-#:::: Amogha vikrama Karna - Aham Sharma - missing you - AT 24 ::::#-

Poll

Which of the Karna sequences or scenes you liked the most?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

hello...

to

24th

appreciation thread of

Aham Sharma

aka

Karna

Edited by Brahmaputra - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Brahmaputra thumbnail

KARNA

Flung adrift by very mother at birth;
Accurs'd of anger'd tutor in thy youth;
Forlorn of friend and kith and kin; in sooth,
A nameless, aimless waif on earth.
Relentless Fate swoop'd thee to serve Her aim
And veer'd thy steps into a nest of plots
And feuds: A Royal house of power-drunk sots,
Perdue to Pity, Chivalry e'en shame!

Beguil'd with bribe of crown to battle in cause
Of king, who match'd thee 'gainst thy very kin,
Thy valour, bounty, innocence of sin
Avail'e thee naught 'gainst unjust death. Alas!
Befooled babe 'gainst Fate's bewild'ring odds!
Bejewell'd bauble of the jeering gods!
(Commiseration by TP Kailasam)

No figure in the Dwapar Yuga, 
much less the Mahabharata, is as controversial or as polarizing as the first son of Kunti.  His struggle through life began as an infant - abandoned by his mother, terrified of the opprobrium that would follow had it been known that she had a son out of wedlock.  From then on, his life was a struggle - adopted by a charioteer, ignored by his mother, humiliated by his brothers and insulted by his elders.  By the time the truth about himself was revealed to him, there was no turning back.

Despite all that, he did his utmost to live a righteous life - being extremely generous, courageous & loyal.  Unfortunately, the course of events forced him to ally w/ the forces of adharma, much to his own disgust.  

Nonetheless, he lived - and died through it all, and carved himself an eternal place in history.  After his death, he finally received the love & respect he always craved. 

Name: Vasushena

Father: Surya-dev

Mother: Kunti

Foster-father: Adiratha

Foster-mother: Radha

Wives: Vrushali, Supriya, Prabhavati, Uruvi,...

Sons: Vrishasena, Dvipata, Sushena, Prasena, Satyasena, Chitrasena, Susharma(Banasena) and Vrishaketu

Names of Karna 

Vasushena - His original name, being born with wealth (i.e., earrings and natural armor)

Radheya - because he is the adopted son of Radha, who nurtured him as her own son

Karna - The cutter or peeler of his own cover (Natural Armor)

Vaikartana - because he had cut his natural armor and earrings and gave it to Indra

Vrisha - Devoted to Brahmanas, truthful in speech, engaged in penances,
 observant of vows, kind even unto foes.  Vrisha also means bull, and Karna was a bull among warriors

Angaraj - one who ruled the kingdom of Anga

Mrityunjaya - one who conquered Death

Rashmirathi - one who is riding the chariot of Light

Daanveer - for his undying charitable nature

Daanshoor - one who fought and died like a true warrior

Kaunteya - because he was born to Kunti

Suryaputra - Son of the Sun God

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
DT's permission is required to open an AT as per forum rules.

{| Mahabharat Rules- Must follow |}

Hello Everyone,

Dedicated Appreciation threads (ATs) for an actor/actress/characters of the show will be subject to specific rules, from here onwards. These rules will apply to all current ATs in the forum and any new ATs created in the future. 

Rules:

[Credit for Rules: -Deepzz-/jyoti06 - Zee Tv Forums] 
  1. The word "Appreciate" in itself means to have a highly favorable opinion of someone or something. You are supposed to appraise the value of the work of the actors and express them in positive light. A thread where all the fans of the Actor/Character/s gather to discuss what they liked.
  2. In an essence Constructive criticism/Positive Outlook towards Actors/Characters, must prevail in these threads.
  3. Members must understand that, discussions are restricted in ATs.  ATs are safe zones for the Actor/s fans to exchange information without being subject to negativity. You have the main forum to present opinions which calls for discussions and debates. All discussions related to actor's performance, looks, style and personality can be confined to  ATs  and keep the discussion of story tracks restricted to just the character and his/her scenes with other characters. Please refrain from analyzing and discussing scenes which are not directly/indirectly related to the actor/character of this AT , in particular when they imply stating negative opinions. However we do  allow minimum chatting in ATs, provided it is related to this AT alone.
  4. Please refrain from bringing and discussing other general topics of the main forum into  the AT. If you find anything offending in the main forum, report it with crisp and clear notes, without bringing them to the ATs.
  5. Please refrain from any negative/bashful/insulting comments against any actor/character/member/DT. If members of an AT are caught discussing other actors/characters/fan groups/DT negatively, then AT will be held liable for it and may be subject to warnings & eventual closure/Ban as follows.
  6. Admins/Monitors of the AT (Those who are opening the AT will be called the Admins/Monitors) will report  the troublemakers or problematic members of the AT to the DT  in a timely manner, so that the AT/other genuine fans are not penalized for it. Here the Admins have a big responsibility and so we believe them to be totally unbiased as the whole responsibility of a AT is on them.

Note to Karna AT members - Karna and Draupadi has no love angle so any inappropriate speculations or  any excessive romantic imaginary scene about them will NOT be ALLOWED here!The scenes being discussed/speculated should normally have some basis through the show/storyline (direct scenes between them). From the past record we understand Draupadi has been criticized a lot, it should be done in the context to the scene. We welcome constructive criticism but demeaning destructive criticism that is meant to tear another character or insult will not be entertained here. Remember there is a very thin line between criticism and bashing which the members easily forget. Just because a character is negative or disliked by particular fans , it does not give members the license to resort to extreme character bashing so please co operate with us as we have amended the AT rules for Karna AT members and expect the members to met us half way by taking up the responsibilities! A forum can function well only if the mods and members cooperate and have the same goal - to achieve a peaceful forum.

Lastly - When an AT reaches 150 pages, hit the report button and add this "AT reached 150 Pages", the DT will close it as we can not have two ATs open at the same time.

Admins of the CC - One member of the AT along with the Mahabharat DT (munnihyderabad ) - When the AT is about to end, please wait until one of the AT admins create the next. If the assigned admin for a certain AT isn't around, drop in a quick PM to the Dev Team member (munnihyderabad ) to open the next AT, any other ATs which are made by any other members will be closed without further notice 

If the DT notices more than 3 people violating the AT rules constantly for a week, the effects of violations will kick start, which go as follows:

First Violation - Warning Note
2nd - Another Warning Note
3rd - Another Warning Note
4th - Close the AT for 24 hrs (1 Day)
5th - Close AT  for 72 hrs (3 Days)
6th - Close AT for 1 week (7 Days)
                                               7th - Get rid of AT completely from the Mahabharat Forum/Shift it to Celebrity Fan Club Forum

Having said that, please do not assume that every report submitted by opposite fan group will be entertained. We will go through the reports and only if we find the report valid based on above rules, then we will speak to the Admins of the AT and action will be taken accordingly as stated above.

NOTE: All AT admins should make sure that the second post in every AT on the forum, has these rules posted for members to be aware of the rules at all times.

If anyone has any questions/queries/concerns regarding the AT Rules imposed in the forum, feel free to PM the Mahabharat DT member (
munnihyderabad , *Resham*) 

Regards,
Mahabharat Development Team

Edited by mnx12 - 9 years ago
Brahmaputra thumbnail

Aham Sharma

Aham,

Life seems amusing when we fall in love with someone who used to annoy us the most. So is the story of Karna and me. Both him and you were unknown to me until Karna happened in your life. I've to confess I began loving Karna only through you. Only a skillfull actor can do the magic of making someone fall for a character which annoyed him. You're the magician who can enchant anyone without any wands and spells. In you, I saw an actor who doesn't carry the figure of conventional heroes who are just a heavy load of boring preconceptions and stereotyped inaccuracies. Every bud will not flower and every flower will not spread fragrance. You're a flower from who floats the most exotic fragrance enchanting every heart around.

How you invoke Karna in you is just like another flower blooming, gently spreading out petals one by one with increasing intensity of its fragrance. Your scupulous way of portraying a character is evident in the mannerisms and emotions Karna carried- his manly way to shy andand vex, his hurt pride, his yearning for being appreciated for what he is, his small insecurities, his pain, his love, his losses and even a teardrop that forgets to roll down his cheeks- making him feel realistic! How deep you interact with the character is evident in your eyes - the oceans of all emotions. From a caring breeze to lashing storm, all are safe in them. Your variety and precision only made the delicacy and vulnerability of Karna alive. Words are of least use for an actor who touches the soul of a character. A lift in your eyebrows, a twist in those lips, twitching cheeks or even a freely moving fingertip add many layers of to the whole scenario, making it a different world of enjoyment.

You magically talk with other minds through your characters. Your charm, your accuracy, your appropriateness, your conciseness, your clarity, your consistency and your buoyancy only made even those moments look memorable, even when Karna appeared for just a few seconds on screen.
                                                   You're an adorable personality of a determined mind and sensible thoughts - a simple man of sound judgement. You're classic, unique and remarkably talented as an actor. Still, the supreme portion of you is still left unexplored. Withing you the most grandeurous moments of acting and breathtaking excitements of success in your every endeavour.

Brahmaputra thumbnail

The Journey so Far

Aham Sharma

Born in July 22nd, at asalimpur, Bihar

Karna's birthday thread,  2014: || .~Celebrating Birthday of Majestic Karna ~ Aham Sharma .. ||

Height : ~5'11"

Profession : Actor

Education : Engineer (Indore)

Current City : Mumbai

Aham made his debut with Imagine TV show Chand Ke Paar Chalo. He was last seen in Aasman Se Aage as Angad. Currently he is playing the role of Karna in Swastik Productions' Mahabharat on Star Plus.

Aham's Quote on Mahabharata: I got a call when I was doing a film. I got excited at being offered Karna and met up with the makers, I auditioned and went through look tests and ended up being selected. I was the last character to be finalised. I like the character of Karna. The role has many shades and characteristics. He never gave up despite all odds and rejections.

Films:

Blue Oranges as Kevin 

Karle Pyar Karle as Jass

Yeh Jo Mohabbat hai as Zorawar

Aham Sharma's previous TV shows

Bairi Piya   (Forum) as Nirbhay Pundir

Chhoti Si Zindagi   (Forum) as Shravan

Chand Ke Paar Chalo   (Forum) as Rehan

Aasman Se Aage   (Forum) as Angad

Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath   (Forum) as Dr Ajay

Fear Files as Kushal

Fear files

Aham played a dashing boy named Kushal in Fear Files.The story revolves around three friends and a love triangle.The two girls loved Kushal but Kushal ended up marrying the first girl,Neeta because fo her true love.And the other girl,full of jealousy started doing black magic on Neeta.So,the story revolves around some paranormal things happening all around.  It was fascinating!

Aham's quote on this show:  Yes, am doing the show and the role am playing is really nice. Also, I would like to add that horror genre is something that always attracts everyone and Fear Files is doing an amazing job.

Shapath

Aham was playing a vigilante scientist named Dr Ajay in Shapath.  In the episode, he and one of his colleagues were confronted by traitors, who demanded that they give up a secret formula to an enemy country.  They refused, and Dr Ajay's colleague got killed.  Dr Ajay blew up the formula, and killed the assailants as well.  However, from that point, he became a vigilante and that got him in the cross-hairs of the Shapath police team.  He abducted one of the businessmen that he had marked for revenge, but his girlfriend joined the police and managed to distract him from there, and feigned being injured.  Dr Ajay finally had a confrontation w/ Inspector Abhigyan, which resulted in him being blown up.

Aham's Quote for this show: I am very much excited for my role in Shapath. I have been always loving special powers. I will do my best...And Hope everyone will like my new kind of role.

Aasman Se Aage

Aham was playing a character named Angad in Aasman Se Aage. Angad is a male dancer. Show starts following the journey of Meenakshi and some other participants - Karishma (a cut-throat competitor who is ready to do anything to win), the brothers Angad (who is good-natured & extremely supportive of his brother) & Akshat (who always needs to win at any cost, but suffers terrible performance anxiety), Sameer (a young desperate school kid whose parents want him to become a doctor rather than a dancer). It is for a dance competition held by charismatic & unscrupulous producer of the show, DC. Angad is the younger bro of Akshat. For TRP,DC makes Karishma kiss Akshat, telling them its important for them to be seen together in order to be seen as stars. This pisses off Anagd because he loves Karishma who challenges Akshat to a dance-off and defeats him. However, Angad is disgusted by the show and leaves ASA.
Aham's quote on this show: Feeling great!!!! Like all of us, I am equally excited about the show and my character Angad. Ever since, I was explained about my character, I had no doubts about it. In fact I am very happy with it!!! I am very sure that our show Aasman Se Aage will do extremely well. I wish all the best to everyone who is associated with ASA (Aasman Se Aage)

Chand ke par chalo

Aham Sharma is playing the role of Rehan. Rehan is a young boy from Lucknow and is very much filled with attitude.Rehan's mother sent him to a big town hastily as soon as his father died.Rehan pursued and became a successful man.But he was very much depressed of being thrown out in this vast world by his own mother.So,he came back to Lucknow to meet again with his beloved Dadi,his fun-loving childhood friends and his true love Sana. He had many troubles on his way of this.But he conquered them all and married Sana.Then,the two together lived happily.

Aham's quote on this showI am from Bihar but have stayed away from my family for a long time so I can relate to Rehan. Every character in this show is simple and viewers can relate to them easily.

Choti se zindagi

Aham is playing Shravan in Chhoti Si Zindagi.  The show revolves around two sisters-Isha and Ira.  He enters when he saves the ring and Ira from the robber who Ira hired to steal Isha's engagement ring that Samarth gives her.Shravan loves Isha but hearing the engagement news, he gets depressed. And so,the story moves on. Isha marries Samarth and Shravan gets married with Ira.And the most funniest thing I seen in the show was Aham in mustaches.😆😆

Aham's quote on this show: Well!  I am very much excited for this show.  I hope viewers will like my act as they loved it earlier.  I will be playing a bit negative role in the show but I am not like that in reality.  

Bairi Piya

Aham played a character named Nirbhay Pundir in Bairi Piya. He is the shown as an ideal son. He is the son of a Thakur named Viraat Pundir. The stroy revolves around a long-lasting family drama. And then comes Nirbhay's wife- Surbhi.  Surbhi has a negative shade in her chacter.

Aham's quote on this showI will play the dutiful son of the house. It's a very soft and sweet character. Viewers will enjoy my act.

Brahmaputra thumbnail
Tributto Karna

Karna is one of the most magnificent characters, only epic persona who didn't get his identity by his birth but got it with his immense talent as an archer and undying struggle with social discrimination. His birth was result of his mother Kunti's curiosity who wanted to test the boon given by sage Durbasha and summoned Sun God and had his son.  Karna was born with gold shield and gold ear rings which made him invincible. Unfortunate since the time of his birth, karna was floated by his mother in the river of Ganges. Charioteer Adhiratha and his wife Radheya got him from Ganga and adopted him as their son. They named him Basushena. Karna was also named "Radheya" after his mother's (Radha)name.

Karna's interest in warfare made him curious to learn the art of archery but his low social status brought only rejection in his life. Rejected by Dronachariya, teacher of Kuru princes and pandavas he decided to learn archery by himself considering Sun God his Guru. Finally he decided to go to Parashurama for completing his education. He posed as a Brahmin as Parashurama only thought the supreme caste the art of warfare. Karna excelled in this art and an overwhelmed Parashurama declared karna a warrior equal to him but before karna could complete his education things changed drastically. Once when Parashurama was slipping keeping his head on karna's lap, a scorpion (or bee) stung karna. Karna bare tremendous pain so that his Guru's sleep doesn't get disturbed. Parashurama after awaking misunderstood karna as a "kshatriya" seeing his level of tolerance and cursed him that he will forget everything he learnt from him in the time he need it most. Karna revealed his true identity and Parashurama blessed his beloved student with Bhargava astra. He also gifted Lord Shiva's "Vijaya" bow to Karna.

Karna's entry in kuru politics happened on the day of the friendly tournament what was arranged by Drona to exhibit Kuru princes' warfare skill. Karna wanted to challenge Arjuna the best archer among Kuru princes but he was rejected for the same old status problem. Eldest kaurava Duryadhana appreciated his talent making him the king of Anga and that marked the beginning of deep friendship between karna and Duryadhana what remain unchanged till the end. However karna still had to face humiliation from Bheema, Draupadi and even from Bhisma in different times. Karna took the command of army and conquered a large part of Aryavarta to establish Duryadhana's command over everyone. Karna not only aced in skill of warfare but he became the greatest philanthropist of his time.

Karna's antagonism with pandavas, what sprouted with getting rejected for challenging Arjuna and Bheema's constant insult, enhanced with his getting insulted by Draupadi in open swamvar. As revenge karna used harsh words for Draupadi during cheerharan period. An angry Bheema took oath that his brother Arjuna will kill Karna to avenge Draupadi. In Vyasa's epic we see karna to regret his action towards Draupadi.

Karna joined the Kurukshetra war on twelfth day and became the commander of Kuru soldier on sixteenth day of Kurukshetra war. Before that Krishna revealed karna's true identity as "jesth pandava" and asked him to join Pandava side offering throne of Hastinapur and Draupadi but Karna declined the offer choosing to be loyal to his friend. Kunti returned with karna's word that he won't kill anyone but Arjun. Before Karna could join the war Indra, father of Arjuna, fearing karna's valor, begged karna's Kavach and Kundal in disguise of a Brahmin. Karna gifted it knowing its Indra, Indra blessed him with Vasav Shakti weapon, what karna could use only once. Karna and Arjuna fight was the highest point of Kurukshetra war which ended when advised by Krishna, Arjuna killed an unarmed karna from behind when Karna was busy to struggle with his chariot's wheel which sank in earth due to a curse. It is said karna's good deeds saved him from getting killed so Krishna appeared in disguise of Brahmin and begged his charity. Karna gifted it without a single thought and Krishna showed him his Vishwaroop.

Karna is the tragic hero of Mahabharata and certainly the most celebrated character in the world of literature. We see Bengal's great writer Bibhutibhushan Bandopadhyay explained karna as the real winner as he earned tears and sympathy of millions in his greatest novel "Pother Panchali." Bengal's pride Biswakabi Rabindranath Tagore wrote all time classic "karna kunti Songbad" and portrayed the beauty of his character with his golden words. The most famous books on karna are "Mrityunjaya" written by celebrated Marathi scholar Shivaji Sawant was awarded by Janapith Award for it and "Rashmirathi" by Ramdhari Singh Dinker. In contemporary English writings we see the same trend is going on.

In Star Plus' Mahabharat Vidyut Xvier played young karna and now Aham Sharma is portraying the role with excellence. 

A JourneyUntoldby riti

I am the one who was told that you cant live your dream...
Because you possess no right to dream...
I am the one whom they called an Outcast.
Whose ability they question with birth and caste...
I am the one who refused to go by norms..
And thus I was caught up in my own storms...
I am the one who seeked only respect..
Which became my ultimate conquest..
I am Karna..an enigma always unknown..
A quest for glory... A Journey untold...

Brahmaputra thumbnail

Brahmaputra thumbnail

Wanna be a Karnali ?

How to enroll:
  • Members from the previous AT have already been added here
  • Hit the LIKE button for this post ONLY if you want to be a member of this AT.  Don't do it otherwise.
  • This list will be periodically updated as new members join
  • No need to PM anyone
  • You're strictty not allowed to comment until hit LIKE button here.
How to un-enroll:
  • Undo your LIKE and PM Me or ...Diala..., your name will be removed.

Members

--aimy--
--MimiGupta--
-Archu-
-Gayatrik-
-Shani-
-Swetha-
...Diala...
..dreamygatz..
.KSGSADDSMVMSK.
.Vrish.
123Me
_AngryBird_
A.Theepa
AadhyaAashutosh
Abhishek_King
adithyan
anant90
AnayaTheOne
Aquabutterfly
Archana.nac
arena123
ArjunS00
arukutty
Astoria
Bamonforever
Brahmaputra
candidfrisky
cts22
daenerysnow
Darklight
dhivyakrish31
divyasn
DoppelgangerCAT
Expectopatronum
Guruvishva
Havvii
hpatgiri
JananiKiDeewani,
JeanPaul
kash_meet10
ketan_jha
Kritt
LoonyLuna
lpriya88
MaddyO
Madhura..
Maha.G
mayalnee
mirchy
mmroyalkaterick
mocking_bird
Moumimon
Myraluvpanchali
Nandiniraizaada
narangi314
nikita_ght
nuckts
obefya
ojaswiniprinces
panchaali
Patrarekha
Poojaa_P
porcellaine
PrincessN
Proud-India
PurplePetal
Raghuji
Redrose07
rishbalaa
Rishi_
riti4u
Rorschach
RoseWine
RoyalLEO_Krrish
Sabhayata
SanDhirholic
santhiyaa_J
Sanskrutiii
SayaneeH.Lecter
sayee
sayeed87
Simantini_M
simplysappie
sindhusri
sravss
srishtisingh
Sukanya_Datta
swathi.priya
Thenewguy
TheWatcher
tistaa
Uma90
vaikartana
VasusenaRadheya
Vibhishna
vidhu22
viji2111
visrom

Brahmaputra thumbnail
Hey I'm planning to change the layout of whole AT keeping the necessary contents to avoid complications (the ones i encountered).

And just choosing a name to indicate it is open. If you all choose another name, this one will be changed.
Amogha vikrama meas 'a man of unfailing / unconquerable valor'

All suggestions are welcome!😃 

Edit- AT is opened for all !

As I'm not using PC right now, the introductory comments will be edited only as I reach home!!

Sorry for the inconvenience!