Fanaah

Why Fanaah did not work ~ 10 reasons - Page 4

Jin. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Abray

I would like to say that everyone in the forum loved the young Vivaan and Dhara and their love story. That made the forum active as I think. The show started with a bang because most of the fans only want to watch RD and KK respectively. Yep show started in a bang for them but it reduced the hype too. and again started with karan's entry after a month and then reduced again with a drag, and again increased with the birth of vidyut. Where it should have been the execution of the story in demand.

The makes couldn't arrange the story and episodes. This is a supernatural show, there supposed to vampires, witches and werewolves. The story of/behind them. I think I hardly saw Preet making spell in one or two episodes. Then we saw after a long time that Farida is a she-werewolf. We only saw Ira wandering here to there in search for moonstone. Why are other vampires searching for it?
Exactly, that leaves many questions unanswered. if we take TVD even there we have many aspects dealing with the main story and love story, but importance is given to every detail.

Acting and the actors: Kundra's character should've been more stronger and Chetna needs to improve in her acting skills. thanks for agreeing. it was difficult to see karan as a love struck puppy following dhara all time with no life and ambition of his own.

Time slot is shared with IPKKND..EBP so there is a competition. yep, ipkknd-epb is in a gec. So is pavitra rishta in zee. But we cant compare with that. MTV's competition is with Channel V and bindaas.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jin. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ..Bournville..

My reasons:

1. Extremely poor characterization of Dhara. If there is one female lead I absolutely loathe in all TV shows I ever watched, then it has to be her. Just to save Vivaan's life, she easily let Adriksh's life be sacrificed. She could have searched for more ways to save Vivaan in the 4 years that she was away from Preet.
2. Replacing of Nakul by Yuvraj. Honestly it was Nakul's style of portrayal of Anshuman which made me connect to him and he was the only character I could appreciate, but ever since Yuvraj's entry, I just could not connect to his character any more or adore him like I did earlier. 
3. No logic behind breaking the myths or showing the supernatural stuff. While I agree that supernatural does give one a lot of creative freedom, but there should be a proper explanation for what you are showing. It should not be mere statements. Till date I dont know the reason why Anshuman - supposedly the strongest vampire in the world, loses all his powers in front of Preet when nothing happens to werewolves. Then again, no explanation is given to how Ira can wear rosary, held it in her hand and roam around in church freely. If you are going to break a long standing myth, then there should be an explanation for it. But that was not the case with Fanaah. 
4. Giving importance to irrelevant scenes and rushing the important ones. So many episodes were wasted on Dhara crying, flashbacks of Vivaan-Dhara and Preet-Anshuman, but the entire Preet vs the werewolves fight was done away in just 5 minutes. 

@red: 👏

Agree with all your points dishu.
Jin. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shibz

^^Points i agree with..

About ratings-I do not know because we had no news about that..but i assume Fanaah may not have done great with ratings..or at least not up to the makers' expectations..

Regarding the forum activity-I recently started watching KYY and I'm smitten by it.. LITERALLY! I went to the forum.. n there is so much activity there.. I went to youtube to catch up on older epis.. n i was quite surprised that Fanaah had more views/likes compared to KYY.. almost double. I don't know how that show is doing either in terms of ratings.. I do not know how popular it is or if it is a Hit or a flop. But personally I really love that show n i really hope it does well becoz it's really good in terms of writing, direction, characters, actors..
Kaisi yeh yaariyan has more views than fanaah. One of its episodes has more than 64k views. Considering the fact that KYY wasnt promoted and hyped as much as fanaah. Neither it had any adverisements or promos. They started for it only after few epis as it picked up slowly only. Whereas fanaah had more advantages - supernatural show, stars (not just actors). I guess the makers were over-confident.

P.S. PKYEK worked with newcomers?🤔 I'd seen both the lead actors before in other shows. Anyway I wasn't impressed with their acting. Well newcomers means not stars. Sukirti and Vivian werent stars and not well known faces before pkyek. It was pkyek that made them stars. Any lead actor who hasnt done a lead show ealier is technically a newcomer. That is why they got fresh face awards inspite of doing shows before.

Jin. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shibz

Also the show seemed a drag only to Kundra n RD fans who were eagerly waiting to see them.. I believe neutral members liked the younger Vi-Dha. Everyone loved younder vi-dha. It was their drag and unncessary insertion of scenes and songs that got irritated. One month is seriously too much.
However the story telling and characterization was indeed poor.. There was basically no consistency.  As I said makers were over confident. Arrey we are giving them something new ye show toh waise bhi chal jaayega type attitude. This attitude didnt make them take care of detailings.
While it seemed dragged a lot of times, Vi-Dha love story seemed equally rushed. Or may be a better actress with better chemistry with Karan would've made their love more believable. 

Plus Nakul's replacement and Ira's unnecessary, no-sense, repetitive scenes were boring.

Flashbacks-Till date I do not understand why they kept showing the flashbacks even when we kept telling them how much we hate to see the same flashback scenes! Hahaha.. See this, Preet feels Anshuman somewhere around her, instead of showing it on her face we are shown flashbacks, enough to ruin the beautiful scene and make it look horrible.

Jin. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: style14

Some please tweet this thread to Vikas Gupta so that he atleast understands how viewers feel.

Vikas Gupta (Producer)

Wish he replaced Chetna.

Thanks shail.. But that fellow is too head strong and now he has become MTV creative head. Little hope that he listens to us.
style14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

KYY has better content, and that is why it is more popular. People are talking about it more on FB and Twitter too. This show had no popular faces nor was it promoted but still its more popular.

Vikas was over confident about Fanaah. He relied more on his actors popularity rather than the story and execution.
style14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Gudakesha

Till now, yes, they are the only good thing. But even that was dragged.. What was the use of showing those flashbacks of 14 years again and again. Like they showed them around 15 times and then their meeting at vivan's sister's cremation ceremony around 10 times. It was such a drag.
and then samjhawan song playing everytime they come closer taking a good 5 minutes, such a waste of time.

They used flash backs to drag the story line which was a bad move. Flashback's lose their touch when you repeat them in every episode.
Also, why use the same FB scene? They could have shot for different scenes which could have been used as FB. I saw one episode where they showed young ViDha's FB and when I watched another episode after 3 weeks, same FB was repeated. Im sure ViDha must have spent a lot of time together, so why show the same scene again and again. Same was done for Preet-Anshuman scenes. 
Arjuhi_kk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
why comparing with other shows..?? 😕

though i started watching this show just for kundra... I haven't seen the epis on regular basis ..
still felt like commenting here...

accdg to the article... the show is not going off air because of poor rating right??
m
n it is going to come back soon... so why comparing with other on going n off air shows??

in terms of actors... fanaah.. had a great bunch of actors... they all did a fab!! chetna needs to improve though... hope she gets replaced in the next season 😛
Amy07 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: peachesnplums

@Amy07 - Guess we can agree to disagree here :), I think it was unfair and if they wanted, they could have focused on only the werewolves story (because S2 return 2-3 weeks isn't that long a period)and shown Rithvik.

May have been mutual understanding, but I read all the makers interviews since Fanaah buzz started and those were about Rithvik and Karan and keeping the focus on them

And I've said on page 1 itself, I had two reasons - the story being a drag was the other primary reason it didn't work for me.

Also, as far as ratings is concerned, I'm not sure if that's an issue, because MTV isn't a GEC so their target audience is different. They probably look at social media buzz, feedback etc. on their shows.

Well it wud have still turned out to be a drag if they just kept showing werewolves story, so starting from scratch for 2014 track is perfect where the creatives can improve from past mistakes and most importantly replace Chetna...and i disagree with some of your points but let it be..
Amy07 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yes why are we comparing with Kaisi Ye yaariyaa? 
Mtv has certain niche audience who watch shows like Splitsvilla and KYY has splitsvilla stars so its not a surprise if its popular bcos Splitsvilla this season is very popular among youth and doing exceptionally well.. 

Fanaah at times i felt doesnt fit in the scheme of shows that Mtv audience usually see so that is a disadvantage too..

And some of you are making it sound that Fanaah was very bad this season but sorry i dont agree i loved watching it..

Fanaah had its share of mistakes but i really enjoyed watching it overall..
And specially the last week's episode were super rocking and indeed very gripping and kept me wanted for more and infact i m so really excited for the episode tomorrow, its precap was amazing... 

Its easy to criticise but hard to make so stop it please, remember the good things about the show and i m hopeful next season will be even better and hopefully mistakes will be rectified...
Edited by Amy07 - 9 years ago