ToniteWithHSY DT - Umer Sharif, Mehreen Syed HD link pg.1

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

A candid late night show hosted by the king of couture - HSY', where you can get an insight into the lives of A- list local & international celebrities from the world of fashion, entertainment and music! Get ready to witness a talk show like no other, where your favorite celebrities will be stumped for answers after the host's insightful & personal questions. 

Starting Saturday September 13th, 9pm on Hum Sitaray. 

Show will feature 3 different segments as well.

1) Love Em Hate Em' - Guests will be shown photographs of celebrities on, which they will share their comments, 
2) Ajnabi Kaun Ho Tum' - Guests receive anonymous phone calls from family, friends and colleagues for them to guess who it is.
3) Takra' - A friendly Q&A war between guests, with a view of making the show more entertaining, candid and spontaneous.

Episode 1: Fawad and Mahira Khan

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv-ngsnyLFg[/YOUTUBE]

Episode 2: Hamza Abbasi and Ayesha Khan

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkpbC_HJVUE&list=UUiq-aob7AFgZOjm4-S5jiew[/YOUTUBE]

Episode 3: Maria Wasti and Ayesha Omer

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Og4BjWtk4[/YOUTUBE]

Episode 4: Reema and Bilal Lashari

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S8EPkChPxo[/YOUTUBE]

Episode 5: Umer Sharif and Mehreen Syed

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFrCPLiegnw[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by BlackStar. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail

Confirmed Guest List:
So far..

Bilal Lashari with Reema Khan
Hamza Ali Abbasi with Ayesha Khan
Fawad Khan with Mahira Khan
Umer Shareef with Mehreen Syed
Shahzad Raza with Iman Ali
Meesha Shafi with Saba Hameed
Maria Wasti with Ayesha Omer
Saba Qamar with Adnan Siddiqui
Ahsan Khan with Mehwish Hayat
Javed Sheikh with Resham
BlackStar. thumbnail
Articles related to the show.

Celebrity getaway with HSY

Published: July 20, 2014

The crew and the director are not present on the sets while the conversation between the guest and the host, giving them leverage to be comfortable and speak candidly. PHOTO: FILE

LAHORE: 

Modern day Pakistani TV shows excluding drama series can be categorised into B-grade morning shows or overly dramatic political shows. It is very hard to find shows on local channels that are interesting, light and allow you to take a break from all the horrendous atrocities happening all over.  Across the globe, TV show hosts, such as Jay Leno, Karan Johar, Ellen Degeneres and Oprah Winfrey have all allowed their audiences to escape into their world and the world of their guests but we hardly ever see something like that on our local channels. However, now, designer and choreographer Hassan Shehryar Yasin is coming out with his very own talk show Tonite with HSY and we are all thrilled.

"I have been offered shows many times before but I never had the time," says HSY, "I love TV and everyone knows that I love talking, so it seemed like a great time to start this up."

Yasin runs a coveted fashion powerhouse, retaining major power and influence over the fashion industry. As promos for this upcoming show hit the network and social media, Yasin explains the concept behind the show as being one that will allow his guests to talk freely about whatever they please to discuss. "It is not a gossip show and neither will it solely revolve around fashion or film," he continues, "all the guests I'm calling in the show are people I know and they are comfortable with me, we have shot about five episodes already and honestly, it felt like two friends were talking," he adds.

Interestingly, the crew and the director are not present on the sets while the conversation between the guest and the host is taking place. While the cameras are rolling, the editing is taking place in another room, giving the host and the guests the leverage to be comfortable and speak candidly. "There is a lot of despair in our country and TV in Pakistan is a constant reminder of all the wrong things happening in the world. This is one way to get people to take a break from all that. It's literally like walking into my house and having a chat with me. The set is very interesting and looks just like my house; hence, it is an ideal place to have intimate conversations," he says.

Whenever anything new is about to start, a comparison with similar shows across the border is inevitable. For example, Mahira Khan's talk show The Lighter Side of Life with Tuc was a blatant copy of Koffee With Karan. "My vision is beyond Koffee With Karan. Tonite with HSY will neither be digging for gossip nor will it promote or project upcoming projects, it is a platform for the masses to get to know who our celebrities are and what they think about topics that do not necessarily pertain to their jobs. I guess the only thing that this show will have in common with Koffee with Karan will have to be that we both know our guests well and that is positive because you can ensure that your guests do not make up stuff for TV," says Yasin.

Inspired by Jay Leno, Chelsea Handler, Jimmy Fallon, the show does not have any set format. There is a game show segment, but sadly there isn't a rapid fire round or a crazy hamper to be won. "I have learnt a lot about my guests and it has been an eye opening experience so far," continues HSY, "some are more divaesque than one would think and others have turned out to be smarter than what I had expected. I had a great time talking to Bilal Lashari and there are some unusual pairings you can expect from this show."

Airing on Eid, the show will be seen at prime time on Sunday evenings. Let's buckle up and see what the designer has for us. 

Tonight with HSY 
 By Imaan Sheikh    

He is fashion's rock star, someone whose work has draped models and celebs across ramps and borders. Many of us social (media) animals may know Hassan Sheheryar Yasin as Twitter's King of Couture,' but now we'll be seeing another side of him as he hosts his all-new talk show, Tonight with HSY, which is all set to air around Eid time.

Don't expect formal - unless you're thinking clothes. HSY and his well-dressed friends will be seen having a good time chatting over a cup of tea over the course of one hour, once a week, during TV prime time. The show will have a laidback tone and single/multiple guests will be on it per episode.

Will it be a Pakistani version of Koffee With Karan? You might want to wait until you actually see the show. Hassan says that he loves what Karan does, but this is going to be his show. "It's rather typical of us to always compare things even if they're original," says HSY. "Besides, I'm a tea drinker. No coffee for me."

The good news is that you won't be hearing the words "rapid fire" on the show unless, heavens forbid, something on the set is aflame. The designer says he will scream if hears those words again.

Tonight with HSY will not serve as a medium to specifically promote the guests' new projects, films or clothing lines. According to Hassan, it will be about getting to know the persons behind the pretty faces you see on television, who are just as human as the rest of us.

"Shooting would normally go beyond scheduled hours because we'd just be laughing most of the time," told Hassan, who is currently wrapping up seven episodes with his team.

The show will set itself apart from other talk shows by being not formulaic in its choice of guests and (fortunately) not having political personalities on it. "So long as you're my friend you're going to be on the show. You don't even have to be too famous; just be interesting."

Talking to us about his method as a host, he said his shtick is to invite, say, two guests who don't personally know each on one show and seeing how their chemistry works as they open up. "You'll notice them slipping into their comfort zones as they go from calling me HSY to Hassan to Sheru as the show progresses. It's that very journey that'll make it entertaining."

Tonight With HSY will be a much needed dose of glamour on local television. The host tells us that the goal is to provide an hour of entertainment that will make viewers forget about the depressive fodder they see on the news every day. "We can always create an expansion of the world we live in," he said, "just like we do in fashion."

Having worked in the industry for two decades, HSY has naturally become a people's person, and we're hoping his friends will be as interesting as the he's made them sound. His star quality, dare we say, exceeds his own excellence as a designer, and we cannot wait to take in his contagious energy through our TV screens.

BlackStar. thumbnail
Behind the Scenes/Shooting Pictures

Bilal Lashari and Reema Khan:

Hamza Ali Abbasi and Ayesha Khan:

Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan:

Umer Shareef and Mehreen Syed:

Shahzad Raza and Iman Ali:

Meesha Shafi:

BlackStar. thumbnail
HSY Behind the Scenes/Promotional Posters

khisher thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ufff Khudaya!!!!!!!! Intehaaa nahi hai meri khushi kiii...kaash kaasshhh ke yeh din jldi beet jainnn...I can wait to see FM on tonight with HSY...I just hope they air the promos featuring guests soon...Bohat dekh lia HSY ko now it's FM time
I'm sooo sooo sooo ECSTATICC🥳🥳🥳🥳
minakrish thumbnail
Fawad Khan & Mahira Khan

Umer Shareiff with his wife!

I'm eagerly waiting for these 2 episodes!

minakrish thumbnail
I wish Sanam Saeed is a part of the extended list... 😳
BlackStar. thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mrinalini-

Fawad Khan & Mahira Khan

Umer Shareiff with his wife!

I'm eagerly waiting for these 2 episodes!

Mehreen Sayeed isn't Umer Shareiff's wife ðŸ˜† I accidently just wrote his name wrong. Mehreen's a model ðŸ˜Š
BlackStar. thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mrinalini-

I wish Sanam Saeed is a part of the extended list... 😳

There's been almost ten episodes shot so far from what I last read.. these aren't enough guests to cover those. There's a lot more people expected to come, so Sanam could be part of the.. fingers crossed.