How is being a po*n star better than being a prostitute? - Page 3

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Usman.

^but with po*n you're making yourself visible to the whole world...whereas prostitution is usually done in private places. And as few members have already said that things are more glamorized in po*n. In my opinion, being a po*n star is worst, if not equal than a prostitute...but it is no way better. (strictly my opinion)

Not saying one is better than the other, was just commenting on why one is legal and the other not.
They're equally bad IMO, just because you are doing it behind close doors doesn't mean you are any better!
Originally posted by VivaEmptiness

po*n has a restrictions, and woman are more protected whereas prostitution is not safe anything goes, I know morally and ethically they are the same but I can see why one is legal and the other not.

Well there are different categories in po*n where women even have sex with animals ,their body parts are mutilated etcEdited by Deathstroke - 9 years ago
Both po*n and prostitution is done with adult consent except for the exceptions mentioned above...

As for being tested against STDs, again if adults are doing it with consent, then I don't feel the need to protect an adult who goes to buy sex from some random stranger. There's a reason why they are adults, no need to baby sit them trying to protect them from STDs when they are doing it on their will and desire...
Originally posted by Deathstroke

Well there are different categories in po*n where women even have sex with animals ,their body parts are mutilated etc

First of all gross 🤢

And what do you mean body parts mutilated? Are they having sexy with a dead person?... Whatever gross shit they are doing, there's regulation to keep both parties safe, and they do follow it throughly because I'm sure they don't want to get sued.Edited by VivaEmptiness - 9 years ago
Originally posted by VivaEmptiness

po*n has a restrictions, and woman are more protected whereas prostitution is not safe anything goes, I know morally and ethically they are the same but I can see why one is legal and the other not.

Prostitution has existed since the beginning of time and will continue till human beings are capable of having sex.Keeping it illegal doesn't make it safer for the women - it only makes it worse since they have no legal or social recourse to address their problems. Make it into a legal and taxable profession and give some power to the hands of those who are forced to submit to a life of prostitution.
Edited by tantal - 9 years ago
Originally posted by tantal

Prostitution has existed since the beginning of time and will continue till human beings are capable of having sex.Keeping it illegal doesn't make it safer for the women - it only makes it worse since they have no legal or social recourse to address their problems. Make it into a legal and taxable profession and give some power to the hands of those who are forced submit to a life of prostituion.

IA completely, prostitution can not be eliminated best thing to do is legalize it and manage it so these poor girls feel more protected. But to do that you will have to get rid of pimps, and have a more controlled setting. There should be testing, checking for Ids to make sure one is not a minor etc...The only problem I see is many who are involved in this profession want their identity hidden so how do you keep them anonymous yet make sure they are following the rules
mostly po*n is nt forced bt in prostitution girls frm poor families n abducted ones r forced in this profession. this is d basic difference rest it's same
Originally posted by Bryophyllum

mostly po*n is nt forced bt in prostitution girls frm poor families n abducted ones r forced in this profession. this is d basic difference rest it's same
Every one is not Sunny Leone. Many po*n stars are also forced into the profession due to lack of money etc.
A prostitute is paid to have sex with multiple people.
A po*n star is paid to let people watch them have sex.

Prostitution always involves sex with strangers.
po*nography usually involves sex with known po*nstars or even individual acts like masturbation.

Prostitution tends to be illegal in most of the world except Netherlands, Germany etc.
po*nography tends to be legal except in conservative countries.

Prostitution is riskier due to the illegal element
Legalized po*nography is usually safer

Just a few very subtle differences between the two. Personally, I don't judge. No one is better than the other. It is just what people do to earn their daily bread.

Sex for me is a personal experience that shouldn't be sold or shared with strangers. My moral stance doesn't apply to everyone though. If someone else doesn't find sex so personal and is willing to trade it like a commodity, I don't judge. They have every right to live their life how they do. At least for me people who trade their bodies are better than people who trade their souls to exploit people. Give me a prostitute or a po*n star over some greedy oil mogul or unscrupulous sweatshop slave driver. Heck prostitutes and po*n stars to me are better than people who treat servants, fast food workers etc like shit because of some sense of superiority.

As long as people are respectful, compassionate and treat all people equal they are cool with me. I actually feel very sorry for prostitutes and po*n stars who bear all the judgement and shaming while the consumers of these products are ignored.

Scenario 1- A person has been coerced into adopting either of these profession.

Whoever forced them is a criminal and they are simply victims of that crime.

Scenario 2- A person took it up due to  adverse circumstances (poverty, lack of skill, war , riots) Indicates a sorry state of affairs, breakdown of social order as a whole.

Scenario 3- person willingly takes up either of these professions :

It is simply  a means for making easy money  and a short cut to a life of luxury rather than about earning  daily bread for survival..

Edited by zorrro - 9 years ago