Some characters we miss!!

varshitap thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
   Hello Friends,
               The forum is silent , so I thought why not remember some old characters in G.D who made the show interesting and worth watching. As of now G.D has become a hotchpotch of so many stories!! that the old charm is somewhat missing!!😕 
   So here are some of the characters who I feel did a tremendous job but now are no more visible in G.D
1. Nikhil's Dadaji -  I feel the C.V's never used his potential to the fullest. He was portrayed as a stern disciplinarian who had a heart and certain principles. On one hand he stood for righteousness and on the other his principles gave agony to his daughter Anuradha.  Though he was a strong charcter, his silence when Barkha asked Nikhil to abandon Laajo was surprising!!  Even his absence when Laajo won the competition was conspicuous.

2. Anuradha Bua - She was a sweet and mature character. She stood for emancipation for those village woman who were victims of societal compulsions, being a victim herself. I would have loved to see her blessing Laajo after she won the dance competition, after all she was Laajo's  first Guru. 

3.Laajo's parents and sisters: I really miss the Sonbarsa touch to the story now, and Laajo's parents and sisters were so much fun to watch. They brought that special element that made Laajo  what she is today. They have just disappeared!!  Hope we have a Sonbarsa track with Laajo's Mai and her Jhadoo and ofcourse  Paarbati!!😆   

4.Doctor Kaka, Bansi and Putti- Doctor Kaka  the savior, was a sweet character and Bansi and Putti's characters showed how difficult it is to be in Love in a village with all the societal discriminations. However Bansi and Putti showed a lot of immaturity!!😕

5.Chachu - His character was the most missed one. His maturity, fairness and humane approach to problems made him a hero. But some where down the line the C.V's just did not give importance to such a positive character where as they have been running around with all negativity - Barkha!!
The sad part is that Chachu was absent when Nikhil needed his support the most!!

6. Meera ( Mami ji) - She was a very womanly, sweet and warm character. Though her views were not appreciated by her husband ,though secretly acknowledged by Nani!! She was there to show that High society status doesn't mean you should stop being yourself. What a contrast with Barkha!!
  I liked the way she put up with her tantrum queen mother-in-law (Nani)!!😉

7. Old Gunja - How I wish she was back!!  She had a very good chemistry with Nikhil, her body language, emotions were all so perfect. If anyone was there for Nikhil or for that matter Laajo it was that old Gunja. She gave a new dimension to the story when Nikhil and Laajo were like two islands , she was the bridge!! But the new Gunja does not have that connection with Nikhil or Laajo...That's really sad!!

8. Sheila Aunty - She was a negative character, the mean, rude governess or Nikhil's nanny!! I hate her though, but feel that her wickedness seemed real and made Laajo's sufferings look more painful. I can never forget that Sholay scene with Sheila aunty as Gabbar Singh!!😆 I wanted her to be there to see the sophisticated Laajo  aka Trishna!!

So friends, there are many more characters which I couldn't include here in my list ( like Ishana , her mom, Chaya di (who we get to see) , Ranjo's boyfriend Cobra etc) If you feel I have left out some, please feel free to add.   This post is just revisiting the old days with some memorable characters.

Edited by varshitap - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hema48 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You know what Varsha the other day I was pondering on those characters we don't see at all and here you are with this post! So true though I feel like these characters added so much colour, life to the show and all of that is so missing nowadays!
Specially Chachu, even Rishi we haven't seen for a while except the other day when Laajo was being questioned by the family! Old Gunja was so good, this one I'm sorry but I can't relate to her! She moans too much!
Of course all those characters of Sonbarsa were unique in their ways and the show I feel has lost that touch, it's no longer that appealing and to be honest I have lost interest in this show ...
Thanks
Edited by Hema48 - 9 years ago
londonkababu thumbnail

Chachuji was always there for Nikhil and he always brought a sense of calmness in that mad house.
The  Sonbarsa characters were amazing, so true.

Shaila aunty, it would have been great to see her face  after Trishna's success.

I did not like Anjali initially but she kinda grew on me.

Of the new characters, I think Mr.Ranawat - the Don, plays his part well. He  is scary.

It would be nice if they brought Ishana as a guest visitor.

I think that they have brought this new Gunjan in for a reason, she looks more mature in years to the old Gunjan as a pairing for Sagar for the future perhapes.

ASH_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey Varsha, Nice post yar.. Really missing all those characters.. specialy sonbarsa team.. !!

And how could we forget Parbati..!!  I love Lajjos. Little sisters too..so cute..

Hope Lajjo go to see his parents in Sonbarsa and we all will have a real treat to watch them togather in the Pkhara.. 😆
Hema48 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It seems like old Gunja is back! I couldn't believe it so many Life Ok does listen to us. I had actually tweeted about the old Gunja anyway pleased to see her:)
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I am missing dadaji and anuradha bua and chachu the most
even shaila aunty.
Laajo's parents will come back very soon I feel .
 I do feel that story is pretty decent now a days , I like jasmine's addition...and I like harry

ASH_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes me too like harry. He is actually a great actor. I have seen him in some other shows as well.
Jasmin as a new commer doing a great job too.

And I am do glad our Gunja is back!! She was looking so pretty today simle and sober.
I think this is the beauty of this show!!
varshitap thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hema48

You know what Varsha the other day I was pondering on those characters we don't see at all and here you are with this post! So true though I feel like these characters added so much colour, life to the show and all of that is so missing nowadays!

Specially Chachu, even Rishi we haven't seen for a while except the other day when Laajo was being questioned by the family! Old Gunja was so good, this one I'm sorry but I can't relate to her! She moans too much!
Of course all those characters of Sonbarsa were unique in their ways and the show I feel has lost that touch, it's no longer that appealing and to be honest I have lost interest in this show ...
Thanks

Thanks Hema, I could make you happy!😊 All these characters were so real and they made us get involved in the show. Chachu ji and Family's story was just forgotten!!!  I felt Laajo will be a link to get together Chachu and Anjali and make Anjali realize that her decision to concentrate on career was fine , but she had some responsibility towards her kids. This would help Rishi to get to know the facts.  I am happy that the old Gunja is back!! yippee!!  She has that connect with Nikhil which the new one was way behind. Her subtle expressions and timidity made her look so real. The new Gunja was sort of loud!! and did not match the frame. Its nice that they heard us this time!!
  Me too miss Sonbarsa!!  I wanted Nikhil and Laajo to have some moments near Pokhara  which is Laajo's fav. haunt!!  But when everything had just begun..we had enter the dragon !! Barkha!!😡 I hope after all this Ranawat mess we get a pure Sonbarsa track...hope somebody is listening!! 

varshitap thumbnail
Originally posted by: londonkababu

Chachuji was always there for Nikhil and he always brought a sense of calmness in that mad house.

The  Sonbarsa characters were amazing, so true.

Shaila aunty, it would have been great to see her face  after Trishna's success.

I did not like Anjali initially but she kinda grew on me.

Of the new characters, I think Mr.Ranawat - the Don, plays his part well. He  is scary.

It would be nice if they brought Ishana as a guest visitor.

I think that they have brought this new Gunjan in for a reason, she looks more mature in years to the old Gunjan as a pairing for Sagar for the future perhapes.

I agree Jatinder, Chachu stood for calmness and maturity and the good thing about Chachuji was that he accepted his mistakes and stopped others from doing it again. According to me a person who has the humility to accept mistakes is a strong person.  Nikhil shared a special relationship with him and Gunja more special than that with Inder  and Ayesha. Chachu's presence would have made G.D more watchable. Honestly , I hate this Ranawat  track its boring!! Only a Sonbarsa  track would bring some cheer...but I don't think it is coming soon .
   Anjali was a great revelation!! It shows that people become prejudiced if they know only one side of the story!! 
  Shaila Aunty was all the spice required to make wickedness look more wicked!!😆 I miss her pungent words and penetrating stares!! Wonder how would she react to Trishna!!😉
   In the acting dept. All the Ranawats are doing a good job!!  somehow the story is getting lazy and unyielding!!  OMG I don't want a cocktail of Ishana and Jasmine right now!!😲   We cannot digest two disgruntled obsessive ladies at the same time!!  If that happens , Nikhil may take Sanyas!!🤢
   Lets see if old Gunja can create the same magic!!😊
varshitap thumbnail
Originally posted by: ASH_99

Hey Varsha, Nice post yar.. Really missing all those characters.. specialy sonbarsa team.. !!

And how could we forget Parbati..!!  I love Lajjos. Little sisters too..so cute..

Hope Lajjo go to see his parents in Sonbarsa and we all will have a real treat to watch them togather in the Pkhara.. 😆

Thanks ASH, Happy you liked the post.  Yeah its a while , when we last saw Sonbarsa characters !! I miss them and all the fun.  Hope to see Nikhil and Laajo spend some time in Sonbarsa near Pokhara and of course with out Paarbati around else Nikhil will have to shell out  "Chou sou rupiye"  for the misadventure!!😆
  Me too miss Dhani and Lakhiya!! they were so cute!!😊