Balika Vadhu Written Update 3rd September 2014 - Page 3

Posted: 9 years ago
Wonder in which IIM Sanchi did her MBA? 10 lakhs pa for a fresher who took a break after her MBA sounds really good! ðŸ¤“ I guess it's been quite some time since she completed her MBA ..she never worked before. 
MILs can be both ways. The nice ones support in both scenarios. The annoying ones trouble their DILs as long as they don't obey them. I am also looking forward to see Sanchi as a normal human. Fed up of seeing superwomen who can manage everything on earth with utmost patience plus who would never use anger as an emotion. 
Anandi and Ganga do get ample support from their respective families. Whenever Anandi is away, it must be Meenu and Ira who would be taking care of household and Amol though it has not been highlighted much, same is the case with Ganga as she also has toddlers to take care of.
Let's see how Sanchi track shapes up.

But why does Anandi have to ask forgiveness from Anoop, that too writing 100 times, that looked a little odd to me. In fact Anoop should say sorry to Shiv to have scolded his wife so badly in front of everyone. Shiv is one of those guys who wants to maintain peace with his family at any cost. What about his wife's humiliation at Anoop's hands ? Does that not bother him ? It seemed unreal.

Missesha: The question here is of priority. In almost all the mainstream societies of the planet, men and womens' priorities are pre-determined. The man can cook or serve tea sometimes if he so wishes on a whim, but he should not FOCUS on it. On the other hand, a woman might work, but her PRIMARY FOCUS should be family. This conditioning is nearly 3,000-year old and will take a lot of time to change inherently. We often fall trap to it despite ourselves, and there's not much that logic can do to alter inner conditioning of guilt and discomfort at altering long-standing norms.
Knowing BV creatives - perhaps the demand of a realistic working woman is too much. They will either show a superwoman - managing everything impeccably, doing no mistakes both at home front and work front, don't need any help from anyone and still be always fresh looking and willing to do all the work herself. Or if the woman is not positive character - then she will neglect household duties, ask her husband to share work and be mean to other family members. 
  So, we have seen Ganga (Anandi is not really working because she is not paid for her social work, she just do it for helping other people) - working in hospital, then managing household work and then even tel malish of DS - after all this - not even tired or irritated. And we have seen Gauri in Mumbai - sandwich, pizza et al. 

Real working woman is somewhere between them. She will need help in household work, she will be tired at the end of the day, she will feel even irritated for all the work sometimes and she has to compromise both at home front and work front. Like Ganga (working not under her husband or not family hospital) would not have allowed to go to hospital even before asthi visarjan of tauji - so what if there is an accident, so what if her duties are needed in hospital - she has to be there in home till the time of mourning is over. If this results in negative impression at workplace - it not family's concern. Similarly, there may be times when a working woman has to miss some important family function because there is important work in work place. All this will never be there in a serial. In BH, there are three very young children, both Ganga and Gahna working and even DS not doing any cooking or taking care of children - still everything is perfect. (I sometimes feel so jealous and sometimes feel very incapable when I see these women. For there were several occasions when I had to leave my child (when he was not well) in creche because I could not get the day off and felt guilty all day. And I have to give my presentation for an important meeting (that I prepared with such dedication) to a colleague just because there is some important occasion at home and I had to take leave even at the displeasure of my boss. My fellow working women sometimes do feel that they are not doing justice to both home and office responsibilities and many have even quit job because they cannot cope with the guilt feelings even though they did not have a bad mother-in-law).  

But I still wish they show a woman - who loves her work and even her family, tries to do as much as she can, still needs help in home and asks for it also, not always perfect in everything she does, has to face boss's ire for taking leave for something important at home, and also family's unhappiness over her going to office on any important occasion in family etc. 
Bang on post Puja.  Edited by Missesha - 9 years ago
Thanks for update Jia