Was the time actually right? - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago
first and foremost how many of us actually get married within a short time of a relationship?? rarely... but from where baldev comes is a pind and yeah there d marriage happens in a shorter period of courtship compared to dat of city life.. so neither of dem are wrong in their place..
coming to telling ranvi via a letter with his ticket is utterly wrong.. well baldev found no other way out cos he was in a moment of desperation... plus his letter seemed more like a threat dan asking for veera's hand..d only consequence of dat letter being read by ranvi would be cancellation of ranvi's mumbai trip or as veera said even if he goes he wont be able to concentrate.. i think baldev should speak to wantsuri first and let veera tell her family herself.. and den do a proper alliance... 
coming to baldev, i dnt think ranvi will have much of a problem cos veera likes him too.. he might be in a fix for sometime but not for long.. as a bro its normal for him to be worried for his sis cos he has seen bansuri treatment towards gunjan all these years.. its upto baldev to ensure ranvi to handle things..
anyways for nw ranvi will have to return back.. by den lets see hw many turns will veeba life take in d meanwhile.. 
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
In all things timing is key! Especially when it comes to things like this. Ranvi was just about to leave town for Mumbai. This was not the right time to tell him this. Like Veera said, he finally agreed to give his talents a proper chance, and to be told that his sister is in love with the Baldev, the day he leaves town would have put a spanner in the works. Any brother would have been agitated, but this is Ranvi, who is also Veera's surrogate mother. So what was going to happen then??

I understand where Ballu is coming from. But Veera being a modern girl, wants more from life than just marriage, and I get that too. At her age I was exactly the same. At 22 I was nowhere ready to be married and I was still studying anyway. Neither are really wrong. But you cant just rock up and ask some guy to give you his sister. Baldev really needs to stop listening to Jaggi and Billa. 
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 9 years ago
feck thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

In all thing timing is key! Especially when it comes to things like this. Ranvi was just about to leave town for Mumbai. This was not the right time to tell him this. Like Veera said, he finally agreed to give his talents a proper chance, and to be told that his sister is in love with the Baldev, the day he leaves town would have put a spanner in the works. Any brother would have been agitated, but this is Ranvi, who is also Veera's surrogate mother. So what was going to happen then??

I understand where Ballu is coming from. But Veera being a modern girl, wants more from life than just marriage, and I get that too. At her age I was exactly the same. At 22 I was nowhere ready to be married and I was still studying anyway. Neither are really wrong. But you cant just rock up and ask some guy to give you his sister. Baldev really needs to stop listening to Jaggi and Billa. 

Where are you these days Mandy? missing yo and your post everyday. Always once more a nice post and be active mate, I know the show is not doing very well now, but we friends should be in touch, isn't it?
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: feck

Where are you these days Mandy? missing yo and your post everyday. Always once more a nice post and be active mate, I know the show is not doing very well now, but we friends should be in touch, isn't it?

I know. I have not been on Veera forum much lately. But I have been more active on the QH forum. No longer watch PKDH, so not on that forum much at all. I did see a post by you there recently. I am going to make time to come to the Veera forum more again. Just have a lot on at the moment, coz I have a small baby. But always enjoy chatting with my forum friends.
Sjojava thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Really enjoyed reading this thread and all the views.
I can see both sides of the story. But I could not help feeling for Baldev ðŸ˜Š One always feels more for the madly in love than for the practical and sensible... I know you guys complain a lot about the script writers but they are doing a great job at writing something that is very real-life like and still great entertainment. Not only that, it is making us all discuss the issues around right time and right conditions for marriage.

By the way, not sure Baldev is technically unemployed. For one he is helping build the school and for another, I am sure his father would gladly retire and let him run the family farming. So it's not so much that he doesn't have a job, he just hasn't taken it up yet ðŸ˜‰

filtered_chaos thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Sjojava

Really enjoyed reading this thread and all the views.

I can see both sides of the story. But I could not help feeling for Baldev😊One always feels more for the madly in love than for the practical and sensible... I know you guys complain a lot about the script writers but they are doing a great job at writing something that is very real-life like and still great entertainment. Not only that, it is making us all discuss the issues around right time and right conditions for marriage.

By the way, not sure Baldev is technically unemployed. For one he is helping build the school and for another, I am sure his father would gladly retire and let him run the family farming. So it's not so much that he doesn't have a job, he just hasn't taken it up yet😉

thanks for pointing this out! i had this possibility in my mind too!
if you look at Baldev, he isnt technically unemployed as such... actually he doesnt need to work since his father owns big farms & fields!
So once Balwant becomes incapable of looking after those farms, it'll automatically becomes Baldev's responsibilities to handle them!
They must be already receiving lots of money frm those farms!
I have seen many families like that in my village too... where the son of those families dont work anywhere else but look after their own family's age old big farms & house!
This is very common in villages where big zamindar families reside!

But the problem is that SS family... especially Ranvi, doesnt want someone like that for Veera!
Didnt Ratan & Chaijee say that they want a proper working guy for Veera wen Baldev said he knows a guy who is rich & has large property cos of which he doesnt need to work! (referring to himself)
They want somebody who is properly employed in some service... for which he's paid every month, he's financially independent & can support his own family after marriage without taking any help frm his father's farms!
There wldnt have any problem in Baldev getting married to some random pind girl belonging to a similar family like Balwant's!
But since Veera is well educated, modern city girl, she wld want an independent guy for herself!
Same with the family!
Moreover he's still quite immature & a bit irresponsible! Its only lately that he has started taking responsibilities, that too cos of Veera's influence!
So the thing is that Baldev has to realise this first & foremost that R wont approve of their relationship until he stands up on his own feet!
Edited by -...mohini...- - 9 years ago
feck thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@mohini, great post. I would like to add Baldev never wanted to work in the fields and look after the firms, he wanted to either become the Sarpanch or do his own business. For the SS family an ndependent business will also do, provided it is substantial enough.