Dill Mill Gaye

AR OS: ..::The Proposal::..

.LilGreenRobot. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Hey everyone,

Some of you might know me. Probably just a handful. For those who don't know me; I'm Anita but mostly known as Annie or Mishti. I've been writing for just over a year so my work isn't topnotch yet πŸ˜† This OS was written in about an hour and no proof reading was done so excuse any grammatical errors 😳

-------------------------------------------------

"They'll be getting back from the honeymoon on Friday so be sure to keep this weekend open in case she wants to catch up with us. Make sure to bring your cheerful face because she'll definitely bombard us with pictures."

Closing my eyes, I tried to lavish my cappuccino and avoid the look I knew was levelled at me. After a while, I tried taking a peak at Anjali who was still looking at me.

"I know how to be polite. I'm not going to say anything to ruin her newlywed glow."

A few weeks earlier, our good friend Sapna had tied the knot and she had done so in style. Rented out a lovely country manor. Pews were set up in an orchard on the property, cloth streamers tied in trees. Wildflower bouquets were tied to the pews down the aisle where she practically skipped down in her gorgeous red and gold designer lehenga. Later there were drinks, food, dancing, laughter and... questions.

My favourite kind of questions.

"You and Armaan have been together longer than Sapna and Amit right?"

"So when are you and Armaan getting married?"

"I guess you and Armaan are next right?"

It's not that we're not planning on getting married, we are. We just haven't gotten that far yet. Not for lack of hints though. Every time a friend gets married it gets harder to look on and tell myself to be happy for them. I am happy but there's more than a bit of jealousy that another person gets married while I wait. It feels ridiculous though and each time I remind myself it's not a race. It'll happen when it's the right time for us. This barely keeps me from socking people right on the nose when they look all snooty asking about when we're finally going to get around to the altar.

"Ridz? Earth to Ridz? Are you even listening to me? I swear you're such a daydreamer."

"I'm listening. Be nice, don't turn into a green eyed monster, blah blah blah. I've got to get to work. Is there anything else you want to tell me?"

Anjali's giving me another look. Tough luck. I've got work in half an hour and I'll be lucky if I get there on time. Only the promise of sweet caffeine on her dime got me there in the first place.

"See you this weekend okay? I'll be pulling a long shift tonight so I'll talk to you then."

"You know Armaan loves you right? He just insists on everything being perfect. Well, perfect for you. I mean, you're a weird one. What would go for normal girls goes south with you. He'll ask when he's got the perfectly weird but right for Riddhima proposal set up."

That makes me laugh and give her a hug as I go out to my car. She does have a point. The guy has my number. From hiding my birthday present in the fridge then asking for a cold drink to surprising me with a new laptop claiming it was a new set of cleaning supplies for the bathroom. He had skills.

If I was him how would I go about a proposal? At about the eighth scenario I dream up I realize what his problem might be. I knew he wanted to propose. I was looking for it. How the hell could he surprise me if I knew it was coming? Well, maybe I need to talk to him about this as soon as I get home.

Later that night I get home to find Armaan sitting in my spot on the couch, rather than his recliner. Suspicious but I'm more focused on how to talk to him about how I'll try to stop obsessing about proposals.

He looks up and says "I dropped the remote somewhere behind the couch, can you help me find it?"

Frankly, this is rather distressing. I'm not getting up and walking to the TV everytime I want to switch the channels. I start climbing around the couch looking for the remote. He turns on the flashlight on his phone to help light up the corners of the room to help. After a bit of unsuccessful searching, I look at him.

"You're not just trying to ogle my butt here, are you?"

Shaking his head, he tells me "I think I see something over there" pointing to the side of the couch.

Peeking over the armrest, I see a small white box I've never seen before. I know all the boxes in the apartment. An odd thing to think, but I do know all the boxes in the apartment. I unpacked each and every one of them because Armaan has this weird thing about not throwing a box he could need later.

"I don't know this box."

"Pick it up and open it."

Picking it up, I sit back down and open the box to see a blue ring box. This could have been the moment where it all clicked in my head, but it didn't. What can I say? After a long 9 hour shift I'm just not that sharp. Opening the box, I look at the beautiful sparkle lit up like a tiny sun by the light from his phone. It still doesn't click what's going on until he says those words.

"Will you marry me?"

It finally sinks in and Niagara Falls. Never thought I'd be weepy but yup. Niagara Falls.

"It's beautiful!"

Delicate eternity symbols on the sides holding a pink heart shaped diamond wearing a crown. I vaguely hear him explaining the symbolism, something about it meaning eternal love and devotion. The thoughtfulness behind it floors me and I feel tears leaking down my cheeks again.

There is still one important question I have to have answered before I say yes.

"The remote isn't really lost is it?"

-------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed reading the OS ..

Don't forget to hit the like button 😳

Comments & criticism are all welcome πŸ˜ƒ

Love,

Annie x

Edited by .LilGreenRobot. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minakrish thumbnail
Awww! 😳 This was truly such an adorable OS! πŸ˜† 

Anjali is so interested in Armaan and Riddhima's wedding! πŸ˜† Just coz Amit and Sapna got married early doesn't mean sabki shaadi karate firo! 🀣 

Armaan will definitely propose marriage but at the right moment and at the right time! πŸ˜‰

"He'll ask when he's got the perfectly weird but right for Riddhima proposal set up."

That was very well phrased! 🀣 Kudos! πŸ‘ 

OMG! That proposal was totally weird but indeed extremely adorable and so full of love! ❀️ And hahaha... Riddhima's reply totally cracked me up! 🀣 

A PERFECT ENDING TO A PERFECT OS! β­οΈ

This is truly one of the cutest OS ever Baiko. Thank you for writing this! πŸ€—

I love you sooo much! ❀️ πŸ€—

~ Mrina <3
Edited by -Mrinalini- - 9 years ago
-Anitha- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful os anii😳
Loved reading it...
nilusoni thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Very nice os
thanx for pm
minakrish thumbnail
Why are people so kanjoos in dropping a comment?
abditory. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hello Mishi dear!
This was one of the cutest AR OS ever. Perfectly cute and it just shouts Armaan-Riddhima. I think the weird sense was the most adorable thing. Birthday gift in a fridge?! Thats something creative πŸ˜† and the proposal OMG SO DAMN CUTEEE!! Armaan waiting for the right time to come up with something peculiar awww<3 so dreamy πŸ˜³

And oh you are an amazing writer and this is amazing creativity. Write more .

Adios!!
Edited by exhalelove. - 9 years ago
Annie_AsYa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Mine Mine Mine πŸ˜ƒ

----------------------------

Oohh lala ...

Okay for starters .. I haven't watched the whole of DMG yet 😭 but I still know what's cutting πŸ˜‰

Anyways ... back to this Wonderful and Amazingly written OS by Mishti πŸ˜ƒ

This OS was amazing and to be honest, it was the first ever OS or piece that I have read on AR 😳

I really loved this πŸ‘

-----------------------

The way Anjali gives Riddhima the looks .,, (I can totally imagine that ) πŸ˜†

And the PROPOSAL 😲 ... That was a very Classy type of a proposal πŸ˜› ...
I like itt πŸ‘πŸΌ

Loved the ending to this OS ... The Question πŸ˜†
What a lovely ending πŸ˜‰

----------------------------
A beautifully written OS by a beautiful person Anita or shall I say Annie (Mishti) ❀️

Keep writing ... and to be honest ... I don't ever think there will be room for criticism ... Your work is just Exceptional πŸ‘

Love You ❀️

-Anni-Edited by Annie_AsYa - 9 years ago
ChamakChallo91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Really sweet and cute OS :)
Loved the way Armaan proposed!
Absolutely, enjoyed your writing on AR!! 

Have you watched DMG? Season 1 is my fav drama!! 
Please do write more and update your other stories too!

Edited by ChamakChallo91 - 9 years ago
Surish thumbnail
Absolutely fantastic! I felt as though I was a dog on two tails upon reading this update!The proposal was utterly hilarious!
AMMY12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
sweet and cute story
do write more
thanx for the pm mirnal
t.c