CID

BC: Memorable Movie Promotions

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/talk-round-town/45830-memorable-movie-promotions.htm

Just a decade ago, this would have been something not heard of. Today it's a popular form of promoting upcoming releases. Yes, we're talking about promoting movies on popular TV shows! Since it's the month of Tellywood and Bollywood, BollyCurry brings to you some memorable movie promotions.

First up is Sony TV's most popular show, CID. CID has become synonymous with movie promotions for Sony TV and this began in 2008 when Rajeev Khandelwal became one of the first actors to appear on TV for a movie promotion. Appearing in the episode "The Case of the Missing Bride" for the promotion of Aamir (2008), Khandelwal was a concerned fiance whose bride-to-be went missing. He was an important part of the episode and the episode went on to be a big hit in terms of TRPs.

Since we're talking about CID we feel that it is important to mention Salman Khan who appeared not once, but twice for movie promotions. He first appeared in 2009 for the promotion of Wanted (2009) in "Khooni Piracy Racket". He played himself and was joined by Mehak Chahal, Inder Kumar, Sarfaraz Khan, and Sajid Ali. The episode revolved around a group of movie pirateers who were attempting to release pirated versions of Wantedbefore it released. Khan appeared twice, first promising assistance to the CID team and then to burn all the pirated versions. This episode was a big hit and consequently the movie also become a blockbuster hit. Khan then re-appeared recently in "Salman Ki Kick" and "Salman Ki Kick II" for the promotion of his recent movie Kick (2014). In "Salman Ki Kick" he was at the site of a movie promotion and while talking to Sajid Nadiadwala overheard a murder plan. He called the CID team while also taking down the two goons. In "Salman Ki Kick II" he made history when he brought ACP Pradyuman (Shivaji Satam), Senior Inspector Abhijeet (Aditya Srivastava), and Senior Inspector Daya (Dayanand Shetty) onto the dance floor to shake a leg with him on "Jumme Ki Raat".

(Extract)

Edited by KhotaSikaShreya - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ANGELICEYES thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice article. Tfs Shreya di.
debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sri...commented there...but why CID & CID actors are not tagged? 😒
Minionite thumbnail
Sree I think it's because it's a Bollywood article not a TellyBuzz article. CID and CID actors are TV connected I believe. Though I can't be too sure since nothing is tagged. There may have been a technical error in uploading because nothing is tagged.
debasree04 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhotaSikaShreya

Sree I think it's because it's a Bollywood article not a TellyBuzz article. CID and CID actors are TV connected I believe. Though I can't be too sure since nothing is tagged. There may have been a technical error in uploading because nothing is tagged.

No movies & Bollywood actors are tagged...may be u r right as its Bollywood article...
Minionite thumbnail
Okay I guess they just tagged it because when I checked nothing was tagged. 😆
debasree04 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhotaSikaShreya

Okay I guess they just tagged it because when I checked nothing was tagged. 😆

Ohh 😛
U wrote it wonderfully ⭐️
Veena.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey thats a nice article
Thnx shreya 😃
gadhadada thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Wow SHERYU...👏👏
Lovely Infotainment...😉😳
Thank you so much...😳😳
LavenderBloom thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Shreya di for the nice article...😊😊😊😊😊

Very true...😊😊😊😊
Salman sir was awesome and rocking  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ in both the promotional episodes...😊😊😊😊