Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bansari7 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Brahmins are supposed to be pure vegetarian but they do eat onion and garlic and all other fruits and vegetables so plz get your facts straight 
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Bansari7

Brahmins are supposed to be pure vegetarian but they do eat onion and garlic and all other fruits and vegetables so plz get your facts straight 

exactly..
that's my point..i wouldnt mind if the discussion was just abt characters..
it was abt castes and communities..and that too was not entirely true.

abt, hathi..i just replied to ur statement that u havent heard of hathi as a surname..so i said it is.
its for the makers to decide where they r from..or just keep them as Indians..which we basically are.

its n individual's choice what to eat n what not to..particularly in today's time when we have exposure to much of indian n international cuisine..i m a vegetarian..but i dont really mind if my son wants to taste non- veg.

and as of now, let's just stop the discussion and go back to the basics...restrict our talks to the show n its characters.

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bansari7

Really ? I am sorry I dint know that.
 Edited.
Btw Brahmanism observes different rituals in different places. Just to tell it being a Bengali brahmin myself I know Bengali brahmins do have fish and mutton but not chicken or any other form of meat. We also eat onion and garlic.

Likewise there are some cults of Brahmanism where onions are garlics are somewhat prohibited. 

My facts cannot go straight here because we are talking about  Indian here. Mother of  several cultures, cuisines and customs.

In any case, sorry if it hurts your sentiments and don't worry the thread gets closed soon.
Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
dey.bh thumbnail
http://www.indiacurry.com/faqterms/whatisnorthindiancuisine.htm

This is what I got and it claims in general brahmins are not suppose to eat onion and garlic. I guess people are too sentimental of their own cuisine and this discussion will get controversial as much as we try to dig. Thus, I am requesting the moderators to close the topic. We are not discussing aything on topic but hitting here and other about cuisines and cultures. The question was why Daya is Annapurna alone while others cook as much as she does? And Unfortunately, nothing has come out from this discussion.

Before it gets vulgar, lets end it.

Peace
..Kimi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Debby just wants to say that just like daya, all the GD ladies must be cooking good food at their homes..but all the GD waasis only appreciate daya's food and all her annapurna .
I also think that it is wrong to call daya as annapurna as the other GD ladies are all annapurna in their own right  

But maybe they want to call daya as annapurna because they are trying to represent her as someone who loves cooking more and is more efficient with it...others might be better in their area's

P.S: Also what is wrong in Gujrati cuisine being sweet?What is to take offence in that? I love gujju food..It is really tasty..And yes it is sweeter as compared to our goan cuisine..But that is also the reason why I love it..
..Kimi.. thumbnail
Why to end this topic here? Healthy discussion is possible..We can refrain comments on communities..which I know we will..๐Ÿ˜†
dey.bh thumbnail
Originally posted by: ..kimaya..

Why to end this topic here? Healthy discussion is possible..We can refrain comments on communities..which I know we will..๐Ÿ˜†

nahi re, cannot expect people to maintain harmony. ITs like challenging their identity or something.Only because I said Hathi is a N- Indian doesnt mean  I was dividing India into North and South Zones๐Ÿ˜†  Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
.Rohit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Isn't hathi north indian ๐Ÿ˜•
dey.bh thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Rohit_

Isn't hathi north indian ๐Ÿ˜•

he is as per the story๐Ÿคฃ 
..Kimi.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: dey.bh

nahi re, cannot expect people to maintain harmony. ITs like challenging their identity or something.Only because I said Hathi is a N- Indian doesnt mean  I was dividing India into North and South Zones๐Ÿ˜† 

People take everything way too personally yaar.. Whenever there is a discussion,people jump and comment on each others community ..basically they take it all personally
We are all grown up matured people at IF ๐Ÿ˜†and hence,just closing a thread is not the solution
I guess we can still keep a discussion alive without getting personal..that is actually what is needed for an healthy discussion afterall
India is a nation of diverse communities and that is exactly what makes it so amazing.
 Instead of taking it in a good way,people take it as offense
Our cuisines,names or whatever are very beautiful and unique
 We all need to coexist peacefully
And have a good healthy discussion
Edited by ..kimaya.. - 9 years ago