How can we stop Identity Theft?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Lately, I have been the victim of unknown charges on my accounts.  It is scary, but I can't stop living because freaks out there are charging unknown items.  The world is a scary place.   We can't pay our bills online because there are hackers out there.  How can we stop Identity Theft?  Should be an interesting debate.  ðŸ˜Š

Edited by ShantiAshtangi - 9 years ago
Originally posted by ShantiAshtangi

How can we stop Identity Theft?  Should be an interesting debate.  ðŸ˜Š 

Technically, I won't say it will be a debate but a general discussion.
But anyways, carry on.
I dont know MUCH about this issue but, seeing the way things are happening in the world, especially those concerning 'cyber' world... I am really going back to the 'old'.

I really have nothing online except this IF account and an official yahoo one. Somehow I am finding smartphones scary too... call me a cynic, I have gone back to using a basic model of cell phone with no internet/camera/etc in it. And, I dont think I'll ever do any transactions online, AT ALL... I'd rather go stand for hours in a que to pay my bills, but, I simply find the internet very insecure.

I always have an unkown fear when my father does transactions through internet. I cannot exactly explain the reason for this fear... anyways.

My feeling is that internet/opening accounts(of any sort) is a highly insecure indulgence.
There is a device which can copy all credit card details from an unopened handbag.

They then use the info to make purchases.

Best not to use or carry too many cards, so that we can monitor and control the expenditure.

There are also several cases of illegal withdrawals from our bank accounts through ATM machines. Better be on the watch out !

Edited by Summer3 - 9 years ago