today's vs yesterday's gen

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago

Call someone far away -
Yesterday's gen:  Beta, please call Nani in India using the low cost service. I want to talk to her.
Today's gen:  Dad, use Skype instead from my mobile.

Watching news -
Yesterday's gen: Beti, did you see the news today?  There were some power outages in India.  They did not tell in detail. Did you see the news?
Today's gen: Pappa, I read and saw videos this morning before leaving for school.  It was not in our area in India.  I got SMS just now that power has been restored.  See this video of the power coming back online.

Marriage -
Yesterday's gen:  Beta, I will put newspaper ad for your marriage. Ok?
Today's gen: Dad, I have met someone online that I want to marry.  We have been video chatting and SMS back & forth for a few months now. She is in California.

Yesterday's gen: What??
What is her name? Did you meet her in person? What about her family? How are they? 
Today's gen:  Dad, her name is Soniya. I don't need to meet her in person until our marriage. I video chat with her daily. We love each other.  I video chatted with her family and they are very nice. 

Books to read -
Yesterday's gen: Beta, can you drop me off at the library?  I want to read some books.
Today's gen:  Dad, I will setup online books on your mobile phone. You can read as many as you want.

Mail a birthday card -
Yesterday's gen:  Beti, can you mail this birthday card for me?  It's for Nani's birthday.  I hope it reaches in time.
Today's gen:  Pappa, I will send a birthday ecard instead.  She can have Bholu read it through her mobile phone right away. No waiting 10 days.

Photo album -
Yesterday's gen: Beti, I put some recent photos in our photo albums. Do you want to see?
Today's gen: Pappa, see these photos in my photo albums on my mobile phone - I have so many that you have not seen.

Soon, young children from today's generation will not know what a typewriter, a corded phone, a phone booth, etc are. 😳

Technology is changing the world.

Cute post Hina.Really the generation had changed and so their priorities are changed
Fabulous post Hina.

Yesterday's generation was very much tangible and identifiable.. today's generation is literally in clouds!😳
Nice post Hina 👏 How very true. The today's generation is so changed, even my parents tell me the things i do not know. And i'm fully confidant that the next generation will never come to know about the life and the world it was yesterday or it is today. 
The changing world is technology efficient. The yesterday generation used to remove their hats and would stand up to give respect.. whereas the new generation removes the headphones and say " Hey you, would like to join me? " 😳😃

More then technology, present generation has enough money...I don't think they know constraints on spending as last generation...

Fabulous post Hina.👏 👏
Very True !!