ARTICLE : and this is WHY Paanch can't be compared to SH!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
i just discovered it now..it didn't come up tht time anyways..

TRP's are good competitive sword - Sudhir Sharma

Posted by Just Showbiz On June 21, 2014

Sudhir Sharma is not a new name in Television Industry. After producing couple of hit shows under his banner "Sunshine Productions" like Miley Jab Hum Tum, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Karol Bagh, Panch, Buddy project he is well known for coming up with a fresh untouched subjects everytime. He is again a setting standards with his new show "Baawre" on Life OK. Just Showbiz congratulated him for his new show while he tells us story of his journey.

sudhir

Excerpts:

Miley Jab Hum Tum' was your first project, was it difficult to manage and execute your staff members initially?

No, not really. My production house was producing lots of ad films and all. We were not completely new, but having said that producing a daily show was one kind of task. That challenge is always there.

You have done promotions in many channels like MTV, Star Plus, Sony and many more, so what difference do you find in producing a fiction-content show?

Earlier I was in a news channel, it was completely different. Promoting proved to be a very good bridge for getting into and understanding about fiction content. From 1998 to 2006 we were only doing show packaging and show promos, and campaigns because in order to give a good promo to viewers you need to understand the concept and related stuff. So I think it was a good learning exercise for us. The format was the difference between these mediums.

Sunshine Productions' is known for its varied show concepts and execution. How do you come up with these innovative ideas?

I want to make what I want to see. I always try and design my concept as a viewer and not a maker. So when I am designing as a viewer I keep in mind I do not repeat my concept and execution. And the most important thing is to keep it relatable and very real. These are the couple of points which inspires us to do something new and different without fearing the TRP's. We always try to do our best and be slightly different from others.

Do you believe in this TRP drama?

That's the fact of our life! It's a good competitive sword which is always there on every broadcaster and producer. So I don't think its wrong, its ultimately the parameter which tells how many people are watching your show. Of course now because of social networking sites we get to know the viewers reaction. But TRP's cannot be neglected. Nobody has a perfect formula for Number 1' show, it doesn't work like that.

Your new show Baaware' is really doing well, what are your expectations from this show?

Baaware' is the most different show from the shows I have produced so far. Its hugely experimental. If its working and people are liking then I think we have done our job right, so we are not much worried right now for the TRP because this kind of ashow will take little time to click. We are pretty happy with the response we are getting on social media sights.

How did you come up with the idea of making Nilesh Misra the narrator of the show?

To be very honest we are partnering in this show, the concept and story of the show was his idea and the first time we met we gelled really well. As I am also a director first and then the producer ,I really understand the hardships of a creative person so I think that's the reason we gelled really well. Otherwise he had plenty of other options and many corporate would have may be payed more than I can pay, so I think the only pure reason was the common creative wavelength and we understand each other very well. Hence, Baaware' moved on and I really insisted Nilesh as he was really popular on radio and his stories were very much loved. I insisted for this experiment, he was hesitant initially but then I convinced him later. All credit of making the narrator click goes to Nilesh.

Paanch' is wrapping up, so how was the journey of Paanch'?

Paanch' was again a very different kind of show. It was the most satisfying show. Why I am saying this is because Paanch' is a by-weekly show and it has been one of the  top show along with Sadda Haq'. Sadda Haq' being a daily show and Paanch' being a by-weekly and still surviving in the top slot is a big thing, that's one of the reason which makes Paanch' special. In India none of the shows which are bi-weekly having time spent is 13 which Panch' had once. We have given 68 episodes and in this 68 episodes none of our episodes rated less than 10 which is a very big thing  for a bi-weekly.  Paanch'  being  by-weekly and on a 6:00 pm slot still attracted huge audience which is applaudable.

Are you coming up with a new show on Channel V' ?

At one point we were running three shows on Channel V' - Buddy Project, Its Complicated and Panch. Now Yeah, there are couple of concepts we are discussing with Channel V' but nothing is concrete yet.

From all the shows you have produced till now, which is that one show which is the most special for you?

That's a very tough question, I absolutely can't pick just one! All are special to me , all are my babies. But if you ask me which are the shows which are landmark and have made even 1% of difference on TV then I will say that would be Karol Baugh , Paanch' and Na Bole Tu Na Maine Kuch Kaha'. All the other shows are also very special, like Miley Jab Hum Tum' made me learn a lot as it was my fist fiction show. Not that I am saying others are not good but these three definitely game changer for our company.

When it comes to launching a show does the brand and channel matter to you?

When we conceive a program we never think which channel we will take it to. Every channel has its different point of view and different kind of audience. You cannot for to Colors for a show which was actually designed for Zee. Every channel has different pattern and tastes of audience. Every channel has different kind of audience like Sony has urban, channel V has youths more, Starplus, Zee and Colors have different audience. So,  once the show is ready then the Channel is thought over.

From all the actors you have worked till now, whom you find the most versatile?

A tough question again. My personal favourite are Kunal Kapoor, Rati Pandey, Smriti Kalra and Manav Gohil, and also Abhishek Rawat and there are really many I am missing I think. I think they all will hit me! (laughs). And I also think that Sheetal ( Roshni from Paanch') and Rashi (Gauri from Paanch') are both phenomenal actors.

Message to viewers who love your shows.

We would love to have more interactive sessions from viewers like what kind of content they want to see. Not only in terms of leads because that control we want in our hands. But we want to know how viewers think about particular track and what more they expect  to watch. So that, when we make another show we will keep it in mind.

Twitter handle - https://twitter.com/sudhirsunshine

Website of Production House: http://www.sunshineproductions.in/

accha m tired of this nonsense aLREADY...
this is an answer to those making stories about Paanch's failure...the fact can't be ruled out tht paanch was equally responsible for paanch's success than any other show ! !!!

three cheers for paanch
Paanch definitely rocked still searching for a show of such a crisp n strong storyline on Indian TV...no luck yet...it was definitely one of d best
Originally posted by ..Serendipity..

Paanch definitely rocked still searching for a show of such a crisp n strong storyline on Indian TV...no luck yet...it was definitely one of d best

yup that's why mini series are much better than longer ones...

Paanch
Special Squad 

have been amazing (Y)