What Indian PHs can learn from Pakistan!

SwishCrawley thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Thought I must share this article with you guys. πŸ˜ƒ

Also, FAWAD KHAN IS THE BEST. πŸ˜†

http://www.mensxp.com/entertainment/gossip/23846-10-things-indian-television-needs-to-learn-from-pakistani-tele-serials.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NaijaLuv88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Shibs...πŸ˜›πŸ˜³
I agree with majority of the things that the article states...except for the acting in some cases. There are some really talented actors and actresses in Indian television...its just that when we see them, their series are not on TV for so long as it doesn't fall for the same maltreatment, abuse, and other form of violence that most women undergo on TV.
Or, they are supporting characters and are so underused that its just downright so freaking ridiculous that the writers are just wasting talent.

The one thing that I find that is also important is the limited number of episodes and a SET and CLOSE script.

Pakistani serials, like the article said, has 20-25 episodes which means a closed script and there is a step by step progression of the story and you know that it will conclude in the end. What the article stated, which is true, regular Indian TV are so driven for TRP's that they will pull out any nonsense that can help serve for more viewership.

Another thing that also shocked and surprised me was the liberation front of women...which is sooo...sooo freaking true. When I watched Zindagi Gulzar Hai, I was absolutely shocked that for once a women was slowly holding the reins and lifting her family even higher in the ranks. So many times, in so many shows we get promises of a girl who will help change her family, will be the first, stands for justice, and will strive for education and truth and once again she is hurried off married, struggle with her in laws, then two or three years later maybe, just maybe she might have a chance (if the CV's are interested) in seeing her meeting it halfway. Even when they try to bring in serious issues, they make a mess out of it as they never sufficiently resolve it or make it into a more realistic approach where the guy fully pays. For instance in Bobby's case in Meri Bhabhi...that was horrible. For the simple fact he abused and made Shraddh'a life a living wreck and slander her and family's name in the mud and he got off 2 million richer from it...just didn't sit well with me. that to me was the most stupidest thing ever...that they couldn't pull in the neighbor that used to watch over Dhruv when they were living in Mumbai just...just never made sense to me.

The background score...I never had a problem with it, (I have watched much worse where there is a background score in literally in every scene) so its not that bad...the only one that made me cringe was the loud Rangrasiya song they used to just play it at the most randomness of moments and so high-pitched.
Edited by najialuv88 - 9 years ago
Nobody27 thumbnail
Exactly the same reasons i love pak shows...most noticeable fact those shows doesn't want a female lead with superficial tolerating powers, vamp or villian, heavy accessories and uncontrollable crying drama to make a show success...Their stories are beautifully woven together and i dare not breathe for missing something, because not a single scene is wasted in that dramas ..i always wonder what we are watching in our shows for me our trp dramas has nothing to do with our normal life...
ZGH amazed me the first ever show i loved every bits... I never thought i would love ZGH so much, specially Fawad and Sanam...Evry single scene of ZGH was applausable...For me the onscreen pairing of Fawad Khan and Sanam Saeed is one of the best, one of the most natural one I have ever come across...their every single gesture as Zarun-Kashaf looked so real and natural that I am not exaggerating when I say I can watch all their scenes millionth times...Kashaf is the most humanized charactr on screen...i think i hav found a new version of elizabeth and darcy in zaroon and kashaf...and yes fawad he is simply perfect and always rises above the script...all thanks to zindagi channelπŸ˜†

Edited by -treesa- - 9 years ago
-Red-Rose- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Woww...superb article and so true!!⭐️
  • Finite no of episπŸ˜ƒ
  • No character is completely black or whiteπŸ‘πŸΌ
  • Realistic approach towards life

Thx so much for sharing Shivu!!πŸ˜ƒ
nabni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Superb article.

Thanks for sharing shivu.

I have observed one thing, Pakistani people make the best television shows and we Indians make the best movies. Thats why Fawad Khan is in a Bollywood film.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Jokes apart..i totally agree with this article.

Their shows are by far the best shows i have ever seen in my life. ZGH,Humsafar,Aunn Zara,Kahi Ankahi are very realistic shows based on realistic stories. 

Also the characters are so real. I just loved the growth of Kashaf's character from an insecure,arrogant individual to a secured lovely wife without compromising her values. She didnt go to cooking class to impress her conservative, narrow minded husband.

I love the comic timings in Aunn Zara. Their nokjhoks are so natural nokjhoks without insulting eachother.

What can i say about the music. Tum kahti ho and the title track of ZGH,Humsafar title track are my fav. 

I have stopped watching Indians shows these days.

SwishCrawley thumbnail

Originally posted by: najialuv88

Thanks for sharing Shibs...πŸ˜›πŸ˜³

I agree with majority of the things that the article states...except for the acting in some cases. There are some really talented actors and actresses in Indian television...its just that when we see them, their series are not on TV for so long as it doesn't fall for the same maltreatment, abuse, and other form of violence that most women undergo on TV.
Or, they are supporting characters and are so underused that its just downright so freaking ridiculous that the writers are just wasting talent. 
[Yes, we have talented actors, too, and I agree that the characters written for them are one-dimensional, there's hardly any scope for them to showcase how talented they really are.]

The one thing that I find that is also important is the limited number of episodes and a SET and CLOSE script. [Yes, I don't mind watching reruns if the show absorbs me right into it. And, every story deserves a plausible end.]

Pakistani serials, like the article said, has 20-25 episodes which means a closed script and there is a step by step progression of the story and you know that it will conclude in the end. What the article stated, which is true, regular Indian TV are so driven for TRP's that they will pull out any nonsense that can help serve for more viewership. 
[Tell me about it! πŸ˜†That's why I made an effort to sincerely avoid watching anything on Hindi GECs for a very long time. You can't swoon over stale stuff served to you every single time. Also, Indian TV shows have absolutely NO story, anyway. So, all that fans are unfortunately left to do is, 'fangirling'.Remember how tediously Shraddha and Kunal got married? I seriously would have walked out on my groom if this is how much I would have been bored by all the mundane festivities. And, compare this scenario with Kashaf and Zaroon's wedding. A montage of photos is all we needed. πŸ˜†And, the two of them have carved a better place for themselves in the minds of the audience than Indian jodis.]

Another thing that also shocked and surprised me was the liberation front of women...which is sooo...sooo freaking true. When I watched Zindagi Gulzar Hai, I was absolutely shocked that for once a women was slowly holding the reins and lifting her family even higher in the ranks. So many times, in so many shows we get promises of a girl who will help change her family, will be the first, stands for justice, and will strive for education and truth and once again she is hurried off married, struggle with her in laws, then two or three years later maybe, just maybe she might have a chance (if the CV's are interested) in seeing her meeting it halfway. Even when they try to bring in serious issues, they make a mess out of it as they never sufficiently resolve it or make it into a more realistic approach where the guy fully pays. For instance in Bobby's case in Meri Bhabhi...that was horrible. For the simple fact he abused and made Shraddh'a life a living wreck and slander her and family's name in the mud and he got off 2 million richer from it...just didn't sit well with me. that to me was the most stupidest thing ever...that they couldn't pull in the neighbor that used to watch over Dhruv when they were living in Mumbai just...just never made sense to me.
[There will always be a plenty of things that will never make sense, Najia. You're not alone! πŸ˜†
I never understood why Shraddha trying to cozy up to Kunal was such a big deal for Amrit. Given her past, I expected her to speak with Shraddha once, and confront her about Kunal. If Shraddha would have made an effort to clarify that she, in fact, likes Kunal, Amrit would have done something a lot more logical than being all ears to Kamini's nonsense.]

The background score...I never had a problem with it, (I have watched much worse where there is a background score in literally in every scene) so its not that bad...the only one that made me cringe was the loud Rangrasiya song they used to just play it at the most randomness of moments and so high-pitched. 

[I've seen promos of this show, and never dared to watch it. Heard it's going off-air, soon. Will spare you plenty of time to watch another Pakistani show, I presume. πŸ˜‰]

I love you, Najia. πŸ˜³

SwishCrawley thumbnail

Originally posted by: -treesa-

Exactly the same reasons i love pak shows...most noticeable fact those shows doesn't want a female lead with superficial tolerating powers, vamp or villian, heavy accessories and uncontrollable crying drama to make a show success...

[Indian woman- Superwoman. πŸ˜‰
I wonder why! I, honestly, in the 23 years of my existence so far have never done anything even spectacularly close to the 'achievements' of the fine women on Hindi GECs-except a few in academics. We, because of the nonsense being doled out are actually expected to be as docile and competent as they are. Believe me, this trend is transpiring slowly into real lives as well. I have been told (fortunately not by my parents) that I must learn a trick or two from Anandi as far as multitasking is concerned. Apparently, she has all the qualities that maketh a woman.Also, the drama is very unrealistic. It's the same sob story, every single time.] 

Their stories are beautifully woven together and i dare not breathe for missing something, because not a single scene is wasted in that dramas ..i always wonder what we are watching in our shows for me our trp dramas has nothing to do with our normal life...
ZGH amazed me the first ever show i loved every bits... I never thought i would love ZGH so much, specially Fawad and Sanam...Evry single scene of ZGH was applausable...For me the onscreen pairing of Fawad Khan and Sanam Saeed is one of the best, one of the most natural one I have ever come across...their every single gesture as Zarun-Kashaf looked so real and natural that I am not exaggerating when I say I can watch all their scenes millionth times...Kashaf is the most humanized charactr on screen...i think i hav found a new version of elizabeth and darcy in zaroon and kashaf...and yes fawad he is simply perfect and always rises above the script...all thanks to zindagi channelπŸ˜†

[I had the fortune of watching Fawad's movie, "Khuda Ke Liye" as a student of filmmaking. In 2007, he was a lesser-known face. But, his acting amazed me even back then. I am yet to find the review of the movie I wrote for assessment, but I clearly remember mentioning that he's someone the entertainment industry will look up to in a few years. And, it did happen. πŸ˜ƒ

This isn't a testament of my psychic powers, πŸ˜‰but a gentle reminder that his performances are riveting, and they are bound to attract viewers' attention.More than ZGH, I enjoyed watching him on Behadd. OHMYDEARGOD! That's when I realised that no matter how good he looks, he, first, has my respect for the sheer acting talent that he is. ]

Edited by SwishCrawley - 9 years ago
SwishCrawley thumbnail

Originally posted by: nabni

Superb article.

Thanks for sharing shivu.

I have observed one thing, Pakistani people make the best television shows and we Indians make the best movies. Thats why Fawad Khan is in a Bollywood film.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Jokes apart..i totally agree with this article.

Their shows are by far the best shows i have ever seen in my life. ZGH,Humsafar,Aunn Zara,Kahi Ankahi are very realistic shows based on realistic stories. 

Also the characters are so real. I just loved the growth of Kashaf's character from an insecure,arrogant individual to a secured lovely wife without compromising her values. She didnt go to cooking class to impress her conservative, narrow minded husband.

I love the comic timings in Aunn Zara. Their nokjhoks are so natural nokjhoks without insulting eachother.

What can i say about the music. Tum kahti ho and the title track of ZGH,Humsafar title track are my fav. 

I have stopped watching Indians shows these days.

HAHA! Yes. Honestly, after Humsafar, he was being typecast as a rich, suave, sophisticated, but insecure-about-his-relationship-with-his-wife sort of guy. πŸ˜†
But, he looks so dapper, I think it'll be very hard for him to play a poor guy now. πŸ˜›
I am happy that he's here now. Makes us feel good about the fact that we do have some rights over him as well. πŸ˜‰

Don't even get me started on the songs. πŸ˜²

OH, YOU DID! 
*plays Wo Humsafar Tha on loop*

nabni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SwishCrawley

HAHA! Yes. Honestly, after Humsafar, he was being typecast as a rich, suave, sophisticated, but insecure-about-his-relationship-with-his-wife sort of guy. πŸ˜†
But, he looks so dapper, I think it'll be very hard for him to play a poor guy now. πŸ˜›
I am happy that he's here now. Makes us feel good about the fact that we do have some rights over him as well. πŸ˜‰

Don't even get me started on the songs. πŸ˜²

OH, YOU DID! 
*plays Wo Humsafar Tha on loop*

Fawad as a poor guy...nanananaaa...He looks like a royal prince only. Also very sophisticated,you can make out from his interviews and television appearances. Its raining Fawad everywhere.πŸ˜†

Hey have you seen that rain scene in Humsafar? with that music my god... i hv no words to explain. Also the wedding night scene in ZGH.i can watch it for 100 times.πŸ˜†

Woh humsafar tha... is a nice song. But my fav is tum kahti ho... hayeee i am dead...
-Red-Rose- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hey guys  watch Akbari Asghari if u wanna watch Fawad as a local,cheap & funny villager...he was awesome!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Here is the OST of the same...

Edited by -Red-Rose- - 9 years ago