Posted: 9 years ago
OMG!!! I am sppechless...never thought will find something of this sort here...hatts off to u girl πŸ‘πŸΌ I have just finised reading all the parts and I must say u r a great writer...every bit of it is so thoughtfully written starting from the names like krishnpriya, devpriya nd devpratim...then details of customs and rituals, dialogs everythingπŸ‘
I just love last two parts where devpriya started feeling for devpratim...stonehearted melting for true love...the story is beautifully written.Both krishnpriya and devpriya are way different from others but seek of love and truth is same...and that is u have to burn urself in the fire of love trust and faith for ur lord of love...though krishnpriya did it more majestically and devpriya learned it whole life and finally her love reached to that divinity.

Your narration took me to the whole new world.you are amazing in ur words...I would like to read more from you. 😊
Originally posted by --Ruchi--

OMG!!! I am sppechless...never thought will find something of this sort here...hatts off to u girl πŸ‘πŸΌ I have just finised reading all the parts and I must say u r a great writer...every bit of it is so thoughtfully written starting from the names like krishnpriya, devpriya nd devpratim...then details of customs and rituals, dialogs everythingπŸ‘
I just love last two parts where devpriya started feeling for devpratim...stonehearted melting for true love...the story is beautifully written.Both krishnpriya and devpriya are way different from others but seek of love and truth is same...and that is u have to burn urself in the fire of love trust and faith for ur lord of love...though krishnpriya did it more majestically and devpriya learned it whole life and finally her love reached to that divinity.

Your narration took me to the whole new world.you are amazing in ur words...I would like to read more from you. 😊

Thank you dear πŸ˜Š this is truly an amazing comment... it made ma day πŸ˜ƒ it feels like my hardwork is worth πŸ˜³

you can find my other one shots at the first page of this OS..I have given the index and hyperlinks also 
Originally posted by panchaali

u know just now I have had a idea of an OS..

but I was sooo wishing for it not to come to me πŸ˜‘ still it came..why!!!! πŸ˜­
πŸ€“chalo bahurani... write your next one now...Angry
Originally posted by riti4u

πŸ€“chalo bahurani... write your next one now...😑

btw due to huge work load, its forgotten 

u know I do the job of writting only, I had to write sooo much that after coming home I don't feel like writing anymore and that's how the plot is totally gone now 
So finally I write this down. I had wanted to take all my time to pour my heart out for such a brilliant piece of writing! The entire tradition coupled with its abyss and light had intrigued me so much that when I passed a cursory glance through the title Devdasi I had to make a double tap. And boy! I am so glad that I did that. Else it would have been a sheer loss at my end!

Krishnapriya was subtle, submissive and blatantly plain. She was this transparent glass that you could see through. No twisted lanes for her to traverse and no knots to open. It was like she came and then was lost in oblivion. But Devpriya was all that ignited and provoked every sense. I'd pick my bitchy, mean, calculative muse any day over that recessive lady. I can't tell you Panchaali di how much I adore those stories where you have a woman all manipulative and a man all decent. And trust me as much as I hate love stories, these kind of twist hook me to them like a dream. Even if Devpriya was rash and bitchy, one could clearly see through the pain she lived through and conquered every single day. It was just that she had learnt to look at the glass half full rather than half empty. And I am glad that the old hag died making way for Devpratim who like a guardian angel came to rescue all those oppressed souls. If only he could clearly rescue Priya too...anyways...

What I simply loved was the fact that the villainy here was not a mighty king lurching after an innocent soul or a divide of rich and poor making way for a heartening read. It was just the situation that even though were untangling themselves turned to worse for two people who had wanted to be there for each other but had to part ways. While going through the first few paragraphs I had been cursing Devpratim all along that why couldn't he make a stand and accept the lady he loved but then how could he? Wouldn't that take away her dignity? Wouldn't that reduce her to any common lady of those time? She was special, maybe too divine and maybe that was the reason why he was afraid to touch her. Who knows his touch could taint her? I remember my maasi had her eyes moist while reading about both Devpratim and Devpriya's plight! One was struggling to save his love other had decided to destroy herself in order to be close to that love. I must tell you I love your writing, especially your poetry! How beautifully you chose to tell us everything weaved like pearls in string...I should tell you a secret. I had copied them down and used to recite it every now and then. Especially before my exams! Does that soothing effect!!

My maasi had wanted to read more and the very same was with me! I wish if the story could be a little longer but then maybe it would lose the charm that it has. Every other chapter held ethereal bliss. The raas, the geet, the nritya and every other aspect of it. Thank you so much di for writing it down. You've made me love, love stories; both Devpratim and Devpriya are now part of my life. And I heartily thank you for the same!! Love ya di!!
Originally posted by Meself

So finally I write this down. I had wanted to take all my time to pour my heart out for such a brilliant piece of writing! The entire tradition coupled with its abyss and light had intrigued me so much that when I passed a cursory glance through the title Devdasi I had to make a double tap. And boy! I am so glad that I did that. Else it would have been a sheer loss at my end!

Krishnapriya was subtle, submissive and blatantly plain. She was this transparent glass that you could see through. No twisted lanes for her to traverse and no knots to open. It was like she came and then was lost in oblivion. But Devpriya was all that ignited and provoked every sense. I'd pick my bitchy, mean, calculative muse any day over that recessive lady. I can't tell you Panchaali di how much I adore those stories where you have a woman all manipulative and a man all decent. And trust me as much as I hate love stories, these kind of twist hook me to them like a dream. Even if Devpriya was rash and bitchy, one could clearly see through the pain she lived through and conquered every single day. It was just that she had learnt to look at the glass half full rather than half empty. And I am glad that the old hag died making way for Devpratim who like a guardian angel came to rescue all those oppressed souls. If only he could clearly rescue Priya too...anyways...

Priya never wanted to be rescued, she wanted to burn herself in her Dev's love and she did...

What I simply loved was the fact that the villainy here was not a mighty king lurching after an innocent soul or a divide of rich and poor making way for a heartening read. It was just the situation that even though were untangling themselves turned to worse for two people who had wanted to be there for each other but had to part ways. While going through the first few paragraphs I had been cursing Devpratim all along that why couldn't he make a stand and accept the lady he loved but then how could he? Wouldn't that take away her dignity? Wouldn't that reduce her to any common lady of those time? 

Devpratim could have enjoy Devpriya's company easily after every other royals and aristocrats feared and thus refused behave wrongly with all Devdasi, but he didn't coz heacted like a true Brahman, however he ended proving himself her lover only...none can make such sacrifice except a lover 

She was special, maybe too divine and maybe that was the reason why he was afraid to touch her.
Who knows his touch could taint her? I remember my maasi had her eyes moist while reading about both Devpratim and Devpriya's plight! One was struggling to save his love other had decided to destroy herself in order to be close to that love.

Now I am having tears in my eyes...tell her thanks from me πŸ˜ƒ

I must tell you I love your writing, especially your poetry! How beautifully you chose to tell us everything weaved like pearls in string...

Thank you πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ

I should tell you a secret. I had copied them down 

hawww πŸ˜²

and used to recite it every now and then. Especially before my exams!

oh πŸ˜† but doesn't it effect before your exam!!! u should be with ur text book only during exams..I don't want to spoil ur exam yaar 

Does that soothing effect!!

really? πŸ˜ƒ awwwn πŸ˜³ then okay 

My maasi had wanted to read more and the very same was with me! I wish if the story could be a little longer but then maybe it would lose the charm that it has. Every other chapter held ethereal bliss. The raas, the geet, the nritya and every other aspect of it. Thank you so much di for writing it down. You've made me love, love stories; both Devpratim and Devpriya are now part of my life. And I heartily thank you for the same!! Love ya di!!

Thank you dear πŸ€— a very very thankz to your maasi too πŸ˜ƒ 

P.S:- let me tell u a secret I too hate most romantic love stories of the world, people around me think I am one of the most unromantic person..actually I can't digest candy floss romance at all, that's too much for me...as per me romantic stories had to be larger than life...only then it touches heart 😊