Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I don't know why this has been moved to the debate section

no one is even active here

it was posted in BW section as po*n stars and prostitute indulgence is getting prominent there. This was some how linked with it.

What is the point of having it in debate section where barely any one is active

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: -koiza-

I don't know why this has been moved to the debate section

no one is even active here

it was posted in BW section as po*n stars and prostitute indulgence is getting prominent there. This was some how linked with it.

What is the point of having it in debate section where barely any one is active

They probably moved it because they thought it belongs to DM and not BS.

PM a GM nicely saying that the topic is relevant in BS with recent prostitution racket busted and people like Sunny Leone going mainstream. Say that BS is more active and it would make for a much better discussion there. BS members won't get a chance to see it here. Hopefully, they will see your point and move it back.
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

They probably moved it because they thought it belongs to DM and not BS.

PM a GM nicely saying that the topic is relevant in BS with recent prostitution racket busted and people like Sunny Leone going mainstream. Say that BS is more active and it would make for a much better discussion there. BS members won't get a chance to see it here. Hopefully, they will see your point and move it back.

I don't have the energy to do that 😭

let it be wasted now

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
I stay in India and as far as I know po*n stars conditions too are really bad in India.They too are hated a lot in India.If u r talking about sunny leone then she's an exception. But she too is hardly respected by majority of people. Will she ever get work in Yash raj films or dharma productions or any other production? She'll either do item songs or will get work in bhatt films or ekta kapoor movies because they make bold movies.
Plus sunny leone never worked in indian po*n movies.If she would have worked in indian po*n films,nobody would be knowing her at all.How many indian po*n stars got a chance to work in Bollywood? None.
So the mentality of Indians for prostitutes and po*n stars is the same.

Btw,TM,u opened a good topic for discussion. Edited by subha2601 - 9 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Po*n industry is a multi-billion dollar industry making a few people very rich. It distorts reality, inciting desires it never satisfies. You know deep down it's all lies but you still buy it AND the scripts it's based on are always sh*t...now a days some people wanna be a prn star to become famous...or some people gone the traditional route and released the sex tape first...😉 But most women in prostitution end up there only because other options are not available..There are a few women who apparently earn large amounts of money in Prostitution, these women are in an extreme minority. Prostitution is a route into poverty for most women & around 90% say they want out of  prostitution immediately.

Edited by Vinzy - 9 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
There is a big difference.

A po*n star is treated with more respect and can command bigger bucks for little work.

A prostitute is treated with less respect and frowned upon. She is often treated like a slave.

However, in most Asian countries both of these professions are frowned up and even illegal. Often prostitution is regulated and they need a permit.
Edited by Summer3 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

A prostitute is paid to have sex with multiple people.
A po*n star is paid to let people watch them have sex.

Prostitution always involves sex with strangers.
po*nography usually involves sex with known po*nstars or even individual acts like masturbation.

Prostitution tends to be illegal in most of the world except Netherlands, Germany etc.
po*nography tends to be legal except in conservative countries.

Prostitution is riskier due to the illegal element
Legalized po*nography is usually safer

Just a few very subtle differences between the two. Personally, I don't judge. No one is better than the other. It is just what people do to earn their daily bread.

Sex for me is a personal experience that shouldn't be sold or shared with strangers. My moral stance doesn't apply to everyone though. If someone else doesn't find sex so personal and is willing to trade it like a commodity, I don't judge. They have every right to live their life how they do. At least for me people who trade their bodies are better than people who trade their souls to exploit people. Give me a prostitute or a po*n star over some greedy oil mogul or unscrupulous sweatshop slave driver. Heck prostitutes and po*n stars to me are better than people who treat servants, fast food workers etc like shit because of some sense of superiority.

As long as people are respectful, compassionate and treat all people equal they are cool with me. I actually feel very sorry for prostitutes and po*n stars who bear all the judgement and shaming while the consumers of these products are ignored.

I see what you mean. But isn't that justifying one sin with a bigger one? Its like saying, "why do we need to arrest petty thieves and pick-pockets when evil capitalist magnates and extremists are sucking the world dry"?

And speaking about morality, there are certain things that are viewed in distaste by a majority of the populace in almost all mainstream societies. Should the notion of "morality" be a strictly personal arena? If that is so, won't "society" as an entity cease to exist?Edited by krystal_watz - 9 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: krystal_watz

I see what you mean. But isn't that justifying one sin with a bigger one? Its like saying, "why do we need to arrest petty thieves and pick-pockets when evil capitalist magnates and extremists are sucking the world dry"?

Firstly, I personally do not consider selling one's body for gains a sin.

Secondly, there is always an hierarchy of crime. Murder and rape are more harmful and have harsher punishment than pickpocketing or vandalism.

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

And speaking about morality, there are certain things that are viewed in distaste by a majority of the populace in almost all mainstream societies. Should the notion of "morality" be a strictly personal arena? If that is so, won't "society" as an entity cease to exist?

Majority isn't always right. There was a time majority thought slavery was perfectly acceptable.

We actually do live in a society with grey morals and personal morals. Law is pragmatic rather than moral. People compromise personal morals all the time to live in structured society.
The majority isn't always correct, but its not always wrong either. Certain basic ideas of morality are more universal than others, and have remained constant throughout the ages. Selling one's body is considered self-demeaning, if not a crime. And the body isn't exactly a neutral commodity like clothes or furniture. Physical relationships do affect the psyche, which is why sex-addiction is considered harmful and generally seen to arise out of certain psychological issues, FWB relationships turn messy with one partner developing feelings and indiscriminate sexual relationships often drive people to depression.

No matter how advanced we become down the ages, we don't lose our basic human instincts or intelligence. We cannot become like animals when it regards our body and mind.
^^ but this is ghor-kalyu!. Is morality even relevant today?