Debate Mansion

||IB vs CBSE ||

cherrycola thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
 IB is an educational board and it stands for International Baccalaureate
and CBSE is our very own Indian Board that stands for Central Board of Secondary Education

What would you prefer in a country like INDIA

please share your views , also with respect to India and other developing nations :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

balashiv15 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
CBSE and IB both are boards on completely different tangents
But,CBSE has started CBSE (i) which is CBSE international which is a bit like IB though not fully

the text books have a bit more content than normal cbse textbooks and few terms are bit difficult 

CBSE believes in training the students for the best 

but CBSE believes Students are Guinea Pigs 

they try experimenting on us students all the time 

Like for example in grade 9 they said the marks of grade 9 and grade 10 will be added to make the final marksheet in grade 10 

they made students slog like anything 

worksheets,projects,tests,exams,orals,sports and group activities,where the group leader and popular members took away all the credit

finally after reaching 10th what the students come to know is that grade 9 marks will not be added to the report card

then why they make students do so many things in the first place?

another wrong thing they got with the cce system is activities and sports

the students who were good in activities and public speaking used to get marks so easily like it was cake walk for them 

whereas in all math quizzes i would be the one to stand and give answers to all the questions 

CBSE believes in making the students easily pass by this method and i respect that

but here the schools and teachers used to just turn it into one works,the other gets the fruit kind of game 

students are subject to favouritism and partiality always 

apart from that, i think CBSE for higher secondary is good

grade 11 and 12 is not burdened with a billion activities 

they just focus on exams and studies mostly 

Coming to IB i have not experienced how it is but all i know is that the students can choose some subjects of their liking from grade 8 onwards 

if they are good in sports, they can choose sports as a subject

if they are good in art,they can choose between maths and art i think 

but they would have problems in colleges if they take science/commerce in grade 11 and 12

though these boards are completely different, both have their pros and cons 

source: i am a cbse student myself

..Kimi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
IB education is amazing.It has electives.They try to mould the child in the right way by nurturing his talents.Its not merely the rote learning method used by the other boards.It brings out the best in children.They are better groomed as the whole approach towards learning is different as they suddenly enjoy what they are doing.
All said and done,I feel its not of much use if the child doesn't want to go for his undergraduation abroad.Most of the entrances in India are based on CBSE.If the child wants to go in for a professional course in sciences which can be engineering,medicine,he should stick for CBSE.The CBSE base for a professional career in India is much stronger.IB is great too but its more fit if you are very very sure the child will be giving his SAT's PSAT et all and will be pursuing his undergraduation abroad.

Also IB is expensive as compared to CBSE.
So if that factor has to be taken into consideration,one can prefer CBSE 

Source :Personal experience,I unfortunately belong to STATE BOARD and have seen CBSE and ICSE people constantly shining in all the entrances throughout.
Edited by ..kimaya.. - 9 years ago
BerryBlush07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
CBSE = mugging up ! 
And i despise this system..

Like it is mentioned in first reply.. CBSE experiments on students it is so unfair that some batches have to go through stupid procedurs while the others didnt ! ...and it gets worse by each passing year ! ðŸ¤¢
I just finished my 10th and u can ask me! I had hell of a time in 9th ...and 10 th was just only a lil milder.. It was during my batch that they introduced PSA for 9 th graders ..and that had a  bad affect on my final CGPA In grade 10 ...PSA must be the dumbest thing ever ! The batch prior to us had no PSA and scoring 10 CGPA for gr.10 was alot easier ..but for us ! That dumb PCA mark of gr.9 are added for gr.10 total ðŸ¤¢...all my life i had dreamt of getting 10 CGPA..and alas i cudn't fulfill it ..! 
And CBSE for ppl living over-seas (like me ) is even tougher .. They shud do something abt this ! 
In india ur vacations happen after the academic year..and it can be thoroughly enjoyed ! 
But fir us those vacations can only take place in btwn the academic yr ..and that causes alot of damage..we forget things over that period  of time and dont even get to enjoy the holiday due to project work etc ðŸ¤¢

All this has bad affect on our grades..CBSE shud improve the state of us NRIs at least ! 
Edited by BerryBlush07 - 9 years ago
cherrycola thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thank you all for you replies !
i agree with you all that CBSE is total rote learning ðŸ¤¢
and r 9th grade marks really not counted in 10th std. report card ??
BerryBlush07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: shanz_sejal

thank you all for you replies !
i agree with you all that CBSE is total rote learning ðŸ¤¢
and r 9th grade marks really not counted in 10th std. report card ??

Nope it's not ..except for PSA which is considered as FA4 ðŸ¤¢
Nd ya! 9th marks are published along wid 10th ones in ur certificate.
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I think it's IB that is of the high standard followed by ICSE and then, CBSE.

I've seen some of the IB kids, they're on a totally different level, even better than the ICSE students! IB kids get the real 'holistic' education.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I am a good old fashioned SSC student. I have no idea about these other boards.