Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SprinklesOfLove thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

I will try. I am out of town and travelling all day tomorrow. So will see what I can do. Wont promise, coz I hate not keeping my promises. But will definitely try by tomorrow.

Thank you
Plz do update it ASAP
And get some rest if you can!
kyph21 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
waiting for ur updates.. !!!!!!!
amare_ashy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Just to let you know that I keep checking the comments everyday to see if you've posted something! Haahahahah 
Update soon if you aren't too busy! I know Life Happens! 
WHERE DA UPDATE AT? :(
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hi all,

I am travelling for the next day, and wont be able to update the story for at least one more day. Sorry guys. But I will try to update within the next 2 days for sure!

Cheers

MandyEdited by MrDarcyfan - 9 years ago
-.-Mariam-.- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hi,
Read all 7 parts of your story its AMAZING..
Send me PM for future updates..
I've sent you Buddy Request for PM..
Continue soon..
snehaluvmaaneet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

Hi all,

I am travelling for the next day, and wont be able to update the story for at least one more day. Sorry guys. But I will try to update within the next 2 days for sure!

Cheers

Mandy

Ok mandy
will wait 😊
Originally posted by: snehalovegurti

Ok mandy
will wait 😊

Plz pm me for all your updates!
Cheers! :D
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Part 8

Later that week - Ibrahim Mansion

Things had settled into a sort of rhythm for the rest of the week.  For the week that her cousins were in town, Seher had managed to work only 2 days. She had assured Aahil and Rehan that she will work extra the week after. Rehan had said nothing and he had deferred to Aahil regarding the same. He knew that Seher probably wanted to hang out with her boyfriend and he spent as much time as he could at work so that he didn't have to watch them together.

One night after dinner all the cousins were sitting around playing cards in the informal sitting area near the pool. Sanam had been feeling sleepy, so she had excused herself to go to bed. Aahil had also said that he had something to work on and got up to leave. Everyone had given Aahil stick saying they knew what "work" he had to do now that Sanam was going to the room. Aahil had taken it all with good humour and left them to their game of cards.

Seher was sitting a bit away from everyone further down the hallway in an armchair and was playing a game on her phone.

"Hey Seher, you're playing that game too?" said Zain looking from over Seher's shoulder.

"Yeah. I only have 2 more levels to clear. How many do you have?".

"I have three" he admitted reluctantly.

"I am better than you Zainey", said Seher laughing.

"No arguments there Golden girl. You are a sight for sore eyes anyway. I really missed you Seher".

"Me too Zain. It's true I've been busy. But I do miss our chats. Look at the Moon. It's almost as full as it is in Dubai on clear nights" said Seher, looking at the reflection of the Moon that could be seen through the portion of glass roof that was directly above the pool. Aahil had had it installed, so he can see the sky during his night swims. Her sister had told her how she had first seen Aahil near the pool half naked when she had first come to work here.  They had giggled discussing how scandalised she had been at the start by Aahil, and his allergy to clothes. But her sister had admitted that even then, she had reluctantly had to accept that Aahil was really hot. Even though she had told herself she didn't like him at all.

"You really like it in Dubai right"? Zain's voice brought her back to the present.

"Yeah. I love it there?"

"Marry me then and come to Dubai for good".

"What"? Said Seher looking at Zain in surprise.

"What do you mean What'? Why are you so surprised?"

"Don't joke about stuff like that Zain".

"I am NOT joking. You know Ammi and Abu are really keen to make you their Bahu, and even I am keen to make you my Begum!"

"I know we are really good friends Zainey...but..."

"But what Seher? Yes we are good friends and that makes it even better. We have so much in common, and we love being together.  We have so much going for us. So why not make it official?"

"But marriage is a big decision Zain".

"Yes it is. That is why I want to marry you. You're the most fun and kickass girl I ever met. Plus I have never had more fun partying with anyone as much as I have with you. You are pretty much my best friend other than Ishaan, and HE is your cousin too. Our families know each other. I can't think of a more perfect scenario! I'm sure Sanam and Aahil will approve!  Of course I know your Ayaan chacha doesn't approve of me that much. But hey I will win him over too baby!" He laughed.

Seher smiled at his confidence. What Zain was saying made total sense. They had so much in common. They had fun, and she got on with his family and him with hers. The cherry on top was that they were such good friends and understood each other so well. What more would anyone want for a successful marriage? But why was something telling her that one ingredient was missing? The magical ingredient that made even the most mismatched people find perfection together? Like her sister and Aahil? They were so different. But they were so n-synch, because they were totally in love. Love was the magic that had brought two totally different people together, and bound them in a perfect union of souls. She heard her parents had been the same. They were even more different than Sanam and Aahil. Chalk and Cheese. Mr Khan, the conservative, and Miss Farooqui the liberal. But they had been inseparable and so happy together. Also, wasn't the truth that once you have tasted the elixir of love, you just could not go back? Everything else paled in comparison and even a union with the most perfect suitor can only feel like a compromise?

No matter how much she wanted to deny it, she HAD already been in love. She knew how that felt. What that magic was like to experience. That is why Rehan, serious and reserved Rehan, who was so different from her, had made a place in her heart. Why she had reacted to his very presence. Her eyes had searched for him everywhere. When he was close to her, she had felt her heart beat get faster. That is why she had forgotten herself when she was with him. No matter how much she cared for and loved Zain, he didn't make her feel that way. If ONLY we could wish ourselves in love with the perfect man? But we couldn't. You didn't fall in love with someone who was perfect for you. Love just made being with them feel perfect. But she had to accept that she and Rehan could never be. There was too much water under that bridge. It was too loaded. She could not go down that path again. So maybe she should take what happiness life had to offer her? Maybe she should give this relationship thing a second chance with Zain?

"Zain...can I think about it"? She asked.

"Of course Seher. I didn't expect you to just give your answer just like that. I know this is sort of out of the blue. But I really missed you while you were away, and when I saw you again, it was like I realised what was missing. So I thought, why not just put it out there?"

"Thank you Zain".

"For what?"

"For understanding, and also for "the honour of your proposal", you know the way Jane Austen heroines would have said it?" smiled Seher.

"I didn't know you were into Jane Austen?"

"I have got into it more, since living in England. But even in school I read her work, and even though all that 'proper' behavior is more Sanam than me, I still think it has its charm. But don't tell anyone, coz it doesn't go with my kick-ass image you know?"

"It will be our secret" said Zain.

"Thank you kind sir" Seher laughed, at which Zain, who had been sitting opposite her, fell on to one knee and took her hand in his and placed a kiss on the back of her hand, in an old fashioned gallant gesture.

Seher laughed, and as if alerted to someone's gaze, she suddenly looked up to see a pair of eyes looking at her from across the pool. Rehan had been on his way to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. As he passed through the hallway, the general ruckus coming from the other side of the pool had drawn his eyes that way. He had seen Sanam and Seher's cousins playing cards. Almost automatically his eyes had gravitated towards the smaller couch  away from the main crowd, and he had seen Seher with Zain. They were sitting together and appeared to be in a very serious conversation, when suddenly Seher had laughed, and within seconds, Zain had gone on one knee and kissed the back of her hand. Seher had seemed delighted by the gesture, until she looked up directly into HIS eyes.

As her eyes met Rehan's, for a moment she was unable to tear her eyes away from him. She almost felt guilty at being caught out in her moment with Zain. "Why should I feel guilty?" she thought to herself. It was not like she and Rehan had anything between them? She quickly looked away and Rehan too looked away and walked off. As if alerted to Seher's stillness, Zain looked back towards where she had been looking. But by then no one was there. Seher drew her hand away from Zain's.

"Everything OK"?

"Yeah, everything is fine. Zainey, I am feeling a bit tired. I think I'll turn in".

"Sure. See you tomorrow".

"Goodnight".

"Goodnight Seher", said Zain, and he went and joined the others. Seher left the poolside bidding the rest of them goodnight. As she walked to her room, Seher could not shake this uncomfortable feeling in the pit of her stomach. WHY had Rehan looked at her with an almost accusing look in his eyes? What did it matter to him if she was with Zain or anyone else? After all, he was with someone too, so why can't she be? What a hypocrite? "Seher, you have done nothing wrong. Rehan and you are not even friends. Leave alone anything else. So what does it matter what he thinks of you and Zain? Snap out of it". Telling herself this, she walked into her room and closed the door.

Later that week

Aahil had noticed that Rehan was working late almost the whole week since Zain and the cousins had arrived in Bhopal, and he even found an excuse to go out of town for two days, to settle a land deal that could have waited till next week. Since their confrontation the other day, when Aahil had told him that he was jealous of Zain and Seher, and asked him to talk to Seher, Rehan had pretty much shut down any attempt he had made to re-open the topic. Rehan could be very stubborn when he wanted to be, and very decisive too. He always knew Rehan had a darker side to him, but it had been clearer since the exposure of Tanveer. A part of him had shut down totally, and he kept everyone at a certain arm's length. Now he knew that part of the reason for his reserve would have been his heartbreak over Seher. During the time of Tanveer's arrest and consequent death, at least he had had Sanam to console him. Her love and understanding had been a major part of why he recovered from that horrible time. But who had Rehan had? No one. To top it all off, he had lost the girl he loved courtesy of his Mother's truth as well. It pained Aahil to see how unhappy Rehan was, especially since Zain had arrived, but what could he do, when he himself was shutting him out?

All day Friday, Seher was out with her cousins and Zain. They went shopping and out for lunch. Sanam also joined them for lunch, but the long hours of shopping was too much for her. She had come home after lunch. Sanam noticed that Seher seemed a lot happier since the cousins arrived and Zain's presence seem to be distracting her. After the happenings and the revelations of the past week, Sanam was glad that Seher seemed to be less disturbed now. At least she didn't seem to be obsessing over Rehan. Sanam knew that Seher said that chapter of her life was over. But she was not sure if she was just wishing it away, or if she had really moved on. It seemed that her sister was very close to Zain and seemed very happy in his company. Could it be more than friendship though? Sanam was not sure. On the other hand, Rehan seemed to be scarce since their guests had arrived. Rehan had gone out of town to settle a land deal on Thursday and said he will be back on Friday. Aahil had told her about their argument the other day and how Rehan seems to have shut down since then. Sanam was not sure when and how this whole issue between her sister and Aahil's brother would be resolved. But maybe the best thing is time. After all, Seher had been here for only around a month now, and you can't expect things to just go back to normal between them so soon. 3+ years can't be undone in 3+ weeks.

Rehan knew he was conspicuously absent from home these days. But even if it raised speculation among Aahil and Sanam he just couldn't help how he felt. The truth was that he just wanted an excuse to be out of Ibrahim Mansion. He hated watching Seher with Zain. It was highlighting to him what he was missing. He had barely spoken to Sonia in the last two weeks and she had called him when he was away sorting out the land deal asking him if everything was ok? She asked if she had done something to make him upset? Why was he avoiding her? He felt terrible, coz he knew that she had done nothing wrong. The only thing she had done wrong, if you could call it that, was that she was not Seher. Which was not her fault. No one was Seher and no one ever could be. How was he going to compensate for the loss of one women with another? No one can take someone else's place. Maybe that was the problem? He needed to give Sonia her own place in his life, not think he was giving her Seher's place? The truth was that seeing Seher again only reinforced to him what he had tried to deny all this time. That he was not over her. Not seeing her had made him fool himself that he had moved on. But seeing her again made it plain he had not. But what can he do about it? Should he talk to Seher like Aahil asked him to? What was the point of that, when she had clearly moved on to someone else? Not to mention the fact that their parents shared past was always a divide between them. Rehan just felt like he was caught up in a catch 22. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Maybe he should just move back to Mumbai? He should seriously think about it. He was turning 30 in a few months and it was time to get serious about his future.

Seher had been mulling over what Zain had said the other day. He had asked her to marry him and she knew that he was not joking. She almost told Sanam about it, but then thought to just keep it to herself for now. She didn't want to be influenced in her decision in any way. After knowing about her history with Rehan, both Sanam and Aahil thought she should talk to him. But she didn't agree. She got on so well with Zain and his family too. Maybe it was time to think seriously about this? That means moving to Dubai, probably for good. Of course she could come to India often coz Zain's Dad and her uncle Haider's company had a lot of business interests in India. It also meant that she would be closer to Sanam and Badi Ammi, unlike being in London. It was a win / win on many levels. But she could not quite shake the thought that she was thinking of marriage to Zain almost like she was thinking of a business deal. The very phrase Win / win was proof of that. Like Badi Ammi had said that day, when you were in love, you didn't even have to think about why you want to get married. You just know you do. You certainly didn't have to make a "list" of pros and cons! But in life, not everything was so straightforward. But she was turning 27 soon, and not that that was old, but it was time to get serious about her future.

Friday Evening - Ibrahim Mansion

It was early evening on Friday and everyone was at Ibrahim mansion. Only Sanam and Aahil had not come to the lounge yet. Sanam was resting in her room, and Aahil was at a meeting and arriving shortly. Even Rehan had come back after sorting out his land deal. They were all sitting around in the lounge chatting. Latiff was handing out snacks to everyone and they were all praising the food.

"Aap sabko shukriya, Lekin, yeh nashtha bana te bana Te, Meri bura Haal hogayi thi. Aaj Kal Sanam Ko bhi Aahil baba kana banna ne se mana Kar raha hain Na. Iss liye muje hi sab karana padtha hain" complained Latiff.

"Latiff. If you told me..main Apki help karthi Na"? Said Seher laughing.

"Aap?? Seher, main noodles bana ne khi bath Nahin Kar rahi Hun. KANA bana ne khi bath Kar rahi Hun, aur woh bhi ithene sare logo Ke liye. Aapko kana banana Nahin atha Na?" Said Latiff.

"That part is totally true Latiff. Our Golden girl here can do everything. But cooking is really not her thing" said Zain smiling.

"Yeah. Make fun of me Zain. Just as well your rich enough to afford a chef. That way I never have to cook for you" said Seher sarcastically.

At this comment, Ishaan looked up and gave both Seher and Zain a speculative look. Seher saw the look and realised how telling that line had been. Just because she was considering Zain's marriage proposal, that didn't mean she should put her foot in it, and say things like that. Seher realised that fortunately, no one else seemed to have noticed her comment much. But someone had. Despite trying to tune them out, Rehan heard what Seher said. Did he need more evidence of the fact that they were a couple??

"Ya Allah, aap logoki batho se mera koi faida Nahin hoga Na? Muje madath Kaun Karega? Main Ithana kaam akele Kaise Karogi? Main Toh hui Chui mui"!

"Latiff, Aaj Jeej Ko aane doh, main unse bath karake aapke liye koi madath karne wale Ka arrangement Kar dungi ok? Anyways, we can order in tomorrow's meals? Chalega?"

"Chalega!" Said Latiff smiling.

Sanam came down to the lounge at that moment, and Seher told her that she really should organise some help for Latiff.

"Latiff. Main Apko kithe
ni bar kaha hain, Ke agar kana bana Na hain, Toh muje Bulalo?"

"Aur Apko Bula liya Toh, Laad Saab khi narazagi muje hi Jelna Padatha hain Na"?

"I will handle your Laad Saab. Agli Baar aap muje batha do ok? Koi kana bana ne se Bimar thodi na ho jaye gi. Waise bhi, main Bimar Nahin Hun, Pregnant Hun. Lekin apki Laad Saab Ko yeh Kaun samjayega?" Said Sanam shaking her head.

Suddenly there was a sound of someone arriving through the door.

"Lagtha hain Apki Laad Saab Aa hi Gaya"!

Sanam walked more towards the front foyer and so did Seher. There was a girl standing in the hallway with a small overnight carry case in her hand, which she was dragging behind her. She was in jeans and a t-shirt. Both Sanam and Seher recognised her. Sanam had met her once in Mumbai and Seher had seen her photos on Facebook.

"Sonia"? Said a voice behind them. Rehan had also walked further into the hallway and seen who was there.

"Rehan" the girl said, smiling. She left her bag and walked towards him, and hugged him. Rehan seemed taken aback for a moment, but then he hugged her back. As Sonia and Rehan hugged, Sanam turned her eyes on Seher for a moment. The expression on her face could only be termed as "shock" to Sanam. Seher did not look pleased. "So much for her assertion that it was all over with Rehan?" thought Sanam.

"What are you doing here?" said Rehan, breaking the hug with Sonia and holding her a bit away from him.

"How un-romantic? Is that how you greet your girlfriend when you see her after so many weeks Rehan Saab"? Smiled Sonia shaking her head.

"Sorry, I am just surprised to see you. That's all".

"You know the saying? If Mohammed doesn't come to the mountain, then the mountain must come to Mohammed? Aysa hi kuch?" said Sonia, and then suddenly, as if she was aware of their audience, she turned to Sanam.

"I am so sorry. This is so rude of me. Mrs Ibrahim? I am Sonia. We met last year at the "I.H" (Ibrahim Holdings), annual function in Mumbai?"

"Of course, I remember you Sonia. PLEASE, call me Sanam". Said Sanam smiling.

"Thank you. Sanam" she said smiling almost shyly. She then suddenly looked to her right and saw Seher. She knew that Aahil's wife had a twin. But of course she had never met Sanam's sister. Rehan had been so thrown by seeing Sonia unexpectedly, that he was still trying to get his head around it. He suddenly realised that he had not introduced Sonia to Seher.

"I'm sorry. Sonia, this is...", he said turning towards Seher, but Seher beat him to it.

"Seher Ahmed Khan", said Seher, coming forward and extending her hand towards Sonia. "I'm Sanam's sister".

"Sonia Seth" said Sonia, smiling and shaking Sanam's hand. "Nice to meet you".

"Likewise" said Seher.

"I am so sorry to come here un-announced like this Mrs Ib...I mean Sanam, but I thought I would visit Bhopal this weekend, coz Rehan here has been so elusive lately" she said looking towards Rehan and giving him an ironic smile.

"Please don't apologize Sonia, any friend of Rehan's is welcome here at any time. We will be having dinner in an hour. That will give you time to freshen up".

"Please Sanam, don't put yourself out on my behalf. I can even have dinner out with Rehan. I have booked myself into a Hotel for the weekend".

"Hotel? NO way. No guest of ours will stay in a hotel. You will stay here this weekend".

"Please, I don't want to inconvenience you. I know you have guests here and..."

"We have enough space in this house Sonia. Please don't worry. I will get Latiff to show you to one of the guest rooms", said Sanam.

"Api...why are you asking Sonia to stay in a guest room? She will probably want to stay in Rehan's room?" said Seher.

"Seher...PLEASE... your embarrassing Sonia" said Sanam looking at Seher disapprovingly.

"Come on Api...she has come from Mumbai. People there are not that conservative?"

"This is not Mumbai Seher" said Sanam.

"Of course Sonia will stay in the guest room" said Rehan quickly. "No need to call Latiff, Sanam. I will show her". Saying this, he gestured to Sonia to follow him. The two of them left the hall. As they moved out of earshot Sanam turned to Seher.

"What was that?"

"What?"

"WHY did you embarrass Rehan and Sonia like that? What is the matter with you"?

"Come on Api...I was only suggesting that maybe Sonia would like to stay with Rehan? After all, she came from Mumbai all the way to see him"?

"Yes Seher, but its in poor taste for me to ask an unmarried girl who comes to stay in my house, to shack up in her boyfriend's room? He is not even her fiance? There is such a thing as protocol?"

"Api and her protocol ha?"

"Yes. Would Badi Ammi approve, if you visited your boyfriend's house and expected to stay in his room? Would she approve now, if I had asked Rehan's girlfriend to stay in his room? It's rude, and it's presumptuous too. Just because you're dating someone, it doesn't mean that we should assume that things have progressed to that level?"

"Come on Api,  kaun si zamane main rehe rahi hain aap? Sometimes I can't believe you got married to a 'Khiladi'? I am sure the girls Jeej dated were not being held at arm's length?"

"Your Jeej was not in 'relationships' with any of those girls. They were 'flings', and that is the definition of a fling Seher. But Rehan is in a relationship. So it's different".

"Whatever... She's been Rehan's girlfriend for months now? I am sure they..."

"I don't care what they are Seher. In this house, I can't ask her to stay in his room. End of discussion. Anyway, why are you being so catty? Or is it that you're jealous"? Said Sanam, looking squarely at Seher.

"Jealous? ME? PLEASE Api... Why would I be jealous"? Said Seher defensively.

"You tell me Seher".

"I have no reason to be jealous of Rehan and his girlfriend. I am not interested in him in any way!"

"If you say so!" said Sanam, giving Seher an ironic look. "For someone who is not interested, you have a unique way of showing it!"

"Api...you..." Seher started to argue when someone spoke from behind them.

"Sorry to interrupt your sisterly love, but now I am home, can I have your attention for a minute Begum"? Said Aahil's voice.

"Aahil? Sorry I didn't see you".

"I figured. I got in more than 5 minutes ago, but you didn't even hear me walk in!"

"I'm sorry. How was your day"? said Sanam contritely.

"Long as usual. What's happening? What are you guys arguing about?"

"NOTHING" said both Sanam and Seher together.

"Like that ha?" said Aahil smiling. He gestured to Sanam to lead the way, as he started to move towards the side of the house which led to the staircase. Seher walked back in to join the others in the hall.

"You won't guess who just arrived" said Sanam to Aahil as they started to climb the stairs towards their room.

"Who?"

"Sonia"

"Sonia?" said Aahil confused for a second, and then clarity dawned on his face. "Sonia Seth? Rehan's...?"

"Girlfriend" Sanam finished the sentence for Aahil.

"Interesting", said Aahil with a small smile.

"More interesting was Seher's reaction to seeing her".

"I see. This will definitely be an interesting weekend" said Aahil.

At the time, neither Sanam nor Aahil could predict how interesting it was going to become.

To be continued...

Ok folks, so here is Part 8. Finally managed to get it done. I wrote most of this on a plane, and there was even turbulence! But I am still dedicated to my art! :) My trip has just ended, but I will be busy for the next few days. But will endeavor to update as soon as possible. For all those who want to know what "Zain" looks like, well think of that guy "Zain" from the show "Beinteha". I have not watched the show, but I think he is handsome, and I think the right fit for my Zain.

Cheers

Mandy

Previous part - Part 7                         Next Part -  Part 9

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 9 years ago
kals82 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
res
unres...

neither i could predict what is  in  store for  us in the next chapter...

an awesome chapter... and very much in reality..

people move on...  in life...

zain and sonia are  also good...

waiting for the drama to infold...

Edited by kals82 - 9 years ago