Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: rohini55

I see that the forum has a lot of catching up to do. Surveys after surveys -- for reference see Outlook and India Today- have established that women are breaking sexual barriers and are becoming active participants. We may be too hidebound to believe this but the fact is social mores are changing.

What bothers me is the suggestion that the character of Anandi will be held to be superior only if she is passive/ inhibited with her husband. Anandi "will behave only like this in the bedroom" otherwise she will be seen to be degraded, is a regressive proposition. In fact people are hoping to see a more uninhibited A after this.

As for dance, please see Padma Subrahmanyam's luscious steps in bharatanatyam. In Odissi there is a lot of graceful hip swaying. Lavni is of course totally suggestive.

If dance/ art forms are not allowed flexibility and fluidity they would become PT. what about nude paintings?

I think it is jumping to conclusions. Anandi's natural behaviour is different. Thats the point. If her natural behaviour is aggressive, I dont have problems. It is part of her personality and it is not at all regressive. They are using drug behaviour to show anandi in a different light.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
We have Kamsutra and Khajuraho to show that Indians dont lag behind in sexual freedom and different types of sexual behaviour.

The surveys are not showing anything new.

It is psychological barriers. Aggressive persons are aggressive and passive persons are passive.
Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Anandi's natural behaviour is to put her tasks or family's wishes over her own desires. She never wants to go for any kind of fun or enjoyment that is going to put her routine chores behind.

But in the drugged state, she wants to pick on the first thing that comes to her mind. Be it movies or pizza or advising Gauri or feeling like teasing Shiv. But her inherent nature is not agressive, that's why whatever she does, it only shows she is high and enjoying the moment without worrying about what next.
Edited by Missesha - 9 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail
So do we want her to be permanently under drugs?

If it is a temporary phase, then it will be like Anandi is not enjoying life.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
It would have been nice if they showed real personality change in anandi after marriage to shiv.

Anandi is the type of person who finds pleasure in seeing people happy.

She may feel like going for a movie or eat a pizza. Who is preventing her from doing so? She is in a modern family. Sanchi taught her driving. Shiv gives her full freedom. They even wanted her to wear different way. They even asked her to remove that pallu.
Edited by leavesandwaves - 9 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail
I am repeating the question.

If it is a temporary phase, then it will be like Anandi is not enjoying life to the fullest?

Is DB be given a medal for this?
Missesha thumbnail
Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

If it is a temporary phase, then it will be like Anandi is not enjoying life.

well, she is conditioned to find happiness in fulfilling her beendni duties or to live for others. Her priority is to do tasks that are value adding over those that may be perceived as time wasting or bending of rules. 
Therefore, in her sane mode, Anandi is not unhappy. Because her heart and mind are in control and she achieves a sense of satisfaction by completing her duties.

In her insane mode, she lives in that moment and gives priority to anything that comes to her mind at that point. But later she regrets having behaved that way, because that kind of behaviour doesn't fit into her natural conditioning of perceived right over wrong.
Missesha thumbnail

It would have been nice if they showed real personality change in anandi after marriage to shiv.

Yes, I have so much wished for it. But I guess that's not gonna happen. 
Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Inherent qualities won't change ,may be a slight behavioral change ,because every girl  will change one way or the other after marriage , because ,it is not a simple change , physical  ,psychological , cultural ,behavioral ,and many more aspects involved here !
TM , why this hungama on Anandi's rain dance ,it is simple ,if she did it in her bedroom or under shower with him in intimacy ..we can call it romantic , if it will be a public display ,and that public includes DB  we have to call it strange ,out of character . 
 Certain characters have certain qualities and it will be difficult to agree An so loosen up even under drugs effect .looks odd to me too .
Edited by Avyakta - 9 years ago
Awfulggt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I am repeating the question.

If it is a temporary phase, then it will be like Anandi is not enjoying life to the fullest?

Is DB be given a medal for this?

NO! I wish she does all these without taking drugs😆😆. Drugs are harmful for her health you know.