Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

Its A Good Day.. :) [GMW sequel]

Aru_A thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Hello people...I'm back again. Thank you for all the love and motivation you all gave me for my first post here in this forum. And because of all that, I'm here with a sequel of my previous work. A special thanks to Hiru aka Hiral for giving me this idea of different POV's in a day... :)
Previous work:
Good Morning World...

https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=413523

Enjoy Reading.. :)

With all her concentration on file in front of her, she sat there, still as a statue, yet, there was an aura of reality in her still figure, which set her apart from the rest of the entities in the room who were exhausted with their work. Her eyes, lost inside those printed alphabets, were tired, but didn't show a sign of sleep. Her desk, littered with all kinds of stationary,from pens to markers and pencils and paper clips, unlike the other lifeless desks in the office which seemed stripped of every ounce of life, sat there, exhibiting a calm radiance, the non-living object giving out vibes of peace. Occasionally, her focussed gaze would travel to the computer screen on her right, which sat on the desk idly, gazing excitedly at the tireless worker in front of it. Her gaze would then again return to the file, her right hand feeling around the desk for the correct item she wanted to use, as if her hand had a pair of eyes of its own, her real eyes completely drowned in the reports in front. As soon as she would catch hold of the right pencil or highlighter, her eyes still focussed on the printed alphabets, she would pull off the cap from the pen and scribble a couple of words with agility, her eyes blinking once in the process. Page after page she continued to go through and make the necessary changes or additions. The afternoon toiled away. After completing most of the file, she came face to face with another page of the file, which was sleeplily lying there like any other page, waiting for its turn. For a moment, instead of working on it, she decided to aware herself of its brothers that were waiting for their turn in line after that page. 'Quite a bit of work left,' she made a mental note. She took a deep breath, and with an audible sharp exhale, she quickly scanned the page before beginning the real work at it. Instinctively, her hands reached for her open hair which fell on her shoulders like a smooth, silky, dark curatain, beholding many mysteries of its own. Her right hand grabbed her hair, while the left one did its job of tying the hair expertly. And back to work she was. With no idea of the time or place, she just did her work with an unbelievable dedication and remarkable tirelessness. After a while, her lost self in the work signalled her. From inside, somewhat her instincts were continuously nudging her to do something. She abruptly halted her work. Her eyes were still at the file, though they were actually concentrating on her heart, which was telling her something. As a curly lock released itself from the clutches of the rubber band and gracefully fell on her left cheek, a slight shimmer of a smile appeared on her elegant face, which was slightly tipped forward, as if looking at her heart. She put her face straight and innocent and slowly, she turned her head to the left. The sight she was greeted with was nothing more than a long office window, but beyond it was something magical. The window, giving a view of a vast horizon, inhabited by a fair few. A big red ball for a sun was glowing softly, hovering over the seas and the village in a distance. As shades of gold, red, orange, maroon and yellow blended together in perfect symphony in that round ball, it gave an atmosphere of calm, a feeling of rest. The shades reflected in the sky, giving an endless space filled with hues of fiery red and warm orange, here and there interrupted by the long and  thin clouds, the light reflecting off their edges and enhancing their beauty. Even the sun was on its way home, to take some rest from the tedious work of each day. That setting ball gave an aura of slumber and peace, indicating everyone to go home and get cozy in their beds, apparently with a nice big mug of beautiful aromatic coffee. Her straight face immediately broke into an ear to ear smile at the beautiful sight and the sun's indication. An aura of beauty and reality descended upon her, the beautiful smile showing her true colours. 'Not today...' she silently whispered to the sun, as if could hear it. Apparently, it could. '...I have work to do. You go and take rest, okay?' she whispered, audible to nobody but herself, and ofcourse, to the one she was speaking to, the sun. A slight nod could be detected in the sun's stillness, as it continued its journey beyond the visible limit of the horizon. Not just her face, even her heart smiled selflessly in bliss. Her eyes travelled back to her heart, engaged in a tiny conversation with it. How her heart protested peacefully against the tedious and monotonous work she was engaged in. How it wanted her to take a break from all this. She smiled at her hearts childish behaviour and then again turned back to her files. 'Don't worry...' she whispered to her heart in a consoling ultimatum, '...I know I've been working without a pause for hours. But still, its a Good Day...if you can really see the beauty of it' :)

Here it is. Do tell me your views about it. What do you feel about it...How is it...any additions, positive criticism...your thought-process regarding this, all welcomed. I hope you liked it...
-Aru :)

More works by me...
Aru's gallery of written works

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4152574

Edited by Aru_A - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nonname thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
An awesome piece of writing !!👏
-QueenlyChitra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
awesome work loved it Tfs for pm aru 👏⭐️ 
_aashi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am really sorry for not reading earlier...I was busy with my studies because of my exams so I came very less on IF ; ( I said it first for I don't want to u to doubt urself again. 
Coming to the point...I love ur writing already aru , I just don't have words left now for this amazing work...I am ur FAN !!! 

Aru_A thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Anshul_CR7

An awesome piece of writing !!👏

thank u Anshul... :)

cherrycola thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow !
that is the onloy wrd that escapes out of my mouth after i read this piece of wrk.
i don understand hw u hav a positive outlook to everything around you .. it is actually quite surprising !
Aru_A thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -ChitraRocking-

awesome work loved it Tfs for pm aru 👏⭐️ 

thank u so much chitra di... :D
n dont thank me for the PM... :)
Aru_A thumbnail
thank u so much...
can i know ur name???