn twenty six therefore she was to marry first. Her father insisted on it. She was working but without special achievements, without ambitions, without aspiration. She knew her destiny was to marry and mother her children and help her husband but who would it be was still to be decided. Parvati wasn't waiting for love at first sight, admiration or passion. These were the words absent from her dictionary. She was unlikely influenced by great expectations.

Her quiet wisdom was in gaining more through expecting less... 

He was too handsome for her taste.

Both women were sitting at Parvati's bed scanning the photo. Usually silent Parvati this time was the first to utter her thoughts which was utterly unusual as Astha though wasn't a gossip girl was nine times out of ten the first to talk...

"Astha, I think he's way too handsome for me" Parvati touched the head of the bed with her nape "Will he like me? I'm not as attractive as him"

"These thoughts should be immediately terminated and removed from your head. I think you are second most beautiful woman after our mother. After all, you have his proposal already, so don't waste your time with baseless contemplations. Look, dear, it's late now. I must get up early so if you don' mind..." 

Astha got up and moved to the door but stopped halfway and turned around "Paro" the latter raised her eyes from the photo she was holding in her hand "Will it be easier for you to make a decision if you have a look at him? If I was at your place I would firstly have looked at him by myself without all that traditional stuff. Would you like to?"

"Astha, how?" 

"I see no problem. I'll drive you there and you'll have a look at him. If I were you I would have called him and would have arranged a meeting with him. Would have told him openly I wanted to appreciate him" Astha saw Paro's face became white "I'm kidding, relax... Will do it secretly, of course. Tomorrow. After work. I'll find our the address and we'll drive there"

"Like spies?" Paro closed her mouth with her palm.

"Exactly but we unfortunately don't have Austen Martin and have no license to kill. So not like spies actually. More like two Indian girls on the mission"

"Astha, do you think..." Astha rolled her eyes. Paro was so predictable, so indecisive, so sweet in her doubts. Though sisters they were fire and ice, their blood had different colors "Yes, I think... sometimes... and I advise you to do the same from time to time". Paro was not offended. She got used to her sister's sharp tongue. Astha was quick and resolute in decision making "Till tomorrow then, agreed?"

Since Astha was with her, Paro was not afraid. She could travel to the jungle or fly to the Moon if her knight or better say knightess, though such women did not exist,  was with her...

Astha returned to her room and chuckled at the thought that the next day they would undertake the action. Astha was adventurous and venturesome, maybe even a gambler to some extent. She loved risk and was never afraid to take it. Risk was a noble thing. Those who were risking were winning, the rest were losing waiting for the destiny to come to their door.

Astha knew exactly what should be done, she would get no help from Paro as usual, the whole project would depend on her entirely.

The next day Astha got the address, googled it and created a plan according to which they should arrive to the house and park the car at the short distance to be able to observe the territory waiting for him to appear. Judging by the photo he was not bad, not actually in her taste. Too handsome, to posh. He was an elder brother as far as they knew, he had a younger one. Astha would have never chosen such a handsome, such guys spent half their time enjoying their reflexion in the mirror and usually had small brains but time would show whether that Varad Agnihotri was worthy the efforts.

Astha returned home at 5 p.m. Paro was waiting for her fully dressed, bright salwar kameez, curled hair, makeup "Paro, plans have changed?" asked Astha changing into the jeans and a white top "No, we go where you said yesterday.." Paro was glancing at Astha perplexedly.

"Dear, have you seen spies dressed like peacocks? We are not in the movie" Astha narrowed her eyes "Ohhh, I see. It's the precaution in case you meet him in person, right?" Paro blushed "I'll go and change" she left and returned ten minutes later dressed in "invisible costume" of a beige dress. She found no strength in herself to wipe the makeup off.

Astha looked at her sister and was amazed in the thousandth time how pretty she was. Tall, slender and gentle in her movements. The opposite of Astha herself, fast and thus a bit awkward, short and prickly.

They drove for half an hour trying their best not to let the father down by damaging the car. Astha thought the whole procedure over more than once and felt sure of herself as usual. They were moving fast along the street approaching the house when suddenly the huge Audi limousine overtook Astha's car. Astha applied the brakes urgently and prayed... but in vain... Astha's car scratched Audi and the latter immediately stopped across the road blocking the way. Astha realized it was all her fault she was moving too fast and was not watching the distance properly. She grimaced as if in pain and without looking at her sister who was sitting nearby half dead with fear watched the Audi driver opened the door and strode towards their car. 

He was vaguely familiar to her but since he was sun-glassed she failed to recognize him. The moment Astha saw him she felt aversion... 

A fop in the highest degree. Not yet thirty, land-lord, approaching the vassals... Reluctantly she opened the door of the car and faced the threat. She was not afraid, she was disgusted by him. It was a strange reaction as normally Astha was quite sensible about conflicts. Everything in him was shouting about his being extremely supercilious and disdainful: his gait, his demeanor, his facial expressions, a certain tilt of his head. A golden boy, a young noble, pampered and spoiled by the attention and adoration seeing no borders in his desires. Astha knew that type. She has seen a lot of them at work. At first they treated you like dirt, then condescended to your "level" and let the servant kiss their hands...

Chapter 2

Astha left the car and found herself watching at him and unknowingly revealing her disapproval of him and his ways...

"Hey sweetie, the Sun blinded you?" Astha wanted to spit into his face. He even didn't bother to take the sun glasses off. She'd better die than address him politely after his "sweetie".

"Hey, chappie, problems?" Astha sensed his nonexistent politeness vanished and let the anger took its place "Chappie? You little rogue! You damaged my car and insult me after that? How dare you talk to me like that? Do you know who I am?"

"No idea, laddie, but you are a big boy and if this question still bothers you after all these years, you can always ask your parents and they would certainly explain to you who you are"

She saw his eyes widened with astonishment. She triumphed inside "Keep off, boy!" thought she. He made one step forward as if threatening to her "You shut up, girly. Now. Until it's not too late for you. You are too bold, pussy"

"You shut up yourself. Either call the police or write down your address and get lost, I'll send you the money you so obviously need" she looked mockingly at his car then at his outfit consisting of luxury brands and smiled. His jaw twitched "What is that supposed to mean? Do I look like a beggar?"

Astha smiled coldly "You look like a fop or an ass. What do you prefer?"

This moment the passenger of his car opened the door and get out of it making Astha stun. She knew him... It was Varad Agnihotri, the man whose photo they were studying most carefully yesterday "Shlok, any problems?" Varad's look crossed with Astha's and he smiled "Dear lady, any problems with my brother?"

Brother? It was Varad's brother... Shlok Agnihotri, the hell-raiser. Varad, the gentleman and his brother was just a bantam. Thanks God, Paro stayed in the car and remained invisible for both Agnihotris. Astha knew her sister was watching the fight and understood Paro was well aware they achieved their goal - they met Varad Agnihotri, though the car was damaged and Astha found a new enemy but still they were successful. That thought helped Astha to overcome her disgust towards the man and she preferred to address to Varad "Please, give me your address and I'll send the money" least of all Astha wanted them to know at the moment who they were and what they were doing there.

A small act of pusillanimity but Astha didn't care. She wanted to sit in her car, leave the street they were standing in and stop seeing this appalling brute who was staring at her with the same indignation she was sending to him...

Varad wrote the note and passed it to Astha, there was the address and the name but there was no sum "How much? You haven't written"

"Ten lakh" the bully spitted at her.

"Forget it, smack alert. I'm not a fool" Astha realized he rejected her from the first moment just like she despised him. She would think later what she would do about it if Paro would marry Varad but at the moment she was desperate to turn away from him but he had no intention to let her go without being insulted "Not a fool? Are you? Who told you that? They were just sorry for you, girly. Don't believe them" Astha felt her face reddened with anger "Shut up, you scoundrel" She looked at Varad with a questioning glance. He came up to the scratches and pronounced "A lakh" Astha nodded and moved to her car but stopped midway feeling his scornful look on her back; she pronounced without looking at him "Hey, chappie, best of luck in the search of yourself. We all deserve to know who we are"

"Stay away from me, bloody Schumacher" hissed the fop behind her back. Astha got into the car and looked at him. The brothers were of the same height, the fop though was more physically developed. Surely Varad was responsible for brains in the family while that ass was spending his time in the gym as his grey sells were the useless burden in his black-haired head; they definitely betrayed him from the very beginning. Varad was looking quite stylish himself but he evoked in Astha no dark feelings. The dumb head was striding to the car talking loudly and gesticulating to Varad.

Astha sat in the car and hissed through clenched teeth "Surely complaining to his elder brother about his life and a woman who refused to kiss his ass" mawkishly pronounced Astha and looked at her sister. Her facial expression was absent-minded "Hey, dear, are you all right? Got scared? Relax. Everything is in the past" but Paro kept silence "Don't you scare me, Paro, what happened?" raised her voice Astha touching her shoulder.

"I do like him. Very much" whispered young woman "I think I agree to the proposal" Astha's heart sank. She agreed to the proposal. Varad would become her relative together with this toad... God gracious...Parvati would move into their house and to see her she should visit them too... Paro was oblivious to the reality "He's a gentleman. He talked to you with respect"

"He's the most bumptious, brash, brazen of all men" growled Astha starting the engine and driving cautiously home.

"Good-looking, tall, I like the spectacles all of a sudden. Men in specs look vulnerable, aren't they? I wonder is he short or long-sighted... Does he take the specs of when he sleeps?"

"The ass, the goat, he called me pussy! If you marry his brother I don't know how I will be able to look into his face once again without scratching his eyes out; without throwing up"

"I should tell parents about my decision immediately. When will they come to us? Oh, Astha, what if he's not a good man... but his eyes are kind"

"Brainless swine! Sweetie! Do you know who am I?" Astha mimicked Shlok's haughty voice "I don't give a damn to who he is! I don't give a damn. Ten lakh! What the hell?"

"What should I wear?" Astha was fed up with her sister's soaring in the sky "Parvati! Return to the Earth immediately! Have you noticed our pockets became a lukh emptier" Astha was furious she should pay money to the fop. She would send it to Varad's name and she was not sure she would be able to write the word "Shlok" on the paper without tearing it.

"A lukh? Oh, Astha I have only twenty thousand saved"

"Good, at least something. I know it's not your fault we found ourselves in such situation but I must pay them back. I'll lend the money from you and return you later, ok?"

"Of course, dear. We are together in it. I know you wanted to help me and all this happened accidentally and I must help you. Take the money without returning it. Please. After all you helped me more than I could imagine. Thank you for everything, Astha"

They returned home and evening meal turned into the family council. Several decisions were made among the others: Parvati was to wed Varad Agnihotri, Astha was to pay for the damaged car repairing, the Agnihotris were to visit the Kirloskars in the nearest future... Both girls kept silence on the accident trying to invent the reasonable explanation they should give in future about their first encounter with Agnihotri brothers.

waiting for ur new fiction...cant wait
plz pm me
Awww welcome back jane😊
Waiting 😳 waiting😳
hi Jane,
welcome back!!!! I have been waiting anxiously for your return. This sounds like a real good one although your other two have been amazing and that is why I cannot wait for this a I am sure it will also be a masterpiece too. When will you start with the first chapter and I hope you will give us longer updates this time. How may chapters are you planning on this?
waiting eagerly...pls update soon.
hopes are high 😊
Originally posted by jj23

welcome back😊

thank you😉
Originally posted by .SajnaVe.

OMG cant wait 🤪

me too😆😆😆