Why Fanaah did not work ~ 10 reasons - Page 7

Posted: 9 years ago

as people said that rithvik is not "used" over here , so i would like to differ here.

rithvik was used too much . there are shows which the actors need so that they get work and fame but this show is different here the stars are needed for this show , so that the show could get some buzz. rithvik , karan and anita all were having their stardom , work and everything so it's not like that if the makers would not have used them then they would get nothing.

out of this anita and karan got to be a part of the show but rithvik track was nowhere seen , but still the channel kept the hopes high for vidhyut and rithvik and gave nothing , even now when two actors are ill they could have introduced the character of vidhyut instead of shutting it off , so in a way they used him
Originally posted by Gudakesha

I dont understand why Rithvik is blamed for not shooting for fanaah and going to capetown.

There was time when he hosted IBD, DID, did jhakak and shoot for PR together. And not to forget his international tours at the same time along with photoshoots and award functions.

Relax, first of all nobody is blaming Rithvik, he is hardworking and we know that... I think u dont realize photoshoots, awards are very different  from a reality show that too D2d which the contestants perform in extreme tough conditions and u expect him fly back from cape town again n again to complete his shoot here?

And then he did NB (which in itself is very time-consuming) and hosted YHA and did PR (and mind you guys his role was not cut short when he was taking part in NB, he was there in every episode at that time actively).
So the reason that he went to cape town for D2D and didnt shoot for Fanaah is absurd. When he can shoot for YHA cant he shoot for fanaah?
Nobody can deny that Rithvik is very hardworking but u cannot compare D2D and Nb bcos the situation is different. Nb was in Mumbai and hence he cud continue shoot where as D2d was in capetown and tht too for almost 45 days so u expect magic that he is there and he still shoots here n is seen in Fanaah or u expect the other cast to join him in capetown to shoot? 

The point is creatives couldnt create and strategy and organize their story.
Instead of wasting whole 2 months in flashbacks they could have showed few episodes in present, few in past or past in present like they showed in TVD but in a large scale. 

I agree to your points here the makers cud have planned a better stategy but u shud also think that the actors were given enough freedom to do what they want. I guess D2d shoot was suppossed to be for 30 days nd so they were waiting for Rithvik to return and start his track nd i guess their plans flopped big time So there is benefit of doubt here..

Just the sickness of two actors is not a reason to pull the show off air. They are hiding that they have no idea what to do next and how to execute next and perhaps havent written the script too. That's why they are giving excuse of actor's ill health to conceal their clueless-ness about next episodes.

You shud understand the show is not off air ok, its just season 1 that has finished nd season 2 will focus on 2014 track and as a Rithvik fan i can understand your disappointment but u shud understand from der POV it was not anybody's fault but the situation tht was out of hand..And they have already dragged enough right bcos of some unavoidable situations like that of Karan's rib fracture n even waiting for Rithvik so it was a wise decision  to start things fresh with 2014 track.. and the last episode was amazing and that makes me hopeful of a wonderful season 2 and even i enjoyed Fanaah overall.. I guess as a Rithvik fan your opinions are definitely going to biased bcos your reason of watching was him but just try to understand..And right now its not cheating as he is still a part of the show and season 2 wont come after too long so chill.. It wud be unfair and cheating only when he will no longer be a part of fanaah..

Edited by Amy07 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by shibz

Regarding using the actors for promotions.. Come on guyz..they were meant to b part of the show.. They still are unless the actors decide to quit. So how on earth was it "using"? I understand ppl who waited to see RD only kept waiting.. Same way even Kundra fans waited to see him in a new avtar-a Vampire which did not happen in the entire season.. Future with kundra is doubtful. So even we are equally disheartened. So far there was nothing in the show that we hadn't seen Karan doing before except that 'Vivaan' was too naive.

And yeah..the promotions kept actors in news. So the actors also benefited from that. It's just us fans here crying to see our favz..🥺

Exactly 👏
actually i loved d show very much...

i loved d way they saw it...

but it is a bit slow...
Originally posted by style14

FYI Rithvik's tweet on July 23rd 2014
Rithvik Dhanjani @rithvik_RD  

Hello guys thanks for loving #MTVFanaah and yes my entry in fanaah will be a few weeks later till then all I need is ur love and support :)

Clearly Rithvik had shot some of his scenes for Fanaah before he left for Dare 2 Dance and had expected that it would be shown few weeks later as the story progresses forward.

there is a high possibility of this shaili di . i remember rithvik told in his interview in the mid july before going to cape town that he is quite busy these days because the whole day he does reherasals of D2D and at the night shoots for fannah and i am sure for a actor like rithvik that one fight sequence didn't need two weeks to shoot . rithvik went to cape town on july 25th i.e 4 days after fannah started , so there is a high chance that he might have shot some of his scenes and if the makers wanted then for the time being they could have gone back and forth with other storylines and now since rithvik was back in the first week of september , then they could have shot more scenes with him and showed that instead of shutting the show for no reason.

but leave it shaili di here people are ready to either blame rithvik for being in cape town or blame rithvik fans that we are over reacting and we are wrong and the makers of the show are saint.🤢
I can't comment on the pace of the show because I literally, skipped the entire Dhara-Vivan childhood love story and began watching again from when the two are in college.

However, I liked the pace of the show AFTER the college track began. There were definitely loop holes and inconsistencies with the track in regards to significant details such as Anshuman losing his powers because of Preet, etc..

But this was one Indian supernatural show that was well done. I actually enjoyed it. If PKYEK was so loved despite it having horrendous actors and a cringe worthy storyline, and Fanaah doesn't work out even with the stupendous actors and interesting plot, I have no words for the Indian audience.

PKYEK was absolutely horrible. =/ Fanaah i found a refreshing story.

As for Rithvik, I'm glad they didn't rush his entry in the first season. I'm happy he'll be entering in the second season because they actually took time to develop his role in the story at the end of the first season.
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 9 years ago