Mrs.Somerhalder thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Thanks! 

Chapter 2

Piya kept tossing around on the bed, unable to sleep. She had never let any male come so close to her; and here one complete stranger had kissed her. What made her angry on herself was that instead of disgust she felt good when she remembered the kiss. Whenever she tried to close her eyes the kiss came back to her, finally having had enough she sits up on the bed irritated. She drank some water and walked towards the window and looked at the moon.

Piya turned around with a jerk when someone tapped on her shoulder. She turned around to look at him again.

She had already felt his presence many times tonight and every time it turned out to be her imagination.

Piya drew in a sharp breath and said irritated, "What the hell do you want? Why are you irritating me again and again by coming in front of me?"

He only continues to look at her with amusement; annoyed she starts taking steps in front and pokes him on his chest, making him take a step back while saying, "What the hell do you think of yourself hunh?" (She again pokes him and he again goes behind) "Tell me? First you kiss me without my permission? Then you just walk off as if nothing happened? Then you keep troubling me and not let me sleep by coming in front of me again and again! Get lost!"

Piya pushes him again on the wall but while doing so ends up losing balance and Abhay catches her immediately.. Her tightly shut eyes due to fear open in a shot.. She looks at him thoroughly shocked.. He was here, in the room for real and not her imagination as she thought it to be..

She quickly stands up properly and asks, "YOU!? What are you doing here? How did you come inside? Wait, how did you get my address? And.."

Abhay cuts her off, "Whoa, too many questions in one go sweetheart!" (Pia glares at him angrily) "Now when a beautiful babes was missing me and was wanting to meet me so badly, how could I not come hunh?" and saying this he winks making Piya gapes at him thinking if he was for real.

Abhay smirks and with attitude says, "I know I am handsome and you can't resist looking at me but that doesn't mean you just keep staring at me sweetheart.. Bad manners, you know!"

Piya irritated says, "Too much of yourself moron, and for your kind information I was not missing you or wanting to meet you, infact I had never like to meet you again! Get that?"

Abhay laughs and says, "Oh is it? Guilty Conscious huh, for I never even mentioned your name!"

Piya mentally slaps her for her stupidity and turns around angrily.. Abhay slowly back hugs her and Piya initially shocked pushes him away and shouts at him, "What the hell do you think you are doing? Who gave you the rights to touch me!?"

Abhay smirks and says, "Don't act as if you don't like the feeling, I know even you are very eager for it!"

Piya looks at him disgusted, "Are you out of your mind? I am not a cheap girl who would sell her body to you! There are many that type of girls out, go for them!"

Abhay angrily grips her arms taking Piya by surprise and forcibly slams his lips onto hers..  He starts kissing her wildly. Piya struggles a lot but his grip only tightens onto her making her wince in pain and taking up the opportunity he slides his tongue in her mouth and starts tasting the sweetness of her mouth.. After a few moments he pulls apart from her due to shortage of breath... Piya touches her swollen lips and angrily raises her hand to slap him when he catches it, stopping her from slapping him..  He leaves her hands and with the help of the moonlight which came through the window locates the switches and after switching some on and off he finally switches the lights on.

He comes back to have a nice look at her but stops seeing her sad face.. She looked broken, her face tear stained and her lips swollen.. He feels guilty for behaving harshly with her but he couldn't control his anger seeing her even compare herself with the cheap girls and the thing that she thought him to be a cheap person pricked him more. He knew she was not of that kind and that was the reason he felt more attracted towards her.. Girls are always ready to throw themselves over him but even after having a look at him at the party Piya had just continued glaring at him which just confirmed his thoughts of her being different from everyone..

He was pacing around waiting for his Bhabhi(elder brother's wife) and his niece to show up soon.. They were coming back after a long stay of a month at his Bhabhi's parent's home.. He finally spotted his bhabhi who was waiting at the conveyer belt waiting for her luggage but after having one look at his beloved niece, Kiara his breath got stuck in his throat and before he could make a move he saw a girl rushing towards Kiara saving her from falling off the conveyer belt which she had managed to climb on. He waited to have a good look of her and as soon she turned around he could see her face, he had never seen someone so beautiful yet decent.. He noticed the way she talked, the way she carried herself, the way she smiled, everything about her was so perfect that he found himself lost in her. For the first time in history he was drooling on a girl and not the opposite.. He looked on at her for some good minutes when a voice broke his trance..

A girl looked at him with excitement and said, "Aren't you "THE ABHAY RAICHAND?"" Abhay smirked at her and she jumped in excitement getting attention of other girls to..

Abhay quickly wore his sunglasses and his hat to avoid recognition and before turning back tried to look at the beautiful angel again who was talking with his bhabhi sometime back, but to his disappointment she was nowhere to be seen.. Just then Kiara screamed in his ear from behind and startled he looked back.. Kiara giggled and said, "Abhay Chachu got scaled(scared)!! Yayyy!! Michion akompliched(Mission Accomplished)..

Abhay took her from his bhabhi's arms and started tickling her and Kiara in between her giggles said, "Ok, ok, I am cholly!"

Abhay smiled at her and said, "You better be!"

The driver took the luggage and put it  in the dickey and Kiara and Bhabhi sat in.. Abhay opened the front door to sit next to the driver when he saw her again, wasting no time he said, "Bhabhi I will be back in a minute" an without waiting for a a reply ran off.

He started following Piya from a safe distance when after sometime he signalled a person to come to him.. He gave him the invitation to the Raichand's party, put some money in his pocket and signalled at Piya. The man nodded and gave the invite to Piya and left before she could utter a word.

Piya switches the lights on and shook Abhay confused waiting for him to respond and Abhay came to his senses and looked at her face. She looked fine and as if nothing had happened.. And that's when he realised that the interactions that took place between them were only his thoughts.. He sighed in relief thinking that he had not spoiled his impression or got her anger yet.

He brightly smiles at her and she looks at him even more confused and says, "I asked you why are you here? And how you reached here?"

He only hugs her and she gets even more confused, "What's in you mind huh?" She pushes him saying that.

He breaks the hug and looks at her with a serious face. He digs his hands in his pocket searching for something and when he finally gets that he smirks at her.

Piya gets scared thinking if he was taking out a knife or a gun..

Piya screamed shouts, "HELP! HELP!! Someone save me from this monster!!"

Abhay looks at her shocked not understanding why she was getting scared. Suddenly Piya remembers that Misha and Kabir had gone out for a movie and there was no one at home.

Piya starts sweating and slowly steps back, "Please, don't.. don't do.. don't do th.. this to m.. me"

Abhay gets more and more confused and asks, "What should I not do?"

Piya still scared answers, "The thing you are here for!"

Abhay amused wonders how she knew what he was here for, but then why was she so scared as if he was her to kill her or do something bad to her, that's when it hits him that why she is actually scared.  He looks back at her and saw that she was about to hit him on his head with a vase but he stops her on time and snatches it from her and throws it away..

Piya scared starts hitting him moving her hands fast.. Abhay smiles at her childish moves to save herself and says, "Stop it baby.. I am not going to harm you."

Piya gets more scared when her back finally touches the wall and there is no more space to go behind, she starts screaming loudly shocking Abhay. He quickly takes hold of her one hand and holds it behind her back and covers her mouth with his other hand and with his legs raps her legs so that she doesn't kick him anymore.

Piya still struggles when Abhay after having enough shouts, "STOP IT! JUST STOP IT!"

Piya looks at him wide eyed and stops struggling for once.

Abhay slowly release her and takes out the box from the pocket, opens it and there she saw a beautiful, shiny, intricate diamond fixed in a platinum band.. It looks simple but radiant, which exactly matched her taste. She was so lost in admiring the ring when Abhay's voice came, "I Love You! Would you marry me?"

She looked at him shocked.. Was he kidding her?

Piya irritated answers, "Stop playing these type of pranks on me! I very well know rich people like you!"

Abhay calmly answers, "I am not playing and prank with you, I fell in love with you the first time I saw you with Kiara!"

Piya questions, "Kiara?" and before he said anything she continues shocked, "What? You know me since then? How do you know Kiara?"

Abhay enjoying the confusion she was in answers, "Because she is my niece"

Piya still confused, "How the hwll did you trace me down"

Abhay smirks and says, "There is no such thing that is impossible for me" Piya glares at him.

Abhay continues, "I am truly inlove with you, please accept.."

Piya irritated cuts him off, "What do you exactly know about me to love me?"

Abhay calmly answers, "Almost Everything" while Piya looks at him shocked he continues, "Besides love just happens.. You don't need to know anything to fall in love with someone, because sometimes it is Love at first sight.. The moment I looked at you I knew you were the one who was made for me and who I would be spending the rest of my life with.. Believe me when I say that I love you truly and madly because I have never felt like this for any other girl before.. If I only needed a girlfriend or something why would I have come to you, when I have so many girls running behind me? You are special; you are made for me and I for you!"

By the time he finished talking Piya had started crying silently, but the main reason was nt because she was touched but because he very closely reminded her of her father. She knew that she had by now already lost her heart to him or no particular reason..

Her beloved late father who had once told the same things about her late mother to her.. She had lost them to a car accident when she was 18.

Abhay wipes her tears, and waits for her to respond. Piya suddenly throws her arms around his neck and slams her lips on his.. Abhay though initially shocked responds back in some time.

They break the kiss after some time after they were out of breath. Abhay winks at her naughtily while Piya blushes. She hugs him tight and suddenly everything starts blurring out in her vision.. Her head felt like it would explode any moment now and she struggled to say, "I..Love..You"

Abhay happily hugs her even for tight when she slowly mumbles, "Sorry" and suddenly her whole body felt heavy in his hands. Her head started tilting off his shoulders and he shocked, "Piya.. what happened to you.. Don't play such pranks on.." He stops saying anything as her body starts loosening in his grip and he immediately rushes her to the bed and lays her down.. He gets shocked to see er unconscious and frantically searches for water.. He sprinkles it on her face but gets not response from her side.. Fear struck him hard and he checked her pulse which were still beating. He immediately holds her in his arms and rushes out of the house.. He seats her in the back seat of the car with her head resting on his lap and instructs the driver to rush them to the nearest hospital..

After some time-

Abhay was pacing around outside the room Piya was put in.. All sorts of thoughts occupied his mind.. Would he loose Piya before they could start their love story? Why was God punishing him like this?

Misha tapped his shoulders and he turned around to look at her..

Abhay asks, "Are you Mish?"

Misha looks at him stunned and shocked and utters, "Impossible! Abhay Raichand!?"

Abhay says, "Yeah?"

Misha coming back to her senses answers, "Yeah I am Mish, could I know why you called me here? And that too from Piya's number?"

Before he could answer the doctor comes and says, "Mr.Raichand I need to talk to you?"

Abhay scared , "How is she? What happened to Piya?"

On hearing the name Piya Misha feels numb..

Doctor slowly tells him, "Miss. Piya has now regained conscious.. The patient has third level brain tumour. She is very critical at the moment and the shocking part is the patient already must have knew about it, as there might have been many symptoms before this one.."

Abhay felt as if the world came crashing over him but still controlling himself he asks, "But there might be a way out right?"

Doctor says, "Operation is the only way and that doesn't guarantee her chances of survival.. Though the chances are 50 5O I had suggest you to ahead for it an rest is in the hands of the God"

Misha slumps down on the sofa in a daze not understanding anything..

Abhay manages to control himself and agrees for the operation. He goes to fill in the formalities and asks if he could meet her before the operation to which he gets a positive answer.. He slowly enters the room where his Piya lay.. She looked weak, very weak.. She looks at him and wakly smiles at him.. He sits beside her and holds her hands.

Abhay tries maintaining a straight face while he was badly failing at.

Piya puts her other hand over his and Abhay looks up at her..

Abhay slowly tells her about the operation part which gets Piya upset but she agrees to him..

Piya smiles at him and says, "I never knew one day someone would love me so much and that I would ever believe in love, but look at my fate the day I fell in love these things happened.. I don't know whether I would survive the operation or not but I hardly care because after my parents death I was never at peace but today I feel calm.. Just one wish, kiss me one last time.."

Abhay grips her hands angrily and says, "Nothing is going to happen to you! You would be fine!" and before she could speak anything he makes a quick exit out of the room and bangs the door shut behind him..

Piya smiled weakly at his retreating figure.. She knew about the risks for the operation. Her doctors had told her. She knew even though the operation would turn out be successful she could lose everything. Her memories. The most precious thing she has. The memories of her parents and now even those few memories she has of Abhay. But that is only if she comes out of this alive, which she already knew was unlikely to happen. She only agreed to this for Abhay's sake. She couldn't see the despair on his face, she couldn't tell him the truth what would actually happen. Piya was sure that the doctor didn't tell him all the risks. The doctor came inside her room and said: "We should get you prepared for surgery miss."

"Did you tell him all the risks about the surgery?" Piya worriedly asks the doctor.

"No, not all of them. Just your survival chances." the doctor responded.

"Good. I don't want him to get worried before the surgery. This was enough. Please promise me, you won't tell anyone about the actual risks until the operation is done."

"Why? Don't you want him and your friend to know?"

"My friend?"

"Yes. A woman. I think I heard the name Misha."

"No, nothing. Promise me doctor."

"Okay. It's doctor patient confidentiality. I can't reveal any vital information unless the patient give me her consent."

"Good. Thank you doctor. And please promise me if there is any complications just tell them you couldn't do anything. That the tumor has progressed into such a state that there was no chance for me to survive. That you did everything in your power."

"Why?"

"Cause I know Abhay, that man that brought me in here, and my friend. They won't be at ease knowing the truth."

"Okay, as you wish. But I don't like this."

"Thank you doctor."

"Now a nurse will come and do your pre-op. And then we will wheel you out to OT."

"Okay. Thank you doctor."

A nurse came shortly in after the doctor exited. Doing a vary of necessary tests and enquiries. After everything was done. The nurse said it would be a good idea if I saw my friends again before the surgery.

Piya was rolled in to the OT. Everything was so cold and white. If this is how I go then...  At least I am happy I got to experience love. A surgeon entered the OT asking me if I was ready.

"Can a person ever be ready for this?"

"Don't worry miss. We will do our very best. We have an excellent staff."

"If you say so doctor"

"Okay. Now lets put you to sleep. You won't feel a thing."

"Sure. Good luck doc."

"Thanks, but we don't rely on luck."

The anaesthesiologist inserted some medicine that made Piya feel sleepy. She dozed off only a few seconds after. With Piya asleep the surgical team began their work. The surgeon assigned to her case took a scalpel and made a small cut on her head. Blood started to ooze out. A nurse took a couple of tissues that sucked up most of the blood, while another nurse used an instrument that had the effect of a vacuum cleaner. The surgeon put the scalpel down and took a drill, boring through Piya's skull in order to reach her brain. When he felt that he got through he stopped. The cerebral fluid that was in Piya's brain started to drip out. He then began the tough mission on dissecting the many nerves and blood vessels that was around her tumour, when he was about to cut one last major blood vessel, Piya's blood pressure dropped drastically. Her pulse began to fall as well. Piya went to cardiac arrest. The surgical team began their mission on reviving her. Giving her multiple electrical shocks to her heart and inserting adrenaline into her system. After five minutes of nonstop struggle, they succeeded. The surgeon cut the last blood vessel around the tumor, making the tumor completely free from any brain tissue. He used some pliers, slowly taking out the tumor and dropping it in the metallic bowl. Piya's surgery was accomplished. The only thing left was to see the aftermath of this surgery. Will she wake up, will she remember anything. They closed her head up, put some bandage around her head and wheeled her out to ICU.

Piya was wheeled out of the OT and shifted to another room.. Abhay looked through the glass as he couldn't get himself to go in.. His heart pricked to see Piya in such a state... He caressed her face over the glass, after closing his eyes and taking a deep breath he opened the door.. He looked at her weak form. Slowly he made his way to the stool and sat holding her hand.

On pressurising the doctor a bit the doctor had told him the three situations that could happen post surgery. The doctor's words were ringing in his ears, "Mr. Raichand, I am not supposed to tell you all these as the patient did not wish so but now I don't feel you should be kept in the dark for long. The patient very well knew the risks post surgery still she continued with it. The situations post surgery could be, 1. As we all hope and pray, that she wakes up and everything is fine. 2. She wakes up and doesn't remember a thing. And as for the 3rd one, I hope it doesn't happen so, she may not wake up at all."

As he remembered the last sentence the doctor said a tear rolled out of his eyes, made its way down his cheeks and fell on Piya's hand. Piya's hand moved a bit and a wave of relief went through Abhay as he realized she was waking up. One risk was cancelled out now.. He rushed to call the doctor.

When he was back Piya had managed to open her eyes and sit with the help of the nurse. She looked confused, as if she was wondering what she was doing there?

Abhay looks at Piya and gives her a smile which Piya responds back with a frown. The doctor comes and starts asking her questions.

"So how are you feeling Miss. Piya?" The doctor asks.

"Who are you?" Piya answers him with one of her own questions.

Fear grips Abhay's heart. Had she forgotten everything?

"I am you doctor Miss Piya. You do remember right you had an operation for brain tumour? Do you recognise these two people standing here" the doctor asks fearing the worst.

Piya looks on confused for some time and after a moment speaks up, "I don't know who you are? I don't know what you are talking about? I don't know who they are? I don't know who am I? I don't know a single thing!"

Abhay and Misha stare at her in shock while the doctor sighs dejectedly. Abhay looks at the doctor pleadingly when he is distracted by the sound of someone's laughter. He looks at Piya confused.. It took them a while to realise Piya was just teasing them. Abhay glares at her and Piya after controlling her laughter says, "I can't believe you people are so gullible! Okay, now don't stare at me like that, you should be happy I haven't lost my memory in actual."

Abhay turns to leave and Piya scared blurts out, "Sorryyy!!!! Please don't get upset with me"

Abhay turns around and starts laughing along with Misha and Piya joins him too.

Misha mischievously says, "So when is the wedding huh?"

Abhay looks at her shocked and Piya says, "On the same date as of yours!"

---------------------------------------------The End-------------------------------------------

I have a question for you people!! Let me see who answers it correctly?
Someone has helped me out with the operation part, guess who's way of writing it is?

So how was it lovelies? Here this story ends!! Thanks for encouraging me to continue writing this!! 🤗

Edited by drashtifan1 - 9 years ago
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
amazing update
so many twists and turns. loved abhay's proposal to pia
This content was originally posted by: MS-meghasharma

amazing update

so many twists and turns. loved abhay's proposal to pia