Users

Frequent Posters

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Missesha

Thanks for the update Kikyo.

Haven't watched the epi but commenting on the basis of WU

I am happy and pleased that finally one urban girl, who completed her masters in the best environment possible is going to put her education to proper use.  Saanchi's fears about balancing between home and a proper career are valid. Lot of bahus go through that. So it would be nice to see how things turn out for her. I don't mind seeing her story and her rise & fall in balancing both. Through Suman, it would be nice to see how MILs can be supportive to career oriented bahus, who also have to report to other bosses, maintain time, efficiency and image in their offices.

I don't want to see Saanchi as a super woman here. Let her be a normal woman, who needs help of her hubby and family to support her in various activities of life.

I have been disappointed with Anandi's career which is more of a hobby and Ganga's career is just limited to her own hospital, where she doesn't have the fear to be sacked or performance managed. Neither will she get the opportunity to grow beyond what she is doing. She may one-day becaome a head nurse, but that would be it. Anandi and Ganga are working women but not career-oriented women. Gauri is a career-oriented woman but has a screwed up personal life. Saanchi at this point, has everything stable both personally and professionally.

I like the current JaGan - Lal Singh case. It is being handled well so far and this is real life scenario with doctors. Hope it ends with a nice message.

Wonder where Anandi is going to run away, but I hope this track moves now. It's got stuck. Still Shiv is told that it might just be stress. High time CVs make a progressive move. Let something strike to someone and realise that Anandi is not as well as she appears.  And take steps towards correcting A's situation.

I have no comments about Sanchi's story because haven't watched that portion

Coming to Ganga I think she has done well for herself in professional term even if it is a hospital run by her family.
As a nurse heading the nursing department is as high she can go. 
Way back when she was still doing her nursing course J planned to make her the administrator of the hospital a position which can be held by a non medical person too.Like taking care of purchases handling non medical staff etc.
It would be nice if she is shown that way.

As for Anandi I think she is going to put herself in a position where she might come to some harm and I think that is going to be the climax of this drama.
Don't know how long this unmasking of DB is going to take.

tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@jia thanx 4 the update.both scenes of JaGan & lal singh & last one r gud. jagya is handling it v.well & wish chetan's family hav 2 pay 4 the damage 2 hospi. an d i think ppl shud b made 2 pay in reality alos 4 behaving like this.
no comments on SSK. and thank god shiv talked wid that doc abt anandi.
pre-cap its really  sad & bit scary. i hope soon DB gets exposed & b thrown out (which luks not possible).
tellygeek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you Jia for the nice update.

Good back to back episodes, Shekhars supporting Anandi on Anoop's outburst was heartwarming.
Anandi - Amol scene was very good too, Anandi will draw strength from her son's protective love.

I also liked watching Jagya taking control of the violent situation at the hospital. Normally doctors won't touch the patient without family's consent, and its always the reverse, the desperate family waits for the doctor to arrive even in emergency cases.

I agree with you @Esha, it was nice to watch Sanchi yesterday, I liked how her MIL encouraged her, that's today's MIL 😊 ! Sanchi doing good for herself, she has got a very lucrative job offer. Looks like her story could turn much interesting and practical compared to the other leading  ladies.

Rain romance was sweet, but  I am just waiting for Anandi to fight back.

Edited by tellygeek - 9 years ago
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I find this Sanchi story very plastic and synthetic which is being shoved in.
Her redemption and her MIL's redemption both are very hollow.

CVs have proven that they don't handle redemptions well.

If Jagya's redemption was hampered by absence of Gauri his post redemption character is some what like what he used to before he went to Mumbai and got corrupted

Sanchi's was irriatating when she was bad and boring and times sickening with her goodness ðŸ¥±ðŸ¤¢
Same thing goes with her MIL.Don't know why they can't pack her off to some place instead and give that screen time and space to Gauri instead at least that character is believable when she was bad and she had her good points and what's more the actress playing Gauri is as good as Anjum had been

More interested in seeing stories of Anandi Gauri and Ganga rather than Sanchi's
tellygeek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I couldn't really appreciate the recent track on Gauri, it seemed like a filler.What was the purpose of that track?
But current Sanchi track does look interesting as it may covey a good message if well directed.. Even Anandi needs to come out of this kitchen politics and spread her wings else where.
SPuja thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Serials don't show redemption in proper way anyways. I will talk about J because the forum already labelled me as Jagya hater. But if we see DS - did she suffer for what she had done? For all the crimes she had done - she just had to see that the ladesar left home and the beendni they chose for someone of his own choice and later the family decided to choose the beendni over the ladesar. She just changed and tried to undo the mistakes she had done - like allowing Anandi to study, asking forgiveness from Sumitra and Gahna, and she did marriage of Anandi, Gahna's sister, Gulli, tried to save Ganga instead of going for the family heir route like before etc.  But how did she changed? Did she suffer or did she paid the price for the crimes she had done?  She is still selfish (as with Anandi etc.) and arrogant towards others - clearly visible in Gauri's track. 
  So, nothing new in Sanchi/Suman redemption. It is another matter that nobody likes Sanchi - neither as character nor the actor - so it is easy to criticise her. Otherwise, if someone says about wrongdoings of a character - people react strongly. 

As for myself - I have accepted that Sanchi is here to stay - we like it or not. But as Esha said - nothing wrong if creatives can show a somewhat real working woman (not superwoman) through Sanchi. Someone who needs help, someone who does mistakes and someone who is selfish sometimes. At present - Sanchi is none of these. The redeemed Sanchi is too unreal to be believable - what she has done so far in her sasural is too unrealistic and what she did in Saurabh track was uncalled for especially for an educated girl who had the support of her family and husband. Her desire to do household work full time instead of service is also regressive - they don't even have a large family. But at least Suman is doing something good. Only if creatives can show life of a working woman realistically - I am ready to bear with Sanchi (even otherwise, have to watch her if I watch the show) - may be I will also like the track if it is written logically. 

Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I have liked Saanchi's story in parts. Not everything about her story has been boring or irritating. So if this bit of Saanchi's story is well-directed, I am all up for it.

I have always wanted to see how a woman balances between demands at home and at work place, where in she has to report to a boss who is not her relative, where she has deadlines to meet, and where her professional image has to be maintained. Finally, I can see that through Saanchi's story. She is going to get a package worth 10 lacs. Sure her boss would be expecting a high level of commitment to her work place in terms of managing time and delivery. Will she be able to manage all?

I appreciate Ganga for where she has reached and the credit goes to her hard work. But at the end of the day she works for her husband. Her personal circumstances will always be understood at her work place.

Working women like Anandi and Ganga seem to manage everything well and precise, and that too without much support. Despite this they are never tired, fatigued, complaining or wish to have a break. They are always available to attend all social issues at home, and yet their work does not suffer.

No one can be this efficient and this perfect in real life. And no one can be super-women. Such examples form a good wave of story-telling, but it is not practical for anyone to be efficient everywhere. So if Saanchi's story is told practically, showing  challenges faced by career-oriented working women, I would watch it anyday over petty kitchen politics.

Edited by Missesha - 9 years ago
Missesha thumbnail

I also want to express why I have this high desire for BV to show normal working women who face challenges in balancing life, instead of showing super women.

The serials change mindset of many and that's I want BV to touch on this topic sensitively. This is because I have seen one bad example in real-life. This is about my friend, who is an MBA and was ambitious about having a strong career. She got married to the younger brother of two brothers who run a joint family business with their father. Her jethani (husband's bhabhi) is also an Engineer, but never expressed any desire to work when she first got married and later was contented in raising her two kids.  When my friend got married and expressed her desire to work, she was just not supported.

She was questioned as to why she needs to work when they have a good business, and do not lack finances. She said, it was to put her education to good use and make an identity apart from monetary gains. On that she was questioned, whether she thinks she is a know-it-all and her jethani is useless because she devotes her time to family

After too many comparisons and nagging, finally she was allowed to work, but on one condition: That she should not neglect any of household duties, and must bear the same share of workload or more as her jethani's, during the times she is at home. After all the jethani and saas has to put up with so much while she is enjoying away at work. This was the mentality.

As if this was not enough, whenever my friend missed something or made a mistake, she would get taunted over the fact that if she can't handle both then she should leave her job.  There was never a talk about supporting her.

And the worst was when her MIL commented after watching a TV show, that if these characters (pointing at lead heroine) can manage their lives so efficiently by doing so much for their sasural walas then why can't you?

And here I am talking about a well-placed, well-to-do, educated family.

Finally, after her first born my friend gave up her dreams. She is now a housewife and earns a lot of respect from her MIL and SIL now then she ever did.

The point is that when such TV shows make propaganda that a woman can handle everything, it raises expectations of those MILs who have never experienced what it takes to have a career. These MILs have a perceived reality, which is far-fetched from actual reality.

I always wanted to see Anandi in that theme, but no more hopes there. Atleast if something is shown through Saanchi, it would be appreciated.

In BV, Anandi, Ganga and Gehna, are all working but on their own accord. They do not have a boss, fear of competition, fear of being performance-managed. But Saanchi will have all that.
Missesha: I've seen just the opposite of what you described. In several instances, I've seen MILs and sasural wale pampering and mollycoddling DILs who work, even handing them tiffin boxes before they went out, whereas the housewife DIL was comparatively ignored or less respected. My friend, to cite an example, got married last year and is a housewife currently. She and her husband live seperately and visit the in-laws from time to time. On her visits, she's (in her own words) forced to put up with half the household work and a barrage of subtle putdowns, whereas another DIL, her devrani, who also lives away from them, reveives a far better treatment whenever she visits, with the MIL insisting on cooking for her and praising her non-stop. This woman, incidentally, is a doctor at a reputed hospital and hails from a less financially well-off family compared to my friend's.

This was just one instance. There are several others that I recorded, so I can optimistically assert that your cousin's was a rarer case.
Missesha thumbnail
@ Krystal, I have seen both cases.

Some working bahus are pampered to the core while some are always on check on how well they can manage household? Doesn't matter whether they can handle a corporate / professional life or not, but there should be no compromise on their skills to run household duties. It doesn't necessarily mean theny have to wash utensils or clothes and do labourious job at home, but the insistence is making sure that the kids, husband, guests, social life etc etc does not suffer at the cost of the bahu's jobs / profession. Some such families do not like if husbands work in kitchen or get their children ready etc. These are pereceived to be women-oriented jobs and there should no compromise or delegation of such duties just because the bahu has to go to work.

If a man comes home late due to a dead-line then that's fine, but if the same goes for a woman she is labelled as giving more priority to her work-life, or someone who likes to delegate her household duties to other women in the house who are housewives.

It depends on the family's menatality and priorities.

That is why my sole point is that serials should not show super-women. Because everyone needs support, particularly if the woman is working. Showing Annadi or Ganga managing everything  flawlessly on their own without any help is not practical.
Edited by Missesha - 9 years ago