A Swayam OneShot: In Front Of Me

.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The day is so beautiful! The sky is so blue! The clouds are so fluffy! And The trees are so lush!
Okay i give up. I cant pretend anymore. The sky may be blue but i have no idea whether it is. Yes,yes its exactly what you are thinking. I AM blind. You would probably have the sympathetic look up on your face by now. I would say cheer up! Its not as bad as it sounds. Its just like another night except the fact that this night lasts forever. It must be hard for you to imagine I know. Dont ponder too much over it coz it does not matter in the end.
Since you all are reading this,let me introduce myself. I am Swayam Shekawat,20 years old and a student of St. Louis College,Mumbai. Before you think about the effort I am putting to type all of this, let me clarify that its my young sister Taani who is typing,not me. Its not that i am incapable of doing it, its just that i am lazy. And that just earned me a smack from Taani. Why I am writing this? It keeps me sane.

A typical day in my life is, well typical. I get up in the morning, go for a walk with Taani (she whines like a pig to come, she's that lazy). As I return to my home, a hot tasty breakfast cooked by my lovely mother awaits my arrival. I gobble it up, get freshened and then make my way towards the college. Aah...college, it pleases me to just think about it. One place i love being at. The hubbub in the corridors as I walk through them makes me feel so alive.
As I walk through the corridors, I hear many 'Hey Swayam!' 'Good Morning Swayam!' thrown at me. Though it feels good its quite irksome too, because I know these are the outcomes of sympathy, not a genuine desire to talk to me. The story is the same all over the college. Sympathy lurks in the voice of each and every person in the college except in those of my best friend Rey and the girl I love, Sharon.(And the professors.)
Rey and Sharon- my support systems in the college. While Rey stands by my side like the ideal best friend (with occasional leg pulling), Sharon resorts to shouting to remind me that I am as normal as a human being could be and that I am not going to get any preferential treatment when it came to her fury. I just wish I could see her. I do have a picture of her in my mind from what Rey had told me about her. But I wish I could see her once.
As the college ends, I spend sometime with Sharon at the park. The hour we spend together soothes my soul and lifts up my mood. Reminiscing the time we spent, I make my way towards home into the loving arms of my family. After dinner every single thought in my brain takes the form of words on the paper and with that my day ends. As the moon rises, the sweet dreams of my dream girl beckon me and i oblige them by falling asleep.
All of this sounds good right? Good enough for someone who cant see? But life was not this rosy always. I had gone into a bad bout of depression when I had just entered the 11th grade. Those days were the darkest of my life. I had shut myself from the world, literally and figuratively. Suicidal thoughts were rampant in my mind and one day I was almost on the verge of commiting suicide when I had heard a knock on the door. A 11 year old Taani called out to me.
"Swayam! I am bored. Come na lets play something"
That had stopped me. I still remember how i much i had cried after that. But crying helped me take a step out of that depression and gradually my condition improved. Its been 5 years since that phase of mine and till now I promise myself everyday that I'll never let something like thir repeat itself. Does it really matter that i am blind? I have my family,Rey and Sharon to help me see the world through their eyes.
And yet there are few people who look out to dampen my spirits by reminding me that i was blind and i was supposed to be broody. And well, i cant help but laugh at it. Just because my eyes dont see doesnt mean i dont have a life to live. To those people i would like to say: I do see the darkness in front of me and I choose to overcome it.
Edited by Nishi.Kss - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Hello everyone :D
Here I am with an OS which I wrote just out of the blue.
I dont how it is..so do let me know.

Cheers
Nishi Edited by Nishi.Kss - 9 years ago
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Amazing dear.. I simply loved it... the way you wrote this os...is fab... loved it.. p.s. if possible then plz convert it into a ss or ff... it will be great...
mystery75 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
it was so simple yet have such deep meanings
amazing piece of writing👏
 I do see the darkness in front of me and I choose to overcome it.
😎
ExpectoPatronus thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
very well penned... Loved it. God bless
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Would you mind If i summarise this piece in one word?
BRILLIANCE!!!!

I am so glad you wrote something like this. . .It just feels so good to read something like this. . .Swayam's every emotion was penned so normally and beautifully.
Congratulations Nishi 😊
prachi_vrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
simply beautiful
loved it 😊
Mansi98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome os👏
loved it❤️
swayam's emotions were pen down very nicely😃
u r such an awesome writer👏
keep writing such more os😊
Incorrect thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
its too gud
i love it

n yeah thank u soo much
m finally a goldie

love
shini
ToujoursPur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
eyes are the window of the soul.

and as long as your soul exists so does your capability to see.

swayam would have been truly blind if he did not see that there was a life ahead of him---and people who loved him.

loved it. thanks.