Chapter 43

[CENTER]

Credit goes to xbeyondwordsx πŸ€—

But can I stop thinking of him ? 

No . 

Can I forget what he did ? 

No . 

I opened the door of the room . 

I collapsed on the floor and cried my heart out .  I heard a knock on the door . I opened it . 

Jiji is standing in front of the door . I moved a side and she entered inside . 

We both sat on the bed . I hugged her and cried my heart out . 

We broke our hug and she cupped my cheeks . 

Payal : Khushi , tell me what happened .. I'm your sister and best friend right ? So come on be a good girl and tell me what actually had happened . 

Khushi : Jiji .. 

I started crying more harder . 

Khushi : Jiji he tried to .. He .. He tried to force me . I pushed him away at the right time . He lost it and he called Aman for a girl .. 

I started to sob . She hugged me . 

Payal : Everything will be fine Khush . I'm there with you . May be he didn't even realise he was forcing you , may be he 

Bhabhi entered the room . 

Anjali : May be he thought it was mutual . 

Khushi : Bhabhi !! 

Anjali : I heard everything Khushi . 

She came and sat beside me . 

Anjali : But why did he suddenly thought of doing all this ?

Khushi : We saw the three couples romancing and he too expected the same from me . I said that we are not in any relation and  all that stuff .. He lost it . 

Payal : Khush , you have to stop crying for everything . Fight him Khushi . Show him that you are not weak that he will be plating with your feelings always ! Show him that he may be very powerful but not that powerful that he can suppress your feelings . Show him that you are not going to accept this side of his . 

Anjali : Payal is right Khushi . Show him that you are very strong . 

Khushi : But it isn't that easy Bhabhi . He is very strong . I can't fight him.

Payal : Start believing yourself Khushi . Have confidence in your self and you can fight anyone . 

It is not that easy . It is not easy to fight him . 

Payal : Khushi whatever it may be we are there with you Khushi . 

Anjali : Yes Khush . You will always have four of us with you . 

I know that they are always with me . 

I just simply nodded my head . 

Khushi : Jiji , Bhabhi it's really late now . You both go and sleep . I'm fine 

They both are examining me closely . 

Anjali : Are you sure ? 

Payal : Khushi , I'm your sister and you cannot lie to me . I know you need us now . 

Khushi : Jiji , I'm the one who loved Arnav . So I have to face all this . You are here now , but what if I have to face this situation when you are not in Delhi ? I have to fight alone right ! 

They nodded and left the room . 

NEXT DAY

I couldn't sleep properly last night . I wore my regular churidar and wore a sweater on top of it to cover those bruises which Arnav gave me . I will have to change as soon as I reach home . 

Again today I got up early . I heard a knock on the door . 

I opened the door . I saw Arnav sweating like yesterday . I moved aside and he entered . 

I locked the door . And turned back he is standing there observing me closely . I retarded to the kitchen and and drank a glass full of water . 

I turned around only to see Arnav standing in front of me .

I will not talk to him at any cost . I don't want to . And moreover I can't talk to him . 

He is standing rooted and still having that so called observing face . 

I walked across him . 

Arnav : Khushi , I need to talk to you . 

I started walking again . He caught hold of my wrist . 

Arnav : I have to talk to you . 

I wriggled to get free of his tight hold . Why does he give me so much of pain ? Can't he see those bruises which he gave me last night ? I turned teary . 

I didn't turn . I don't want to face him . 

Arnav : Look at me when I'm talking to you and stop struggling goddamn it . 

He sounded angry .

I turned with full force . 

Khushi : Why should I look at you ? And why should I stop struggling  ? Huh ? Now I have to get more pain form you ? Weren't your acts enough ? Should I have to face more ? What is your problem ? Just leave me . I don't want you . I hate you . Leave me now . 

I shouted back with the same anger . 

Arnav : Stop talking to me like that . No one has the guts to raise their voice in front of me . 

Khushi : You know what ? I don't care ! All I care is my safety . I don't want it to get manipulated . 

Arnav : Seriously Khushi ! You don't feel safe around me ? 

Khushi : No I don't . Because you are a monster . 

I started to squirm again . 

Arnav : Forget it and stop crying . I want  to say something . 

Khushi : What will you say ? That you are sorry for last night ! You weren't in your senses and all .. If so I'm not interested . 

Arnav : Shut up . I'm not sorry for anything . And for last night , not at all . Because it should happen between us some or the other day . So why would I feel sorry ! 

I am out if words . He isn't sorry when he almost forced me ! And all the bruises on my body didn't show him that it isn't mutual ! 

Arnav : Stop crying Khushi . You are not a kid . Grow up ! And  all I want to say is that you shouldn't go to work . Or else the consequences will be deadly . 

Khushi : Oh well ! Then I will surely go ! I'm not scared of you . Not anymore . 

He left me . 

Arnav : You will regret . Wait for few more hours . You will get a call which will make you sorry for raising your voice against me . 

Saying this he stormed out of the kitchen . 

I went back to my room and checked if I packed all my belongings . I laid on the bed . It is just 5 am now . 

The family will wake up after a half hour and assemble for daily prayers . 

I closed my eyes . All the flashes of last night haunted my memories . 

" Let it pain dammit .  You take me for granted . Don't you ? "

"  I'm not sorry for anything . And for last night , not at all . " 

His words ringed in my ears . 

How can he say that ? I tossed to the other side . 

" You know what ? When you hugged me in the rain , I felt something . I loved that feeling . Maybe it happened because  even you willingly hugged me . " 

" I know .. You still don't have the strength to love me the way you did before . " 

" Because I love you . " 

One minute he is a prince and the next minute he is a monster . How can I understand him ? 

He cannot be understood . He was like this even when we were small . I never understood him . 

I act as if I hate him . But I know I don't hate him . I like him . Like is not the word actually . But it cannot be termed as ' Love ' too . 

Because love is a big term . And my feelings are very weak as compared to Arnav . He feels so much for me . His feelings are really high . But I'm confused . 

I myself have no clarity . What do I feel for him ? 

I know I thought to say a yes to his proposal . But it wasn't because I loved him . It was because I wanted to see him happy . I wanted to give him immense happiness . 

But I thought he will not be ASR . But he is . 

I again turned towards the clock . 

5.25 am . 

I got up . I washed me face and dried it . 

I went down stairs and all the women gathered their . 

Jiji pulled me away and 

Payal : Hari Prakash ji keh rahe the ki tum Sade char baje hi need he agayi . Kyun ? Sab kuch teekh hai na ? [ HP was telling that you came down at 4.30 . Why ? Everything is fine right ? ]

Khushi : It is just that I couldn't sleep . 

Then I saw Arnav getting down along with the other men . 

We performed the morning ritual . 

Sudha : No beta , at least have your breakfast . 

Khushi : No Aunty we have to go . It's very late now . 

Sudha : Khushi beta , aren't you hiding something ? 

I nodded a no . 

Khushi : Nothing Aunty . I just don't want be here . I mean .. 

Sudha : Arnav ne kuch kiya ? [ Did Arnav do something ? ]

Khushi : Nahi toh [No he didn't . ] Aunty please don't ask me anything , let me go . 

I hugged her and we bursted out crying . We both were sobbing against each other's shoulders . 

We broke the hug . I cleared my tears. 

Khushi : Aunty now I have to leave . 

I exited the kitchen . Amma and bua ji are ready too . 

We bid bye to the whole family . I looked at Arnav and he is busy passing out angry glares at me . But I cannot help . I don't want to face him after last night . 

We got inside the car . And my mobile beeped . 

A message from Arnav . 

Arnav : Just 2 more hours .. And you will be out of Arman's office .. Remember , you yourself will resign .

Khushi : I will not . 

Arnav : Wait and watch sweet heart :)

What is he upto ? Why will I resign from there ? 

I closed my eyes . And all I could see was Arnav . I opened my eyes and started the car . 

GUPTA HOUSE

I had my breakfast . I then changed into a white salwar . I waved to my family and got inside the car . 

My phone started to ring . " Rupa Aunty " . 

Arman ji's mom ? Why is she calling me ? 

Khushi : Hello ! Aunty ? 

Rupa : Hello , Khushi bitiya !! Arman bitwa ka accident hua . Woh Tumhe milna chahta hai . [ Hello , Khushi ! Arman went through an accident . He wants to meet you .] Please come as soon as possible .. To City Hospital . 

Khushi : Ok Aunty , I will be there . 

I cut the call . Hey devimaya ! What just happened ? 

I drove as fast as I could to the hospital . I parked my car . 

Uncle was waiting for me in the entrance . He led me to Arman ji's room . 

I entered inside and his family remained outside . 

The door is closed . Arman ji is lying there injured on the bed . He is pale . Very pale . His arm is wrapped up in a bandage . And a bandage wrapped on his right leg . A small cotton ball is plastered on the forehead . 

My eyes became moist automatically . I went near him . I sat on the stool beside the table .

Khushi : Arman ji .. 

My was very low . Just as a whisper . 

He opened his eyes and looked at me . All I could do was cry after looking into his eyes . 

He raised his trembling hand and placed on my mine . 

Arman ji : I love you Khushi . 

He managed to say . 

Arman ji : Will you marry me ? 

How can I say him a " no " now ? In this situation ? And I don't want to give him any false hopes . 

Khushi : How did this happen ? 

Arman ji : A car came and crashed with my car . It isn't by mistake for sure . I think some of my rivals did that . 

' Rivals ' ? Is it Arnav ? 

No not at all . Arnav can never stoop so low . 

My phone beeped . 

Arnav : I'm in the parking area . 

So Arnav did this . How could he ? 

I stormed out of the room and barged into the empty parking lot . 

I then saw Arnav standing there with a smirk 

Khushi : How could you ? 

Arnav : You didn't listen to me ! And so you have to see what I can actually do ! 

Khushi : He could have lost his life ! 

Arnav : I warned them not to . I payed them for a minor accident . Don't worry he will be cured within a week . But only if you resign . 

Khushi : And what if don't ? 

Arnav : He will have to pay for his life ! 

Khushi : You will kill him ? 

Arnav : If you don't resign , then I'm left with no other option ! 

I always call him a monster , a beast . And today he proved me right !  How can he think of killing someone ?

Khushi : Arnav , if this is between us then let's sort it out ! Don't involve someone else in this ! Please and don't bet someone else's life ! Please . 

I was trembling ! Why wouldn't I ? Now I'm very scared of him . Standing in front of him is also horrible . 

Arnav : So resign . 

Khushi : Okay . I will . 

Arnav : Go and inform him now . 

Khushi : I'm not going to tell him but I will inform uncle . 

He nodded . 

I was going back to the room . 

Arnav : Your appointment letter is typed . 

I closed my eyes . I'm not going to work under him . Not again . 

Arnav : You will have to Khushi . 

I found uncle in the medical shop . I informed him about my resignation . 

Khushi : Uncle hum aapko letter kal de denge . [ Uncle , I will give the letter tomorrow ]

He simply nodded . 

Uncle : Aren't you marrying Arman ? 

Khushi : No uncle . I'm not interested in marrying him . Please make him understand . 

I went to the parking lot again . 

Arnav : Bahot der kardi Tumne . [ You took a lot of time ] so when are you planning to join AR ? 

Khushi : Never ! I'm not going to work under you in my life . I can find another job . And this time you cant do anything . 

Arnav : Mujhse sharat lagoage tho pachtoage . [ If you challenge me , you are going to regret it ]

Khushi : Dekh lenge . [ We will see ]. 

Arnav : See you soon in AR . 

Khushi : Why are you doing all this ? What do you want ? 

Arnav : You . I want marry you . 

Khushi : Do you even know the meaning of marriage Arnav ? First prove yourself to be fit for wedding . Then start talking about marriage . And my family will never accept you . 

Arnav : What if they already know about all this ? 

Khushi : What ? 

Arnav : Your family knows about our love since the second day you joined AR . I personally went to your house and proposed your hand for marriage . Your mother checked our horoscopes too . She said they matched perfectly . Anyways I don't believe in horoscopes and god . You know . 

I stormed into my car and drove with full speed . 

Amma and bua ji knows all this very well . And still they never planned to tell anyone . Not even jiji . 

I reached home in no time . 

Khushi : Amma !! How can you do this to me ? Aur app bua ji ? Even you couldn't tell me that You both know about this since then ! 

Bua ji : Arnav bitwa wanted us to keep quiet and so we did . 

Khushi : And you both were helping him . What about my feelings bua ji ? Amma , you love him so much right ! You never could see what your da other feels for him ? And you even failed to know how he is ! He is a monster Amma ! He always breaks my heart ! He is not faithful enough for me to marry him ! 

Amma : He is the perfect match for you Khushi . 

I stepped inside my room . I collapsed on the floor and started to cry . Why is he doing this to me ? Now I have to find a job . Or else how can I manage my family needs ? 

But my job will never last long . He will do something to get me back in his so called office . 

Just then an offer struck me . I took my mobile and called Rakesh uncle . 

Khushi : Hello uncle , hum Khushi Bol rahe hai [ Hello , uncle . This is Khushi ]

Rakesh : Haan , Haan bitiya ! How are you ? 

Khushi : I'm fine uncle . How is your family ? 

Rakesh : We all are doing well beta . Acha beta , why did you call me so suddenly ? 

Khushi : Uncle , remember you offered me a project ? I want to do it now ! Is the project still pending ? 

Rakesh : Of course beta ! Didn't I tell you ? That you are the only person who can play that role . We can never imagine to cast someone else in this ! 

Khushi : Uncle but I have a problem . There's a guy falling back of me . He is very powerful . He already made all the companies reject me . 

Rakesh : He can never do anything to you in this profession beta . Even if it is someone as big as Arnav . You know him ? He is the king of fashion industry ! Even if it is him whose falling back of you , he can't do anything because media is involved ! 

That's it . I got a job . 

Khushi : Uncle I will do it . I will sign the project on a good day . 

Next update after 100 likes .  Chapter 44 

For PMs buddy scroll down

Silent readers at least like so that I will know who are reading this story ...
Edited by Payaash - 9 years ago
-PayaashPM thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
FOR PMS

From mid of September or October , I will start sending PMs from this account . 

New readers directly buddy this account for PMs .

=> New pm rules are : 

~ New readers should at least comment once on the thread and  then send buddy request . 
~ Regular readers should like and comment regularly .
~ The ones who are not responding to the pm will be removed immediately . 

I know these are sounding rude but what to do . Life is getting busier day by day . So I shall not waste time by sending PMs . 

Anyways as I always say first like and then comment . If you are busy then you can comment later but do comment when you are free again .

If you want to make our work easier then send buddy request directly .
Edited by -PayaashPM - 9 years ago
Sona257 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
I don't know what to say about arnav.. He's so strange.. He really behaves like a monster.. Feel bad for khushi.. Can't wait to c how she is going to work in that project..
Loved the update dear!  
And all the best for ur exams :-D 
candyjan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
That was awesome update dear
All the best dear for ur examsEdited by candyjan - 9 years ago
Raadhiyaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
arnav is lyk a psycho yar

Angeline124 thumbnail
Lovely update. Donno y but I like this arnav πŸ˜‰ !!!!! Thanks for the pm!!!