Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SeasonOfLeaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: zephyr29

Oh I totally forgot that one! I was under the impression it had to be about existing books 😳. I absolutely LOVED The Thirteenth Tale and it's one of my top recommendations. You are right, it's a haunting tale and difficult to forget. I was so affected by it I dedicated half my twitter handle to Vida Winter πŸ˜†

Oooh really! I loved the whole set up of the novel, Vida Winter's story, the chilly feeling I got sometimes..actually I loved everything about it πŸ˜ƒ

And yes! The Historian has been on my to-read list for a long long timeπŸ˜ƒ
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Oh I totally forgot that one! I was under the impression it had to be about existing books😳 . I absolutely LOVED The Thirteenth Tale and it's one of my top recommendations. You are right, it's a haunting tale and difficult to forget. I was so affected by it I dedicated half my twitter handle to Vida Winter πŸ˜†

Existing books or fictional ones, I only meant books with books/ reading as a major theme.😊 
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Another book about a book would be The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It may technically not be all about the book but the whole story arises from the discovery of an ancient book and its contents. That was a great read too, a bit far fetched maybe but engaging nevertheless.

Oh, that sounds interesting. Shall check that out.😊
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: SeasonOfLeaves

Oooh really! I loved the whole set up of the novel, Vida Winter's story, the chilly feeling I got sometimes..actually I loved everything about it πŸ˜ƒ

And yes! The Historian has been on my to-read list for a long long timeπŸ˜ƒ

Oh yes the book does leave you with a cold feeling and it's certainly not a light read but it was amazing nevertheless. I guess that's what made it so memorable that it would leave you all chilled and even disturbed but all in a good way in the end πŸ˜†

I wouldn't be surprised if it was in your TBR for a long time coz it is a pretty big book and a slightly heavy read πŸ˜›
SeasonOfLeaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Oh yes the book does leave you with a cold feeling and it's certainly not a light read but it was amazing nevertheless. I guess that's what made it so memorable that it would leave you all chilled and even disturbed but all in a good way in the end πŸ˜†

I wouldn't be surprised if it was in your TBR for a long time coz it is a pretty big book and a slightly heavy read πŸ˜›

You took the right words out of my mouth!πŸ˜ƒ
No other book left me with the same feeling...sigh!

Hahaha yes true..that's exactly why I haven't started it yet.. But I do intend to read itπŸ˜ƒ