Why Fanaah did not work ~ 10 reasons - Page 3

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by ..Bournville..

My reasons:
1. Extremely poor characterization of Dhara. If there is one female lead I absolutely loathe in all TV shows I ever watched, then it has to be her. Just to save Vivaan's life, she easily let Adriksh's life be sacrificed. She could have searched for more ways to save Vivaan in the 4 years that she was away from Preet.
2. Replacing of Nakul by Yuvraj. Honestly it was Nakul's style of portrayal of Anshuman which made me connect to him and he was the only character I could appreciate, but ever since Yuvraj's entry, I just could not connect to his character any more or adore him like I did earlier. 
3. No logic behind breaking the myths or showing the supernatural stuff. While I agree that supernatural does give one a lot of creative freedom, but there should be a proper explanation for what you are showing. It should not be mere statements. Till date I dont know the reason why Anshuman - supposedly the strongest vampire in the world, loses all his powers in front of Preet when nothing happens to werewolves. Then again, no explanation is given to how Ira can wear rosary, held it in her hand and roam around in church freely. If you are going to break a long standing myth, then there should be an explanation for it. But that was not the case with Fanaah. 
4. Giving importance to irrelevant scenes and rushing the important ones. So many episodes were wasted on Dhara crying, flashbacks of Vivaan-Dhara and Preet-Anshuman, but the entire Preet vs the werewolves fight was done away in just 5 minutes. 

I completely agree with your points Dishu...
Originally posted by beautiful_heart

Let see hopefully second season they buck up. Actually I think story will turn interesting when Vivaan will turn vampire and I am hoping since Anshuman bitten him he can be next powerful vampire. Let see though I agree they need to get more attention from audience. Some changes in story can do a wonder may be.
Trust me They have the audience attention already,What needed was the Vampire Vivaan track to start as That was supposed to be the Real Story and Turning point,But usse pehle hi season 1 end thing came up.!!😔 😆Honestly Vivaan is too naive,stupid and innocent in the human avtar and such charachter don't suits Karan,He suits full on madness,and the depth and intensity,the emotional deewangi with innocence than can make audience cry thats what suits him the Best and that shades could only be seen in Vampire Vivaan and not the innocent and naive human one.!!So The Vampire not gonna be stupid for sure,So I'm looking forward to it.!!😳About Rithvik,Guess I'm the only 1 here who still wants the werewolf back,Bcoz I always see lots of scope for Vidhyut's charachter and Even in Intro He was especially mentioned as Fierce and strongest werewolf and I always love to watch My RD in werewolf avatarI guess Coz of the sudden wrap up,They couldn't make his entry,As it was always supposed to be after the 2nd leap i.e Vampire Vivaan and Wolfy Grownup Vidhyut both in their full forms but bcoz They dragged too much,the 2nd leap got late and Before They could give a leap,1st season come to an end abruptly.!!So Rithvik's entry and Vampire Vivaan both got stucked.(Saying it from a neutral pov😊)!!I always wanted RD back in his werewolf form again as such roles suits him the Best and brings out the best of his acting skills,So I'll be slightly disappointed to not see him in 2nd season,But I know He won't take wrong decision for sure,If script and his role is strong He'll take it otherwise not.!!😳Edited by --Janvie-- - 9 years ago
Originally posted by peachesnplums

"For Rithvik i feel its unfair to blame the makers, his track could have been started long ago and there wud not have been dragging but he was not available until just this week as he was busy shooting in Capetown for Dare To Dance..."

Regarding the above, Rithvik had shot for scenes - not just promo - he was shooting for Fanaah too before he left. Those weren't shown. Also, during the entire promotional schedule, Dare 2 Dance was on. So misleading on part of makers to promote with Vidhyut when he wasn't going to be shown, isn't it? D2D wasn't some out of the blue decision.

I dont think Rithvik shot much apart from promo and the first scene, and even if he did it wud be very little and they can only show whn he can continue shooting further... And Rithvik was always supposed to be part of the show and it was obviously not misleading viewers whn he promoted and we shud not forget Fanaah season is ending bcos of actors unavailability and not for any other reason..nd I feel its perfect this way to start the new season of 2014 track from scratch now and thts the track which was promoted in the promotions too bcos Karan was promoted as a vampire and he still is not and its ending now...And plus Rithvik's show, Karan's film were always there and it was the mutual understanding between them and the makers n we shud respect that and its definitely unfair to blame that they just used for promotions...

Amy07 - Sach bolun Adrij I thought he really loved Dhara like how Vivaan do but I was proved wrong when he ran away leaving Dhara to sacrifice her life. After that scene I didn't felt anything else stupid... first I thought how Dhara can take this decision later I understand she thought they will kill her obviously leaving their son but Adrij characterisation for running from there left me thinking whether he ever loved her or it was some price for him. Last don't take it offensive nothing personal with you hugs.

Yeah good point his love suddenly seemed so fake .. But still Dhara's reaction was very thanda when he was dying i mean common he was dying its not a joke.. Even I feel in future Cvs shud make life and death a little more realistic for proper connection...
@Amy07 - Guess we can agree to disagree here :), I think it was unfair and if they wanted, they could have focused on only the werewolves story (because S2 return 2-3 weeks isn't that long a period)and shown Rithvik.

May have been mutual understanding, but I read all the makers interviews since Fanaah buzz started and those were about Rithvik and Karan and keeping the focus on them

And I've said on page 1 itself, I had two reasons - the story being a drag was the other primary reason it didn't work for me.

Also, as far as ratings is concerned, I'm not sure if that's an issue, because MTV isn't a GEC so their target audience is different. They probably look at social media buzz, feedback etc. on their shows.
Edited by peachesnplums - 9 years ago
Originally posted by The_Imane

Ur wiews but i just love fannah and i dont thing visha younglove dtory could have been shown only in a week

they could have been shown in a week, if we delete all those stupid songs and unnecessary flashbacks that consumed 20 minutes of an episode out of the 24 minutes. Were they really necessary?
Originally posted by Shaina_b

To be honest, Preet and Anshuman's love story is the only good thing in the show!!!!

Till now, yes, they are the only good thing. But even that was dragged.. What was the use of showing those flashbacks of 14 years again and again. Like they showed them around 15 times and then their meeting at vivan's sister's cremation ceremony around 10 times. It was such a drag.
and then samjhawan song playing everytime they come closer taking a good 5 minutes, such a waste of time.

I disagree to certain points and agree to certain.

It is up to you but I love young Dhara and Vivaan story and enjoyed it to a bit. That was only I used to enjoy this show.
That is great you enjoyed the story for one whole month.

About Vivaan characterisation I agree but still I will not doubt Karan's decision.. come on he got to play vampire it has to be strong enough it is a start he haven't even turned vampire so we have to wait how he is as a vampire.

Yes, but we have waited just too long for that. By the time they show the strength in his character people will lose interest in the show.

Chetna she is not that bad.. good as Dhara to some level.

Chetna is not bad. But she is a fit for daily soaps in GEC channels. She needs to attend workshops for get into skin of Dhara.

I agree Ritwik... I think they should have not promoted him from season 1 if he is entry was from season 2 but than it is good in other way atleast for one who is Ritwik fan and waiting for him knows the story so when he will come we will not feel out of explanation.

He was meant to make his entry in season-1, within few WEEKS. but if they show young vidha for a month and another month for older vidha where is the scope for him?

Fanaah is flop or not I don't know? Yes forum activity is less even I don't visit this forum but I knew whoever see Fanaah love them excluding me. I watch because of my brother and mom.. they watch so apparently automatically I get to watch it.

We do watch it too.It is obvious that the shows that are dragging for years in GECs are being watched too and continue inspit eof poor ratings. But that doesnt make them a good show. The story of Fanaah is good. But with a good story we need good execution.

I love Anshuman and Preet story ... but I was disappointed when they replaced original Anshuman still I appreciate new actor he got into the skin of the character in short span of time.

Agree Nakul Sahdev was fab. Though Yuvraj is much popular actor and Nakul apparently new (since he didnt do any lead roles) replacing him was a bad choice. People were smitten as Anshuman was tailormade for him.

I am little shocked still why they need to close season one so early but I learned Karan is not well so they are closing it and they will come with season2 soon.

How season 2 will turn that time will say.

It is good that they'll come up season-2. And again promote aggressively with Rithvik and Karan and again promise a fantastic and one-of-a-kind storyline. But the point is will the audience believe the makers again after being cheated once?

About direction I feel funny when nurse drank watchman's blood... her character has no grip and significance in story. I am little bored with her character.

Yep Ratan was supposed to be the most interesting character. But they screwed it making her intolerable onscreen.

I kind of don't like this show as personal view is because there is no grip in story and all they have to show is magic magic and magic... too much of magic which gave away my little interest in it.

Thank you for your review.

Originally posted by style14

I had expectations from Fanaah and was totally disappointed. Fanaah was promoted so much by Rithvik and Karan but at the end every thing lacked substance.
Exactly.. It lacked substance.

Initially I was interested in Fanaah only because of Rithvik but still I wanted to watch this show from the start because it seemed different from the shows on Indian Television.

Love story of young Vivan-Dhara could have been crisper, but it was still better than their older version's story. Too much of magic stuff which I didn't enjoy and did not find any chemistry between Karan-Chetna. Yep, It could have been crisper if only they didnt embed those continuous songs and flasbacks and less of melodrama. About Karan-Chetna, yeah, chetna doesnt have chemistry with either karan or rithvik. Anyways, i personally like older Vidha compared to younder as it was less dragged.

I agree the BG songs and flashbacks were a pain. There were times when Fanaah's pace was slower than Ekta's daily soaps. This was suppose to be a seasonal show not a 1000 episode daily soap. You know this is why I love western shows, they are straight to the point  and never compromise on execution and substance. Songs and FBs were too aggressive.

They shouldn't have promoted Rithvik when they knew he would not be shown for months.
He was supposed to come back in weeks, less than a month. But they lost it in confusion. Honestly, i dont think they had any clarity on execution of the concept.

All the actors of Fanaah (except Chetna) were good but sadly when story and execution is bad, actors can't do much.

I hope they come back with Season 2 with a better script.

Hope so. Orelse i may ask AshVikians to upload only Rithvik's scenes and watch them so that i'll get spared from flashbacks and songs which were total misfit for a supernatural show.
Originally posted by peachesnplums

Have my agreements and disgareements with some of the reasons Tich.

But I'll go with two primary reasons that disappointed me as a viewer -

slow story, almost a drag at points

wait for Rithvik when they heavily promoted with him. And even Karan came 3-4 weeks after the show started

Either they shouldn't have promoted it with Rithvik & Karan to grab eye balls, or had a better grip on the story. Its new and innovative, this concept, don't make it into a dragged drama please
i agree here. New and innovative concept. This show could have skyrocketed in popularity. But making it a drama and melodrama ruined it.

Ratan, Anita, Yuvraj, Nakul (old Anshuman) were all so good, as is Karan, and Chetna's acting leaves a LOT to be desired. Wouldn't mind at all they bring a better actor else as Dhara in season 2.

Since dhara is dead now, for 2014 Avni they could cast someone new.

Hope season 2 is back by October and we have better things than what we got in season 1.

And speedy recovery wishes to Karan and Ratan.