MeeraXD thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
I started off writing this in "Share-your-story" thread but I figured that it would be a very long post so instead I made a topic in itself. I hope you guys don't mind. Thanks!

Well this is my story...😃

I was 16 when I moved from the country side to Melbourne City. Everything was so different- the people, the place and the norms. The thought of enrolling into a well-known high school had me all nervous and scary. I "was" the type of girl who was really awkward and shy- introvert (that's the word). Having to start off high school again at a new place made me sick - making new friends, knowing your way around the school and finding a new cave at school where I could be all alone feeling normal was what I had to do all over again and this time in a environment which was ten times larger than my previous country high school. Somehow, without committing suicide I managed to complete a year at this new school 😆. I had not talked to majority of the people in my school even after an year. My friends were Asian and my 'cave' was the female bathroom or the quiet study area in the library. Simply I was one of those uncool nerdy girls.

Lol. That was a lot of background... coming to the point now 😃

So after an year at this school, I sort off got comfortable with it. Like I understood what kind of people I was surrounded with and what I expected from them. Majority - I could not expect anything from them except usual silly comments and stupidity. Anyway, there was this guy in nearly all my classes. He was very different from me (miles apart). He was the school captain, he was into sports, he used to volunteer and stuff. He was like a star. He was not that good-looking but he had charisma and humor. (You can't have best of all worlds 😉). He was like the only guy I could talk to without feeling judged because he was so polite and open. We used to help each other with assignments and stuff. Challenge each other during exams ðŸ˜† and he used to force me to go out a bit. At that time, I considered him as a friend but for him I may have just been an acquaintance because he used to talk to everyone, literally ðŸ˜•. My friends were closer to him than I was and from them I learnt that he already had been in two relationships and currently he was dating another from our year. Well, that was all gossip and I had no whatsoever feelings for this guy just yet.

Not there yet... So this is when it all begun... Finally 😆

We finished high school (Yay!). We never contacted each other during the 4 months break. It felt like we were never ever going to meet again. But we did. This time we attended the same university and we pretty much did the same course. And we traveled in the same route. So pretty much we were stuck with each other in the first half of our first year. Because he was so outgoing and all, he used to have a lot of stories to tell- like the parties he attended over the weekend, the girls that would hit on him, the sports finale that he ended up in, his part-time job...SO MANY STORIES!😡! Whereas, I didn't have anything. No-one invited me to parties, I sucked at sports, I had no job, no friends, no nothing except for assignments and exams. My life pretty much sucked 🥱. So when he used to tell me all his stories, I used to feel awkward and unworthy of being friends with him.

Honestly, this is it now...😆

When the second semester started off, I decided that I will try and avoid him so that he could go and find friends that were actually worthy of him. I ignored him big time and he didn't seem to notice my absence at all . Anyway, so a few months past by... we hadn't seen or talked to each other for a real long time.

My classes finished at around 7.00 pm on a Friday night and I had no idea that there was a party on at the campus at that time. People were everywhere, the music was insanely loud and... it was cold. The party was set in such an area that it required me to pass through it to get to the bus station was. It felt like hell because that was my very first party atmosphere experience. So I walked past dancing, drunk, hooked up, awkward, staring strangers when I finally reached a point when I thought it was all over. But then, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and it was him 😳.

For some reason, I was so happy to see him again and without thinking I gave him a big hug. He reciprocated in the same way and this was the first time we actually had any physical contact with each other (lol I count it as the first 😉). That hug was not a casual 2 second hug, it lasted for a really long time it seemed. We broke it off finally. Talked a little about what was going on in each others life, he teased me for being in a party, we drank a bit... and then it was time for me to go. And I felt the same feeling that I had a few months ago, the feeling of not being able to see him again and maybe he was feeling the same thing. He walked me to the bus station and we stood there quietly for awhile. I saw the bus coming and gave him a good-bye hug... when suddenly he held on tighter and finally said "I love you".

*We're onto our fourth year together and he still says "I Love You" like he said it for the first time.

Edited by MeeraXD - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

D3viL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
congratulations! it is nice when two people who are similar in nature find solace in each others arms
Easy_A thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.
I read the story twice and think it woulda been more interesting if you filled us in on the stepping stones that led to the point of him saying the important three words to you. But oh well... you have the right to your privacy, so it's fine. Hope you guys go strong and steady for years. 
MeeraXD thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Yes... I have left out some bits but writing those bits down would take pages though so tried to keep it as short as possible... 😆

Thanks guys <3
Haisisterz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for sharing dear =)
It is indeed a very nice experience =)