Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

Bidhe the biggest hypocrite in Sab Tv?

Posted: 9 years ago
The guy is secretary of some stupid society and behaves like he is the President of USA. He is a small tuition teacher who hasn't progressed outside his home classes since like 5years. He is the least successful member in the society. I think abdul earns more than him. He behaves like he knows everything. 
In one of the episode they all needed money quickly and everybody decided to break their FD. Everybody quoted some lakhs in their account but bhide quoted Rs.25k. lol

I really like the show and enjoy it a lot. I know its his character but real persons like this exists. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Firstly, Each and every member is a hypocrite here including Champak chacha.
Secondly, Bhide runs a coaching class and it could have been shown as a good source of income provided the makers showed a few more teachers working under the Bhides and a better place as a classroom. 

Thirdly, Madhavi's aachar business also requires much space than it is showed in the serial. They show as if everything is that easy in this world.
artifacts thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Will you elaborate why do you think he is the hypocrite ?
I understood your point about him being not progressed much financially, but how does that make him a hypocrite ?
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Bhide looks like a well educated and well qualified person to teach.He can easily get a job in any school. If they had shown taking tuitions is his extra job to earn more money like many school teachers do nowadays then it would have made sense.Being secretary of a society is not such a big job that u have to sit at home to do it.
I agree with aarti. If he's not earning lot of money like others then how can he become a hypocrite? Edited by subha2601 - 9 years ago
dey.bh thumbnail
I dont want know about TM's point of view but these are my points.

1. In a group of kids each are responsible for the activities of the group. Bhide always claims that its Tappu who is spoiling others. As a teacher, it doesn't suit him. On the other hand, whenever the group achieves something big, its all of a sudden Tappu sena's achievement. Even Goli annoys him like Tappu but he seemingly as profound dislike for Tappu. 

2. As a teacher, he should avoid short cuts but then he is the one who is after lottery tickets every time. We saw that thing twice. He always blames Jetha for showing off his wealth but whenever there is a lottery track we find him dreaming about showing off his wealth. Basically, he doesn't believe in simple living, its just that he cannot live like Jetha and so covers his agony with 'Gandhian principles'

3. I think he misuses his power. As far as society compound is concerned,we find him blabbering, " tum aisa nahi kar sakte" and " tum waisa nahi kar sakte" but when it was his Mango shop, he made the kids stop playing because he was making a pandal there. Popat confronted him but did he immediately say " I shall pay for the same". No he did that only when Popat refused all his previous arguments.

4. He buys a mobile phone that doesnt have a warranty. Accordingly no exchange is possible. Yet being a literate person fights tooth and nail to get a replacement. 

artifacts thumbnail
@TM
He is the least successful member in the society. I think abdul earns more than him. 

Don't you think success is a relative term ? For some suceess means earning lots of money but for some success may mean something else other than money. Bhide is a teacher and many students benefit from him, may be that could be being successful from his point of view. 

Abdul could be eearning more than him, but would you  really compare both of them ? What is the use of education then ? Should one not go to school or educate or enrich oneself if one could earn more money by opening a soda shop? Why does Jetha send Tappu to school ? Tappu can sit in his shop and learn the tricks of the trade and open 4 more shops. why bother to get education ?

I am just trying to say that money and materialistic things are not what every person goes after. Some may find happiness in other things too !

He might really  have an fd of 25000 and not of lakhs. After all how much will a tution teacher earn?  

I agree that he has not progressed much in his classes, but then even Jetha has just one shop. In 5 years he could have opened another branch? Where is his progress ? 

dey.bh thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Aarti_16

@TM

He is the least successful member in the society. I think abdul earns more than him. 

Don't you think success is a relative term ? For some suceess means earning lots of money but for some success may mean something else other than money. Bhide is a teacher and many students benefit from him, may be that could be being successful from his point of view. 

Abdul could be eearning more than him, but would you  really compare both of them ? What is the use of education then ? Should one not go to school or educate or enrich oneself if one could earn more money by opening a soda shop? Why does Jetha send Tappu to school ? Tappu can sit in his shop and learn the tricks of the trade and open 4 more shops. why bother to get education ?

I am just trying to say that money and materialistic things are not what every person goes after. Some may find happiness in other things too !

He might really  have an fd of 25000 and not of lakhs. After all how much will a tution teacher earn?  

I agree that he has not progressed much in his classes, but then even Jetha has just one shop. In 5 years he could have opened another branch? Where is his progress ? 

Wellsaid. Success necessarily doesn't mean earning more. With that logic, Gandhi was the most unsuccessful man in India. Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
artifacts thumbnail
Good points Debby !
But I really think he is the most realistic character on screen.
1. Everyone knows Tappu is the brains behind the Tappu sena, otherwise why it is not called goli sena or sonu sena. Right from beginning it has been shown that Tappu was very naughty and took all the decisions. Others in  the sena just said, haan tappu, haan tappu. So the leader of any team always gets pats and brickbats. I don't exactly remember when but once Bhide gave him a gift and also credited tappu personally. Teachers should be impartial I agree but in real life too, are teachers impartial? They have favorites and not so favorite Students !

2. I think every person has some greed in them  and Bhide is not an exception. He is just a normal human being.  Who says teachers can't dream of being richer? Buying lottery is his way of trying to be richer. He knows there is no other way he can become rich. But he has not done any crime or cheating or has been dishonest. Recently when Sonu broke some toy in Disney shop, did he not tell her that you should have paid for it. That is honesty. 

Regarding Him criticisizing Jethalal about displaying his wealth, that is Even more normal human trait where we all criticize others for what we are not. 

3. Misusing his powers. Ahh now that secretary of every society in Metros is accused of ! Is is such a thankless job. You are not paid for it. But you attend to every teeny weeny problem of a member as if you are responsible for  it. Don't the society members including Jethalal or so called sensible Mehta blame him for everything that happens in the society ? 

I think after sometime one starts enjoying that power. Bhide enjoys being a secretary and does order people around. But then as a secretary one has to be firm otherwise people take advantage. But again he is honest and responsible in his work.

I am not trying to defend all his actions, but i really feel that compared to others he is very realistic character. Not all mahaan like Gadas, a little grey maybe !

Just my viewpoint ! No offense meant !
dey.bh thumbnail
Aarti - Hypocrisy is the utmost realistic thing as far as humans are concerned. 
I had earlier made a post on why Bhide is the most realistic character in the whole show. He indeed is the only common man in the show.
movietvnetbuff thumbnail
@dey.bh
very correct
but the shows creators have portrayed characters wrongly.

Bhide being a honest and principled teacher must not indulge in lottery etc. (but i agree with him in case of Tapu b'coz even Goli troubles him yet it is light mischief but tapu is oversmart and disrespectful and he targets bhide not other way round)

Jethalal is a shrewd businessman but he made many mistakes like giving free mobile to babita's friend, giving extra money for babita's fridge, giving money to bagha in exchange of daya's jewellery etc.  

Dr.Hathi is a doctor but is extremely obese and lazy glutton.

Mehta is progressive writer but belittles Anjali in front of other society members, always criticises her food, taunts her, never criticises jethalal for flirting with Babita etc.

Iyer is a scientist but he participates in some stupid superstitious nonsense in society. also it is unclear what type of research he does space, chemicals etc.

Popatlal is a law abiding honest reporter but still takes GD members to BolBacchan press conferenfce as fake reporters, he also enters no entry and allows jethalal to bribe a cop. he also asks awfully personal and slightly indecent questions to girls while trying to find a bride.

and most importantly Champaklal - always encourages Tapu's mischief, never scolds him when he is rude or gives back answers to Bhide, forcefully tries to marry Tapu doesn't care if Jethalal goes to jail, and never practices what he preaches to Jethalal like control anger, face fears (he is afraid of dog and bhootni) etc.