Originally posted by: iluvOriginals

^LMAO!! Akash u r insane๐Ÿคฃ

But it really is a genuine doubt.. 
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Ok I have more Decent doubt which we can discuss.๐Ÿ˜†
Mrs.Figg n Harry

First book we get to know that how harry was sent to mrs.figg wenevr Dursleys were going out.. and Harry hated her cabbage smelling house.
And never enjoyed his time at her place..

Cut to book 5

We r hit with Mrs.Figg being a Squib n was actu keeping eye on Harry on Dumbly'S order.
 And she tells her Harry that Dursleys wudnt hv let Harry stay at her place if they knew he enjoyed der.. ,

Yeah like Dursleys were watchng them peeping thru window!
I mean no need mention 'magic world' but atleast she cud hv bn nice to him.. n they cud keep it a secret from Dursleys.. 

Instead she made A single indepndent day of Harry even more miserable!!

This is not much but the way it was shown how miserable life harry Led for 11years.. a nice cordial relationship wid Mrs.Figg wud hv meant a lot to harry..

I think JKR didnt think much about this and Mrs,Figg being squib n stuff was jus planted 'at the moment'

Ok I have more Decent doubt which we can discuss.๐Ÿ˜† ...Okies ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†

Mrs.Figg n Harry

First book we get to know that how harry was sent to mrs.figg wenevr Dursleys were going out.. and Harry hated her cabbage smelling house.
And never enjoyed his time at her place..

Cut to book 5

We r hit with Mrs.Figg being a Squib n was actu keeping eye on Harry on Dumbly'S order.
 And she tells her Harry that Dursleys wudnt hv let Harry stay at her place if they knew he enjoyed der.. ,

Yeah like Dursleys were watchng them peeping thru window!
I mean no need mention 'magic world' but atleast she cud hv bn nice to him.. n they cud keep it a secret from Dursleys.. 

Instead she made A single indepndent day of Harry even more miserable!!

This is not much but the way it was shown how miserable life harry Led for 11years.. a nice cordial relationship wid Mrs.Figg wud hv meant a lot to harry..

I think JKR didnt think much about this and Mrs,Figg being squib n stuff was jus planted 'at the moment'

@ Bold.. its very much possible ! 

As for the rest the doubt, i do have a minor clarification to add :

Yes, it seemed a little harsh that Harry was subjected to all of that just so that Mrs. Figg's cover doesnt blow up , but lets not forget we are yet again talking about the mastermind Dumbledore here.. the man who sees or cares about nothing beyond "the greater good"..okay, i admit that was a really strong statement but thats my impression about our beloved Dumbly.. i mean, he made Snape a murderer/ traitor for this greater good.. he raised Harry like "pig for meat" for the greater good..the man is virtually incapable of seeing anything beyond it..

Now, lets talk about OoTP.. this book in my opinion was by far the most emotionally challenging for Harry..from the begining itself Harry's frustration with Dumbledore was revealed..do u remember how Dumbly completely ignored the frustrated Harry the whole year just because he didnt want to risk Voldy even getting a glimpse of Dumbly-Harry relationship ?.. i mean the man can be as brutal as he is good for the 'greater good".. do you remember how at the end of OoTP Dumbly revealed one by one how he couldnt reveal everything to Harry bcoz he thought Harry wasnt old enough to deal with the crystal clear truth ?..so one thing that is absolutely clear to me is Dumbly didnt take chances as far as 'the greater good ' is concerned & we, as readers might forget that our Hero was a young boy prone to commit mistakes but Dumbly did not ( atleast in OoTP Dumbly went on & on about Harry's young age but somehow Dumbly forgot this very fact while leaving those USELESS puzzles to the three teenagers in his Will after death ๐Ÿ˜ก)...so yes, my justification regarding this particular doubt is that, yes it was very harsh & somewhat cruel on the part of Dumbly that he did not allow Mrs Figg to be nice to Harry , however , lets not forget that if Dumbly  had to choose between Harry's comfort & his security measures , Dumbly would definitely give priority to Harry's security..moreover, we are talking about the time when Harry was just a kid ( below 11 yrs old ) bcoz that is when the Dursleys used to leave him with Mrs.Figg , so can we expect a little boy to hide his excitement or fake frustration whenever the Dursleys left him with Mrs Figg if she had been nice to the little boy ?..  all in all, i think its very much like Dumbly to do something like that..
QuietlyLoud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
@ Akash why on the earth you care about how Hagrid was conceived?๐Ÿ˜•
What ever his parents did,they did the right thing for he is such a good fellow.Is n't that good enough for you?
@ Almas I have a feeling that she acted aloof on Dumbledore's orders๐Ÿ˜†That man can be really thick sometimes.lol !! I think JKR was determined to make Harry's childhood as miserable as possible so when a half-giant comes comes crashing down the front door ,he would in a likely state to accept his offer and run away to another world he had not heard yet!
Originally posted by: QuietlyLoud

@ Akash why on the earth you care about how Hagrid was conceived?๐Ÿ˜•

What ever his parents did,they did the right thing for he is such a good fellow.Is n't that good enough for you?
@ Almas I have a feeling that she acted aloof on Dumbledore's orders๐Ÿ˜†That man can be really thick sometimes.lol !! I think JKR was determined to make Harry's childhood as miserable as possible so when a half-giant comes comes crashing down the front door ,he would in a likely state to accept his offer and run away to another world he had not heard yet!

First of all, welcome to this thread..glad to have another active member gracing this thread..and do participate in the discussion..there is a LOT yet pending to discuss, especially my doubt regarding Horcruxes , nothing has been discussed about it so far, would like to know ur take on this perticular doubt..direct link to the post : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/113183237

@ Bold.. Anjali, it is the impossibility of such an event that bothered me.. and yes I do like Hagrid but why on Earth should that be "enough" ?.. going by that logic, the very existence of this thread can be questioned..after all, we are all potterheads here..we all LOVE the HP Series , so isnt that good enough for us?.. why even make this thread in the first place ?.. right ?.. but thats not what we are doing here, this place is meant for discussing any doubts that a potential 'thinking reader" might have had while reading the books..but if this perticular doubt is a bit outrageous to discuss then fine we ll just brush it under the carpet & move on to discussing other doubts that have been posted by me but yet to be discussed..๐Ÿ˜Š
QuietlyLoud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
^Alright then,  let's discuss about the horcruxes.๐Ÿ˜Š
You got it a bit wrong there regarding horcruxes. You forgot to count the part of the soul that was inside Voldemort's body.The term horcrux is used for the bits of soul placed inside other inanimate things/beings and not for the part of soul inside the maker's body.Harry was the horcrux Voldemort never intended to make and he was completely unaware of till his death .Like you said he wanted to split his soul into 7 parts and he had already made 5 horcruxes before hunting down the Potters.So by then he had 5 horcruxes and his soul was split into 6 pieces including the one inside his body.When he tried to kill Harry,he became the 6th horcrux and that made his soul 7 parts, a feat he had wish to achieve. But he was unaware of this so he made Nagini which was his 7th horcrux and his soul split into 8 parts(which he thought was the 7th part).Sometimes it is mentioned that Harry was the 7th horcrux instead of Nagini and but that's not in the order in which they were created but in the order in which they were revealed. 

Almas. thumbnail
Akash u r saying Harry wudnt hv bn abe to pretend or fake..
Cmon,. Dursleys were idiots he knew that.. Harry did know how to play wid dursleys..

Book1

They don't know we're not allowed to use magic at home. I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer

Book3

Godfather?" sputtered Uncle Vernon. "You haven't got a godfather!"       "Yes, I have," said Harry brightly. "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though... keep up with my news... check if I'm happy..."       And, grinning broadly at the look of horror on Uncle Vernon's face, Harry set off toward the station exit, Hedwig rattling along in front of him, for what looked like a much better summer than the last
Almas. thumbnail
Thumbs up to ur horcrux point and ur sig anjali๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Akash u r saying Harry wudnt hv bn abe to pretend or fake..

Cmon,. Dursleys were idiots he knew that.. Harry did know how to play wid dursleys..

Book1

They don't know we're not allowed to use magic at home. I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer

Book3

Godfather?" sputtered Uncle Vernon. "You haven't got a godfather!"       "Yes, I have," said Harry brightly. "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though... keep up with my news... check if I'm happy..."       And, grinning broadly at the look of horror on Uncle Vernon's face, Harry set off toward the station exit, Hedwig rattling along in front of him, for what looked like a much better summer than the last

Almas, thats a good point.. however, i think it is yet again important to point out that , we "the readers" ofcourse think that Harry would have been able to handle this situation since we have seen & understood , how much Harry was aware of the Dursley's Mentality..Harry did have a deep understanding about the Dursley's psychology & he played accordingly on several occasions..and we know this very well bcoz we "the readers" were given a detailed insight into Harry's thought process & day to day life with the Dursleys..and so we do indeed believe that Harry would have been able to manage it quite well on his own..however, the same cannot be said about Dumbledore, now, can it ?..in my previous post, i have mentioned several instances to support my claim that as far as "the greater good" is concerned, Dumbledore does not take any chances..and so he did not allow Mrs Figg to be nice to Harry..plus, i also mentioned about how Dumbly went on & on about Harry's young age to justify hiding truth from him, so that way, it is clear to me that we as readers might believe that Harry could have handled the situation very well but Dumbledore may not agree.. 
Originally posted by: QuietlyLoud

^Alright then,  let's discuss about the horcruxes.๐Ÿ˜Š

You got it a bit wrong there regarding horcruxes. You forgot to count the part of the soul that was inside Voldemort's body.The term horcrux is used for the bits of soul placed inside other inanimate things/beings and not for the part of soul inside the maker's body.Harry was the horcrux Voldemort never intended to make and he was completely unaware of till his death .Like you said he wanted to split his soul into 7 parts and he had already made 5 horcruxes before hunting down the Potters.So by then he had 5 horcruxes and his soul was split into 6 pieces including the one inside his body.When he tried to kill Harry,he became the 6th horcrux and that made his soul 7 parts, a feat he had wish to achieve. But he was unaware of this so he made Nagini which was his 7th horcrux and his soul split into 8 parts(which he thought was the 7th part).Sometimes it is mentioned that Harry was the 7th horcrux instead of Nagini and but that's not in the order in which they were created but in the order in which they were revealed. 

Good point Anjali !

So according to you, Voldy's ambition was to "split his soul into seven pieces" & not to "make seven horcruxes "..right ?.. hmm.. i never got that impression while reading the books... its been a while since i read the books..so in order to present a counter argument ( if any at all) i ll have to read the conversation between Slughorn & Tom Riddle once again & will get back on this one..

Anyways, that was about my first doubt regarding the horcruxes, there is still the second doubt pending..about how come Harry returned from the afterlife after the part of Voldy's soul inside him was destroyed ?