Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Rukhsar replaces Eva

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news/Eva-Grover-replaced-by-Rukhsar-Rehman-after-three-days-of-shoot/articleshow/40859055.cms

Eva Grover replaced by Rukhsar Rehman after three days of shoot

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Aug 25, 2014, 12.00AM IST
evagbalh-final
Eva Grover, who had returned to acting after two years, had an extremely short stint on her latest outing, Rajan Shahi's Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya. The actress, who was roped in to play Anjali Purohit (male lead Mishkat Verma's mother) shot just for three days before she was replaced by Rukhsar.

Eva was last seen as Ram Kapoor's stepmom in Bade Achhe Laggte Hain.
According to sources, a huge showdown took place between the producer and the actress. Apparently, Eva wasn't willing to allot enough time for the shoot, forcing the production house to take a tough stand. Says a source, "Eva said she can't shoot for long hours because of her health issues. She even reported late on the set. The production house tried to reason with her, but in vain. They will now reshoot her portions with Rukhsar."

READ: Meet the tantrum Kings and Queens of TV
However, Eva has a different story to tell, "My malaria had relapsed and I was still recovering when I got finalised for the role. My blood pressure shot on day one of the shoot, but I continued shooting. I reported the next day as well, and fortunately, we packed up early. Then on the third day, we shot for 12 hours and towards the end, my head started pounding and I started feeling weak. My doctor advised me to take rest. Luckily, there was no shoot the following day. But in the evening, I received a call from the production team, informing me that they are roping in another actress, as I won't be able to allot the required time. They told me that they would be shooting for 20 hours on end. Had there been a few adjustments from their end, taking my health into consideration, we could have worked it out."
However, Rajan maintains, "We have a good equation with Eva and it will continue."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail
Great news..Rukhsar was fab in Tumhari Pakhi too
rayafan17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail
Thanks .. Wish Mallu luck ..
ttrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
TFS Vidishaji. There's a TB article also, informing the same but they haven't mentioned KTLK and Rukhsaarji as Dr. Mallika in that article. This is the role that established her as classy, grey shaded woman in TV industry but still it hasnt been mentioned at all

Wishing Rukhsaarji all the best for APHG. But she seriously doesnt look like mommy to 26 yr. old guy 😛
mudraswathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Thank you for sharing this news. But I dont want her in negative saas role..
hkp11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Tfs Vidishaa! Best of luck to Rukhsar!  She was great in KTLK & Tumhari Pakhi!  I think she's too young to play a adult son's mother role though. ðŸ˜•    She deserves roles closer to her age. ðŸ˜ƒ Edited by hkp11 - 9 years ago
Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@Tupu and Hina- yes, she doesn't look that old...donno why Rukhsar didn't get recognition as MAllu...she was so good