Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
po*n stars are made more, they actually get rights than prostitutes don't--like being able to pick what "assignments" you wanna do and decline. Plus, po*n is so glamorized, I mean for one it's safer b/c they do STD testing and stuff, but they tend to know the people and it's not unsafe. I mean some prostitute work with gangsters and people from the mafia.

Either way, it's a profession and it sells. I mean so many people watch and buy po*n. If there's a demand for it then there certaintly will be a supply. But neither one gets any respect. It's looked down upon and it's so hard for women to overcome that stigma. I mean Channing Tatum used to be a stripper but no one really talks about it in a demeaning way, but I notice women get it with it much harder.
Originally posted by: Antlers

Prostitution is illegal in the states. po*n is legal. 

Ahhh, now this is where the dichotomy rules...Just as TM is curious, so am I, wonder why such differences between the two..? 🤔
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
people have some misconception about state of prostitution in india. So here it goes-
In India, prostitution (the exchange of sexual services for money) is legal,but a number of related activities, including soliciting in a public place, kerb crawling, owning or managing a brothel, pimping and pandering, are crimes.
The primary law dealing with the status of sex workers is the 1956 law referred to as The Immoral Traffic (Suppression) Act (SITA). According to this law, prostitutes can practise their trade privately but cannot legally solicit or 'seduce' customers in public. A BBC article, however, mentions that prostitution is illegal in India; the Indian law does not refer to the practice of selling one's own sexual service as "prostitution". Clients can be punished for sexual activity in proximity to a public place. Organised prostitution (brothels, prostitution rings, pimping, etc.) is illegal. As long as it is done individually and voluntarily, a woman (male prostitution is not recognised in any law in India) can use her body in exchange for material benefit. In particular, the law forbids a sex worker to carry on her profession within 200 yards of a public place. Unlike as is the case with other professions, sex workers are not protected under normal labour laws, but they possess the right to rescue and rehabilitation if they desire and possess all the rights of other citizens.
n practice SITA is not commonly used. The Indian Penal Code (IPC) which predates the SITA is often used to charge sex workers with vague crimes such as "public indecency" or being a "public nuisance" without explicitly defining what these consist of. Recently the old law has been amended as The Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act or PITA. Attempts to amend this to criminalise clients have been opposed by the Health Ministry,and has encountered considerable opposition.In a positive development in the improvement of the lives of female sex workers in Calcutta, a state-owned insurance company has provided life insurance to 250 individuals.Over the years, India has seen a growing mandate to legalise prostitution, to avoid exploitation of sex workers and their children by middlemen and in the wake of a growing HIV/AIDS menace
conceptvals thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fiery.Phoenix

Isn't po*n illegal as well in India ?

As for the west, again I am clueless if both or one or neither are illegal. Someone shine some light...

I think po*n is legal throughout all of the west, not fully sure though. Prostitution is illegal in the UK but from the adverts I've seen they're harsher on the dealers and handlers and more sympathetic towards the prostitutes, which is good. They sometimes show prostitution in slavery ads which is helpful because most of them are forced into it
Mr_Lucky thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
There are differences. You can choose
your partners, and they're
tested for Aids - po*n stars. But
prostitutes- exchange sex
for money.
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fiery.Phoenix

Ahhh, now this is where the dichotomy rules...Just as TM is curious, so am I, wonder why such differences between the two..? 🤔

Most of the po*n is with consent, but then again we have strip clubs which are merrily just a prostitution club. 
tantal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Antlers

Most of the po*n is with consent, but then again we have strip clubs which are merrily just a prostitution club. 

But prostitution is also done with adult consent in USA. The social safety net is much stronger there than in India where illegal trafficking, underage prostitution , compulsions of poverty and homelessness are  more rampant. So, why is po*n legal but prostitution not?
VivaEmptiness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
po*n has a restrictions, and woman are more protected whereas prostitution is not safe anything goes, I know morally and ethically they are the same but I can see why one is legal and the other not.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^but with po*n you're making yourself visible to the whole world...whereas prostitution is usually done in private places. And as few members have already said that things are more glamorized in po*n. In my opinion, being a po*n star is worst, if not equal than a prostitute...but it is no way better. (strictly my opinion)