Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutecj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
To this new Qn I think that it's based on the fact that Voldy simple doesn't give importance to things like love, trust, friendship etc.
He thinks such things are for the weak for he believes in the ones who have power and those who don't(recalling his small 'chat' with Harry in the dungeons)
Hence he just simply wants info and keeps the keen ones close to him. Coz if he cared for trust he would be going off killing the former death eaters who didn't return to him like Igor.
That's what I think.
Cutecj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Where are the others???
Plz contribute in solving or posting qns... Plz plz plz
Originally posted by: Cutecj

To this new Qn I think that it's based on the fact that Voldy simple doesn't give importance to things like love, trust, friendship etc.

Yes, the above mentioned has been my defense too regarding the doubt i myself raised.. but the thing is, Voldy may not pay heed to things like love,trust,friendship but he does care about his death eater's servitude & loyalty ( a trait which has been highlighted many times throughout the series)..so my point was, he may not "trust" or "care" about Snape ( God, that is highly unlikely for many many reasons) but he does care about his servant's loyalty..and so, I was a little doubtful about how Voldy didnt even think twice about the fact that Dumbly personally vouched for Snape..Voldy may have referred to Dumbly as "the old fool" but deep down he was always scared/cautious about Dumbly right from his Hogwarts days for obvious reasons- Voldy was never able to charm or even exert brutal force on Dumbly like he easily did with others..so i just feel that someone like Voldy would have paid a little bit more attention to Dumbly-Snape relationship , not out of love. trust, friendship..etc but out of pure suspicions.. 

He thinks such things are for the weak for he believes in the ones who have power and those who don't(recalling his small 'chat' with Harry in the dungeons)

That's True..

Hence he just simply wants info and keeps the keen ones close to him. Coz if he cared for trust he would be going off killing the former death eaters who didn't return to him like Igor.

Errrmm.. " When Voldemort returned, Karkaroff fled. For his treachery, Karkaroff was hunted down and killed by his former comrades in 1996."

That's what I think.

I have one more to add - about the infamous mind connection between Harry & Voldy..
Its true that JKR dedicated the entire fifth book in the series to clear out any doubts regarding this phenomenon, i still have one irrespective of it πŸ˜†  ..

During Deathly Hallows i found it a bit comical that Harry repeatedly used this connection to his advantage but Voldy was soo scared of this connection that he did not even attempt to use it while he ( his death eaters actually) was searching for the trio all over the place desperately..this doubt too can be put to rest by a simple fact illustrated in OoTP - Voldy would never even dare to enter Harry's mind let alone possess it since it would be too painful for him .. now we can use that excuse to justify Voldy's lack of intrest in using the mind connection to locate Harry, i suppose "Bullies are Cowards afterall" πŸ˜†.. however, isnt it odd that a person who ripped apart his own soul into 7 pieces & went through/faced excrutiating physical & mental agony in the process & bounced back due to his sheer evil determination, would be too scared to use this infamous mind connection to his advantage?..
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
As this really interesting topic,I askd mod to mke it stickyπŸ˜‰

Akash,don't edit the first post now, It wont be sticky thread once u edit first post
Almas. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Quixotic5

I have one more to add - about the infamous mind connection between Harry & Voldy..

Its true that JKR dedicated the entire fifth book in the series to clear out any doubts regarding this phenomenon, i still have one irrespective of it πŸ˜†  ..

During Deathly Hallows i found it a bit comical that Harry repeatedly used this connection to his advantage but Voldy was soo scared of this connection that he did not even attempt to use it while he ( his death eaters actually) was searching for the trio all over the place desperately..this doubt too can be put to rest by a simple fact illustrated in OoTP - Voldy would never even dare to enter Harry's mind let alone possess it since it would be too painful for him .. now we can use that excuse to justify Voldy's lack of intrest in using the mind connection to locate Harry, i suppose "Bullies are Cowards afterall" πŸ˜†.. however, isnt it odd that a person who ripped apart his own soul into 7 pieces & went through/faced excrutiating physical & mental agony in the process & bounced back due to his sheer evil determination, would be too scared to use this infamous mind connection to his advantage?..

This one is d best so far🀣
Originally posted by: iluvOriginals

As this really interesting topic,I askd mod to mke it stickyπŸ˜‰

Akash,don't edit the first post now, It wont be sticky thread once u edit first post

Woah.. Thanks Almas !.. I didnt even think of it, honestly, after logging in here when i couldnt see this thread in normal topic posts, i thought it might have been thrashed or removed or something & then i finally noticed the 'sticky' topic & there it was ! ⭐️.. so out of curiosity though, which mod are we supposed to PM for stuff like this ?.. as far as i know this forum doesnt have a DT team as such ( if it did , i would have been banned long ago..πŸ˜› πŸ˜† ), so are we supposed to PM Global Mod for this ?.. 'Aahanaa' , I think.. its just that i wanted Lumos's  HP Classroom thread to be a sticky too.. 

I have three more to add now .. πŸ˜ƒ

1. " Harry- The unintended Horcrux" - i need some insights on this one from my fellow potterheads because I totally dont get what happened there & how it ended..πŸ˜•.. so as it happens , Voldy split his soul into 7 pieces & voldy wanted it to be the magical number 7 , and there were seven horcuxes including Harry.. so my first question here is - was Voldy aware that Harry too was his horcux ?.. it is highly unlikely as it has been brought up several times in the book that Voldy had no idea about it, if he did, he would have probably kept Harry locked up in an enchanted cage forever instead of killing him 🀒..so if Voldy wasnt aware that Harry was a horcrux, why did he stop with Nagini?.. bcoz for him , Nagini would be only 6th horcrux, right? & he wanted it to be 7..so i was half expecting him to create 8 horcruxes instead of 7 due to miscalculation..hmm.. may be he couldnt find time in the midst of all that was going on..πŸ€”...

2." Harry- The unintended Horcrux"- My second question regarding this is, how come Harry returned from the afterlife  ?.. I think i remember Hermoine describing horcruxes ( correct me if i am wrong) as something that is exactly opposite to the concept of "Human body & Soul".. a human body (container of soul) is mortal whereas the soul is immortal but in the case of horcrux , this law is entirely reversed, the part of the soul contained in the Horcrux is only as mortal or immortal as the horcrux container it self, meaning, if one destroys the horcrux container one destroys the part of the soul hidden in it & that is why , it is extremely difficult to destroy a Horcrux bcoz the soul hidden inside it is only as strong as the container as opposed to Human body which is very easy to destroy but the soul inside remains unharmed.. so now what i want to know is , how come Harry's body ( the container or Horcrux) was able to survive when the part of Voldy's soul hidden inside it was destroyed ?.. Harry's body defied all logic that was applicable to all other 6 horcruxes ( including Nagini, a living being like Harry ).. going by horcrux logic, if Harry's body remained unharmed , it means the part of Voldy's soul hidden inside it too remained unharmed, but what happened in the book was exact opposite without a supporting logic whatsoever...one possible explanation here could be that Voldy's Soul inside Harry's body was destroyed using "Avada Kadavra" curse which keeps the body intact as opposed to other horcruxes which were killed using the only known weapons to kill horcruxes..Nagini was the only other horcrux apart from Harry who was a being, all others were objects, so we would have got a better insight into this phenomenon if Nagini too was killed using the death curse instead of getting her head sliced off..🀒..πŸ˜†..and yes, it seems that horcruxes inside a living container can be destroyed with Avada Kadavra, no need of Basilisk Venom here.. but even so, purely going by horcrux logic as explained above, it seems illogical that Harry should be able return from afterlife unharmed..  ur thoughts?.. 

3. " Felix Felicis "-  Commonly known as Liquid Luck- Now there you have it !..A Perfect solution to ALL the problems !!.. and yet practically absent when needed the most without any proper explanation.. JKR admitted the loophole created by Time Turners but somehow that has not been the case with liquid luck..why?.. JKR did put forth the side effects of this potion -  "It is meant to be used sparingly, however, as it causes giddiness, recklessness, and dangerous overconfidence if taken in excess. Felix is highly toxic in large quantities and is also a banned substance in all organised competitions, such as Quidditch, along with all other methods of cheating. It is very difficult to make, disastrous if made wrong, and requires six months to stew before it is ready to be consumed. "..but even so, it doesnt seem like it could be that dangerous if proper precautions were to be taken.. sometimes i think, why couldnt Dumbledore leave behind huge stack of Felix Felicis with proper instructions instead of those useless, unnecessary puzzles for the leading trio..πŸ˜† ..our heroes could have used a wee bit of luck for completing the mission left behind by Dumbly !..⭐️...Alas, that wasnt the case & no explanations either !.
Almas. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Quixotic5

Woah.. Thanks Almas !.. I didnt even think of it, honestly, after logging in here when i couldnt see this thread in normal topic posts, i thought it might have been thrashed or removed or something & then i finally noticed the 'sticky' topic & there it was ! ⭐️.. so out of curiosity though, which mod are we supposed to PM for stuff like this ?.. as far as i know this forum doesnt have a DT team as such ( if it did , i would have been banned long ago..πŸ˜› πŸ˜† ), so are we supposed to PM Global Mod for this ?.. 'Aahanaa' , I think.. its just that i wanted Lumos's  HP Classroom thread to be a sticky too.. 

Ah plz mention not..
Yes I PMd Ahanaa.. 

Lumos's thread.. u want me to PM her or u'll do it??
Originally posted by: iluvOriginals

Ah plz mention not..
Yes I PMd Ahanaa.. 

Lumos's thread.. u want me to PM her or u'll do it??

Yes please..😳 πŸ˜†
Edited by Quixotic5 - 9 years ago