Fanaah

Why Fanaah did not work ~ 10 reasons - Page 2

shibz thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Also the show seemed a drag only to Kundra n RD fans who were eagerly waiting to see them.. I believe neutral members liked the younger Vi-Dha.
However the story telling and characterization was indeed poor.. There was basically no consistency.
While it seemed dragged a lot of times, Vi-Dha love story seemed equally rushed. Or may be a better actress with better chemistry with Karan would've made their love more believable.

Plus Nakul's replacement and Ira's unnecessary, no-sense, repetitive scenes were boring.

Flashbacks-Till date I do not understand why they kept showing the flashbacks even when we kept telling them how much we hate to see the same flashback scenes!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Madhu-n-kaddu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
For me,
1. Loose direction . There are only  very few episode which are packed up wid so many activities.

2. Loose characterization , sometimes Vivan's character which is basically the main one seems too weak... I m a blind n Hard-Core Kundra fan, I like Anshuman more than Vivan which is quite shocking n surprising for myself too...

3. Off course Chetna, in the bunch of talented actors n actresses she is so much unsuitable... weak perform n over acting are d cherry on top...
n Chemistry wid Kundra, kya kehne uske... VG , u should think about it...
style14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Some please tweet this thread to Vikas Gupta so that he atleast understands how viewers feel.

Vikas Gupta (Producer)

Wish he replaced Chetna.
Edited by style14 - 9 years ago
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ira being able to wear a rosary and walking around in a church is nothing new!!!!😛 ðŸ˜Š

It has already been shown in Underworld and Twilight series!!!!😊 ðŸ˜Š

In Underworld : Rise of the Lycans based in the 15th century they even have a chapel in their castle!!!!

In Twilight, Carlise keeps a cross as a reminder of his dad!!!!

Both these movie series move away from the portrayal of vampires as something evil and associated with the devil and instead portray them as a species!!!!

Edited by Shaina_b - 9 years ago
The_Imane thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Just two things,
Chetna will improve she is not that bad, i dont want her to be replaced, plz dont be so rude, she will improve...
And 2nd thing, ok there is KK and RD fans who r waiting for their scenes, but others r also important for story so they cant do only scene with them
Yes for RD i agree they should have intoced him before, but its not that dramatic
N for KK i dont thing there is anything which has been bad about him, KK character is nice, i like Vivaan. ?.
No offende just my pov
silent.desire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Let see hopefully second season they buck up. Actually I think story will turn interesting when Vivaan will turn vampire and I am hoping since Anshuman bitten him he can be next powerful vampire. Let see though I agree they need to get more attention from audience. Some changes in story can do a wonder may be.
Amy07 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree to some points but i really enjoyed Fanaah at times...Regarding Forum activity ii dont believene that its the only barometer of popularity. All my cousins and some friends watched fanaah regularly and they enjoyed it too.

The biggest disadvantage is also it being on Mtv bcos it cud have really been more popular had it been on a more popular channel.

I feel Fanaah makers have great story and plot but it could not be executed in the perfect way, the lead characters were evn not perfectly sketched like seriously the way Dhara easily let Adrij die was so stupid and even Iravati she was absent from this moonstone track whn this is what she was trying for all along..

And all the actors were perfect in acting except Chetna, she can do brilliant in show like Kaisi Ye yaariya and other youth centric shows but for Dhaara the actress should act from her soul and thts not possible with Chetna. I dont dislike her but thats the truth she has to an extent ruined the potrayal of love young Vi-Dha had so its perfect if she is replaced and moreover i cannot imagine a love triangle of Vidhyut-Dhara-Vivaan with her. Her potrayal makes her not worth of Rithvik and Karan fighting for her..Chetna has improved no doubt about that but still not good enough for Dhara..

For Rithvik i feel its unfair to blame the makers, his track could have been started long ago and there wud not have been dragging but he was not available until just this week as he was busy shooting in Capetown for Dare To Dance...

Earlier little Vivaan and Dhara's track was dragged little bcos Karan was busy for his movie promotions so now tht all r back we can hope for a proper season 2

The things i really loved about Fanaah were Anshuman Preet's potrayal, Anshuman Vivaan bond, Young Vidha bond and the story which was indeed very good

This last week was amazing and i do believe the makers can do justice in future too..
peachesnplums thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
"For Rithvik i feel its unfair to blame the makers, his track could have been started long ago and there wud not have been dragging but he was not available until just this week as he was busy shooting in Capetown for Dare To Dance..."

Regarding the above, Rithvik had shot for scenes - not just promo - he was shooting for Fanaah too before he left. Those weren't shown. Also, during the entire promotional schedule, Dare 2 Dance was on. So misleading on part of makers to promote with Vidhyut when he wasn't going to be shown, isn't it? D2D wasn't some out of the blue decision.
silent.desire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Amy07 - Sach bolun Adrij I thought he really loved Dhara like how Vivaan do but I was proved wrong when he ran away leaving Dhara to sacrifice her life. After that scene I didn't felt anything else stupid... first I thought how Dhara can take this decision later I understand she thought they will kill her obviously leaving their son but Adrij characterisation for running from there left me thinking whether he ever loved her or it was some price for him. Last don't take it offensive nothing personal with you hugs.Edited by beautiful_heart - 9 years ago
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
to be frank for me Anshuman and Preet's love story is the only watchable thing in Fanaah..and I don't agree with you that everyone is watching this only for KK n RD...sorry at least not me..m watching for story and it's like a rubber band..same thing continue for a month and at the end I lost all interest for the show..🥱