Delena One Shot-"To have and to hold..." Updatd page 5 Oct 5

Paint.It.BlacK. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Hola! :) Well I am an huge VD fan and an ardent Delena shipper! Yes-although i undoubtedly like Stephan like- a lot lot..but its always Delena for me. 😳 and this is one concept that i just got out of the blue one fine day and i just had to pen it down! Well scrapping my speech, this is going to be a One Shot-and the story will end in just 2 parts. :)so here's the 1st part am posting. Hope you will enjoy it. 😊so here it goes!

Elena squirmed. She felt a wild restlesness inside her. Every nerve in her body throbbed frantically.

Damon was sitting in front of her. And Elena couldnt suppress the enermous joy she felt at the sight ! They were before each other after some few months yet it felt as though like ages had gone by that she was seeing him.

His eyes were half open while his face white and extremely pale lolled sideways as Leira contantly tried to support his body from falling. It was clear enough that Damon had no single power over his body. He was thin and as feeble as a leaf--something that Elena had never seen him like before. the banging inside her heart doubled as she watched his wretched condition without blinking her eyes.

Leira held his weakend body and made him seat in the corner sofa. "he needs blood. Badly! " she replied before Elena could open her mouth to ask what had happened to him. "he is almost bloodless--unless we arrange enough blood-he is nt going to make it." throwing a glance at Elena she turned her head to Stephan who was standing just beside them.

"his state would worsen if we dnt--" Leira whirled past Stephan and was right in front Elena before she could put the kitchen knife at her own neck. "are you insane ? Dn't you know how dangerous it could be?" she widened her eyes. There was a warning note in her tone. Stephan didnt move. He was transfixed staring at Elena with a stupefied expression on his face. Elena turned her eyes from Leira to Damon.

The last time they met that night 3months ago, Damon was waiting to hear her say what she had always felt somewhere inside her but had failed to catch the beat of those emotions. Damon had been waiting at the door to make her choice; but she had returned him with nothing but silence in return. The words he had wanted to hear and Elena had wanted to say was never pronounced.

Now when she saw him in front of her she wanted nothing more but to give him whatever joy she felt inside her every fibre at seeing him so close. She wanted to let him have her everything if that was possible. Even if that meant her 'life.'

From Damon's dead like figure her eyes darted back to Leira. "but-why not ? It would make him better!" her voice was desparate and urging. " he would gain--"

"are you seriously in your right mind ?" "You're trying to lure him--??" "he is starving Elena--and at a moment like this-blood--especially yours could blow him out of his senses!" Elena stared dissaproving and heatedly. Suddenly She felt angry and repulsed. She wanted to help Damon recover. She wanted to see him alright and for that she wanted to do anything that she could. And here Leira was telling her whether she had lost her mind? Why-what wrong had she done? Was her attempt at doing her bit was so worthless? She pleaded, "but why nt--" she was going to demand but Leira made her stop." Dnt you know-how much power your mere appearance holds on him -that you were going to throw an open invitation ? " Elena stared and then it dawned upon her. She inhaled sharply. "you mean-oh yes i-course-" she looked once again at the feeble Damon. "ya-i get now-what you mean-i-well-sorry but" she breathed deeply and turned her eyes fast at Leira "I want to do it anyway! I'm nt afraid. Not from Damon-No! He wnt ever-" Leira stopped her immediately. "i know Elena he wnt hurt you. Ever. Not the human Damon. Yes. But this is nt him! He is out of this realm now. His senses are completely turned off which only means right now he is a threat-a danger and wait-let me speak first." Leira waved her hand before Elena could redicule her. "he is a danger nt only to you but himself as well. The moment he tastes your blood it will turn him into an animal-it will turn off whatever little humanity there is left inside him-completely, and then we wnt be able to save him. And it will be their jackpot! Because that's what they exactly want! Cn't you see--to grasp and kill him the moment he becomes friendless --that's what they're looking for ! Alone! They want him alone, friendless-defeated . The moment he realises what he had done he will kill himself anyway! Do you think he would want to live after harming you? And we shouldn't do anything that would let them win." she finished and gave a long determined look at Elena.

Elena looked at Damon.

I felt shaken. A helpless--sharp pang stabbed me from inside. Here was Damon in front of me-Damon-my Damon-yet i cnt do anything for him! I cnt help him-when he needs me the most ? I cnt--here i-i'm-to give myself-my life to him--yet that's nt enough! " Elena felt battered and torn. Tears gleamed her eyes but Elena mutely nodded without further debate. "I want-i cn't do this-okay. But i want to be useful, i want to do som-something for him! I just cn't stand idly and watch him like this--Please !" the quiver and plead in her voice so intense and harder this time that Leira came forward and touched her arm, her eyes gave a gentle look at her anxious face. "you can--just it shouldnt be direct. If you could just arrange--" and before Leira could even finish Elena had elongated her left hand and made a swift movement with her right hand over it so that a deep cut appeared on her left wrist from which blood began to spill out in thick red colour. "here " Elena held her hand over a small cup and spueezed the cut so that blood began to fall in drops and in few seconds the cup had 1 and a half full. ""please give this much to him-" she eyed Damon anxiously. "he needs it. You can have blood bags -but they would take time to be arranged. For now this will keep him at least alive! Please-else he will-he might--" Elena gulped, she couldnt word it. Stephan nodded and so did Leira. She took the cup from Elena and held it against Damon's dry lips.
Stephan left to fetch blood.

Elena watched as Damon feverishly emptied the cup in one swift gulp. Slowly his breathing that was rapid moments before, eased.
He licked the remaining blood from his lips and closed his eyes.
Elena moved toward where Damon was seated. There were fresh stains of blood over his mouth that he had just finished drinking.

"Let me-"
Leira looked up at her uncertainly but when she saw the determined expression on Elena's face she knew it's no point arguing with her. So she rose and left her with Damon.

Elena took the cloth in her hand and sat beside him. With a cautious but gentle lift she wiped the stains of blood from his lips and the line around his mouth. Damon's eyes were only mildly alert, most of the look the blue stare gave were unfocused and cold. Whether he had any clue that it was Elena beside him, seemed too frail a thought.
Silently she threw the cloth away in the basket when his face appeared clean enough.

A gloomy feel fastened around her mind, body and soul as Elena continued to stare at him. Her heart vigorously pounded against her chest. She could nt explain to anyone how she felt at the moment. A lump formed in her throat and Elena felt a weird terrible dread mount inside her.
This is not how she had wished to see him back. This was nt how they were supposed to end. No ! Fear closed over her. A sinking feeling rose inside her chest and she stiffened in unsermountable pain.
Looking at Damon Elena tried her best to calm herself.

Damon had leaned his head back over the sofa. His eyes were closed. Elena slowly tucked her hand around his arm and leaned herself on his shoulder. Tears trickled down her eyes. She had never imagined to see Damon return like this-ever.
She couldnt say whether it was hours or just minutes before she finally heard his breathing become steady. It was very feeble. But steady. Elena sat up straight.
"Damon--" her voice was a mere whisper but loud enough for Damon to hear. But when she didnt get any reply or nod in return that would tell he had heard her, Elena rose. She might just call Leira, because she herself was too nervous to act on her own. Perhaps Damon need some help that only Leira --a long term friend come vampire can only understand? And Not her? She was just about to turn when she felt a hold on her hand and Elena jerked around, a sense of immense relief and a feel of rapid anxiety fired her body. Elena found herself looking at his deep eyes those unlike other time were less blue and a little disoriented. Damon didn't blink his eyes and Elena understood his unspoken words and once again without wasting a second she sat beside him, this time her body more close to his, as her hands fastened around his palm more firmly.

"Something was happening inside me as his eyes bore into mine. That weird feel of pain mixed with longing at his long absence that now met with a relief so intense that my breath caught, his existence so near my own, fast coursed a deep numbness through my veins. As if my eyes still couldn't believe that Damon was in front me.
"It was so difficult to keep my emotions on check when Damon bored at me with those deep bottomless eyes of his like he was undressing my soul and ripping my naked feelings to lay bare. The feeling itself was so immensely embarassing that i immediately felt uneasy and red under his gaze. I went on to say something that I longed to ask when Leira and Stephan both entered the room with couple of blood bags that would apparently be sufficient for Damon at the moment. Slowly unclasping my hand from Damon's hold i stoop up at what was a slight nod from Leira and made myself move to the far corner from where i watched as Stephan handed Damon a blood bag marked as B negative and he began to drink it hungry and feverishly. In no time he finished more than half of the blood bags they had bought for him.
When Damon waved his hand and leaned his head aside did Leira took that as an "enough" note and gave a sign toward Elena with her jade green eyes. Elena obeyed and drew herself near her to follow what she had to say.

Half an hour later Elena prepared up herself mentally. Leira had told her that in order to save Damon they must flee. If they get hold of him in his weakened state they would definitely manage to kill him. And they knew Elena was his weakness plus an human, and so they would use her as a pawn to trap him. Hence there was only one way to save both herself and Damon, till he gets his strength back and that was --to run! They had to run for the time being to keep eachother safe. Leira also stated that it meant they should be together, no matter where they go they should stick by eachother. And then she handed Elena a bag full of blood bags which Elena knew she had to accept for the sake of Damon.

It was a dry and hot afternoon when Elena reached the tall building with Damon beside her. The sky had a strange tint of blue in this world, a kind that Elena had never seen before. She stepped at the gates as Damon went to gather information. Damon was physically so weak and powerless that it was not possible for him to even fight to save his own self, and fighting for Elena was even more impossible an idea to even consider. At the moment his strength was as weak as his defence was. And Damon knew it. He knew it too well and that was why more than saving himself he was worried for Elena. He knew having him with her was nt enough now and so he had chosen a place like this.
Elena stood stoicly gazing at the huge tower, thinking that it was the only choice Damon had right now. So he had to. For the Damon who was arrogant to always rely on his strength alone--this was like an insult to his power. But now was nt the time to dwell on such things even he knew it.

Elena remembered, she had been told that this was the place where Vampires who abided by the rules and guidelines of their own world, were given shelter whenever they felt the need for it. It was a kind of hiding place for them.

Under the glittering sunlight the whole place appeared deserted.
There was no one in the vicinity. It was oddly calm. She could hear nt the faintest sound.

A strange stillness reigned all around the empty lane and in the ground around the tall building.

Elena was beginning to consider the awkard stillness with a mild nervousness and trepidation. She was nt afraid. But an odd sense of deja vu & restlessness cascaded her. It just didn't felt right.
Like Something was going to happen. Elena turned around and before she could go frantic Damon was there by her side.

Damon pulled her hand in his strong grip. The hold was not hard but gentle and assuring. Elenla immediately felt safe. It was after a long time since their meeting that Damon had willingly held her hand.

Damon stepped forward and Elena not asking any question, merely followed him.

They were inside the building and Elena followed as Damon took her. They passed many corridors, alleys, sub-alleys, by-lanes and at last before Elena could realise she found herself in a tall- gigantic room.

Wherever Elena lay her eyes it was white--like the entire room had been drowned in white pool. Damon was still holding her hand, while Elena regarded the large room with her mildly surprising eyes.

The room was big- so big and wide that in length it resembled a tennis court, the ceilling so high that Elena couldn't see where the end was. Damon had closed the only door. So now they were standing, completely alone in an empty room.
Finally he let go of her hand and Elena sat on the white floor feeling the surface neither cold nor too warm. She saw a can beside her and felt a pair of gaze on herself. She turned to find Damon too crouched beside her- eyeing her without a word. Elena looked into his blue eyes and understood what he meant. Even in extreme troubled times- like this, when their life was at stake, Damon couldnt forget not to think about her. He probably knew that she had nt eaten anything for the last 24 hrs and wanted to make sure she had something before the final battle arrived.

Elena drank the energy juice without any protest-not even enquiring to know where did he find it. She just knew it was Damon and that everything was possible when she was with him.

The room was devoid of anything, nt even a single piece of furniture was anywhere to be seen.
It was just blank-like it had some other purpose to serve.

Elena was tired. she closed her eyes and leaned herself on the wall. A second later Elena inhaled the rich mint scent mixed with almond--that was Damon's familiar smell and had Elena taken in its hold many a times in the past.
She paused her breath to keep the fragrance little longer inside her, a weird fear and yet an elation of having him back--this close to her-produced an odd kind of mixed feeling that Elena wasnt sure how to tackle. She exhaled slowly and looked at him. Damon too had closed his eyes and was leaning across the wall. The run and this tensed situation they were in- had clearly weighed upon him. Plus there was his physical weakness that he had to deal with. Right now it was dangerous for him to be around any living human and yet here she was--Elena Gilbert sitting with him. Anyone she knew who was her well wisher would have furious and should have strongly objected to this arrangement, but Elena did nt care. Somehow it was her belief upon their relation and trust she had on him that Damon would never ever hurt her-no matter what he is or no matter how the circumstances are, he would always stand by her, not against her.

She didnt knew how much time they had, how long will they be able to prevent them--and yet she wanted nothing but to have him with her. Elena sighed and not thinking further leaned her head on him. Damon reacted instantly by pulling her and giving her ease to be close enough to feel comfortable. He put his hand around her and Elena immediately felt herself safe in his arms. They were close, so close now, that Elena could feel his dead heart right beneath. Her ears so close that she could almost hear the blood pumping mildly through his weak limbs. And at that moment Elena didnt care how dangerous this could be--she didnt care what would happen if a weak Damon felt tempted by the warm blood that ran through her veins--or what would happen if he forgets who Elena was and simply considered her as a food. She thought none of it, all she cared was to have him with her. She could die to have this moment-anytime.

Elena felt she couldnt get enough of this moment. She wanted to stay this way forever. She was beginning to take small peaceful breathes before she felt the furious change. Damon had stood upright, his pale handsome face tense and alert. While his eyes watched the door severely his left arm that was until now embracing Elena, pulled her up and held her more strongly, with whatever strength was still left in his body.

Elena knew instantly that they weren't safe, that danger was right outside the door. Next moment they were looking at each other, the silence between them filled the unspoken words and both knew what the other felt. They knew they might never get another chance to verbalize their feelings aloud. Elena now regretted the times she had taken to lull over their relation and the limitless time she had accumulated to sort out their chemistry. She had taken Damon for granted for too long and now Elena wished she had the chance to cover all that she had missed. She desparately wished she could turn the wheel of time so she could make out for all the great time she had lost in the past. She hoped she could tell him what he meant to her, she hoped she could stop time for once and tell him what he had waited to hear for a long time.
But unfortunately TIME was that one thing they couldnt afford right now. They stared at eachother in silence. Damon's extremely tired and weakend feature couldn't cover the intense emotion of his eyes and Elena knew instantaneously, that the feeling they share now was mutual. She could see and feel the frustration and desparateness in him...but just like her Damon knew they didnt have time for it, not now. "But will they could have..ever?" Elena wondered and a stiffled pain jagged at her throat. Damon pulled her hand and held it tightly.

And then there was Stephan, right in front Elena, holding her gaze he nodded at them slightly. It meant, --Time to Run!

And please drop your views and let me know what you think. Whether you loved or hated it. I really need to know what your thoughts are. So Please respond! Will look forward to your comments.😳

take care all of you.🤗
Edited by Paint.It.BlacK. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AngelWings thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
That was a well written OS Indu and u have depicted Elena's emotions beautifully 👏 and though Damon's part came in much later and didn't last long it left an impact. I have not watched from season 3 onwards, so am not sure from which part of TVD u have written this OS. I donno who Leira is but I am assuming she is a vampire. And whom are they running from? Why did Damon end up in that state? And you called him a human 😕 Sorry I know I am bugging you but I really donno what happened from season 3 onwards  except that Elena became a vampire and she and Damon got together. 

Elena surely took him for granted and now when she sees him in this fragile state her heart bleeds for him. She'd do anything to save him, probably put her life at stake though that would be a foolish thing to do considering what Leira or Stefan have to say about it. But she can't sit back n let magic do the wonder for there is no such thing and I liked the fact that she took matters into her own hand and to revive him enough so that he gets onto the road of recovery she gave him her blood.

Damon - my heart goes out to him 😭 He is weak, fighting with life to regain back his strength so that he could protect his one true love and not become a liability to her. And I hope they stay safe  Not getting a good feeling about it.

Please continue 😳
Edited by AngelWings - 9 years ago
bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Beautiful OS. Finally got time to read it :) Can't wait to see what happened after this. It is so amazing. Continue soon please!!Edited by Temptations. - 9 years ago
pontiacbandit thumbnail
reserved. thanks for the PM! =)
I really sorry for taking so long to read this one. But I loved t so muc. So I guess it was worth the wait. I really like the setting of your one-shot. Elena is still human and all that. I'm curious to know what happened to Damon and who thu are running from. Very well penned. Can't wait for the next part.
Edited by somergasm. - 9 years ago
TVD-IANcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome Divs. 🤗 This was soo brilliant. You writing on Delena. Too good. Love this. Love the concerned Elena. Damon is so miserable and still he cares for her. Damn you Damon. Why are you soo freaking awesome.
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
That was a beautiful OS Indu
AngelWings thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
updated comments aboveEdited by AngelWings - 9 years ago
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
amazing os.
damon and elena are far better here then the way they were shown in the show.  it was beautifully written . i am not a delena shipper i luv stelena but the emotions of elena and damon were described well..the concern she had when she saw damon in that condition was just lovely.
Edited by MS-meghasharma - 9 years ago
Sh_Abhiya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update , th'gh I'm not fan of TVD but I like elena n damon part n his concerned for her
thank u
Syed695 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely OS!!! Awesome n thanks for the PM!!