Mahabharat

-#:::: Amogha vikrama Karna - Aham Sharma - missing you - AT 24 ::::#- - Page 63

Poll

Which of the Karna sequences or scenes you liked the most?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
TheWatcher thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Brahmaputra

I've been reading Mahabharata (the one given in sacred-texts, with KMG), Karna Parva where I came across Krishna (ch.67) counting the mistakes Karna did. One among them is given below.

4. yadaa rajasvalaah krishnaam dusshaasana vashe sthitaamm = when menstruating Krishnaa (Draupadi) was kept in Dushaasana's power
sabhaayaam praahasata karna kva te dharmas tadaa gataha= where had gone your Dharma while laughing at her in the court, Karna?

Three more mistakes Krishna points out are.
1. Karna didn't try to stop bringing Draupadi to the court.
2. Karna didn't try to stop the dice game in spite of knowing Yudhi was being cheated.
3. Karna didn't try to solve the case of Pandavas who asked for their Kingdom after 13 years of exile and all.

Now, what to be noted here is that, Krishna, the best friend of Draupadi, the protector of Pandavas, the only person who knew the real meaning of Dharma did not mention - Karna asked to disrobe Draupadi, or called her 'names' or insultued/humiliated using any verbal atrocity or asked her to retire to inner chambers of Dury's palace as his slave. Krishna only mentions Karna laughed at the helpless woman amidst hundreds of men. Krishna would never have got a better chance to sprinkle salt over Karna's wounds than the perfect moment before his death. Then why he did not do it?

Now if you read the Translated version of the above section, you'll find there what Krishna forgot to say in Sanskrit version. (I don't know why the translated Krishna speaks more than the original one does! May be the version I read is not having that part)

But in Vanaparva, chapter 13 which is an unusually long one, more than 2/3rd of which is Draupadi's weeping in front of her best friend Krishna where she numbers every single unfortunate event happened in Pandavas' and her life, even telling him what usually women those days not used to tell men (regarding her periods etc); she adds she is all alone and even Krishna has forsaken her. There she has enough space to vent out all her anger against Karna who is said to have 'insulted her in many ways'. But she speaks only one line about him which is

na hi me shaamyate dukham karno yat praahasat tadaa = my sorrow at Karna's laughter is incapable of being pacified.

Here again Draupadi herself doesn't mention Karna ordering to disrobe her or calling her names or humiliating her by twisted & bitter words or asking her to retire to inner chambers of Dury's palace like a slave. If she wanted, this would've been the perfect timing for her to ignite the rivalry towards Karna more. (We've no idea why she didn't do so.)

Again the above verse has been translated with 'praahasat' as 'ridicule' instead of 'being laughed at'. As far as I know, praahasat only means being laughed at. 'Praa' is a filler word used in Sanskrit. And the word 'hasat' (the past form of verb 'hasati') means 'laughed'. It never means 'ridicule'!

If we read Sabha parva, it was Karna who spoke the most cruel and humiliating words about Draupadi. For every word Dury & Dushy spoke in DS, Bheema gave tit for tat replies. And Karna's words were worse than that of anyone else. I'm sure no man can withstand the words Karna said. Also there are multiple instances which speaks about killing the 'wicked' Karna. There also we mostly find no mention of Karna did something (than laughing???). In almost all other instances when DS & VH are being recalled, there is hardly any mention of Karna's words when the words he said to have used can never be neglected/forgotten by any sane person. In short, other than the verses speaking Karna insulting the woman, no other instances mostly don't describe it. Or at least Draupadi & Krishna themselves don't recall it. How can they miss something so important? (or have I missed any?)

You guys can think anything you want. Everyone is entitled to have their opinion and I wholeheartedly respect that. I only wrote the facts I came across while reading, nothing more.😳

WARNING= have patience. Raising adrenaline level will make your beautiful/handsome face wrinkled and look aged than ever.😆

Are these mistakes from Karna's death sequence?.  KMG translated 3 mistakes - Posioining Bhima, Lakshyagraha and Dyut Sabha, however we all know Karna met Duryodhana at Drona's gurukul, how can he be a part of Bhima's poisoning.  BORI Critical Edition only lists the Dyut Sabha mistake of Karna, no other mistake is mentioned.  

Its surprising that no-one even retaliated when Karna ordered the VH, were they scared of him ?, Bhima immediately took a vow when Dushashan and Duryodhan did their thing but when Karna's time  came -- he was mum. Yudisthira's silence is reasoned by himself -- he got peace when he saw Karna's legs because they resembled Kunti.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Spring-Dew thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

What? When? Who? Where did I hesitate? I've been calling him my Jyeshthest since I joined here!

Yes bro u call him as Jyeshthest but u never called him as Jyest Brata😉
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Acidic_San

Priyadharshna

Awesome name

Isn't it? This name is dedicated to all virtual & online wives of Karna!
Mean.Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Isn't it? This name is dedicated to all virtual & online wives of Karna!

Why don't we start a KARNALI of The WEEK pratiyogita??? 
panchaali thumbnail
Jamy the name chosen by you is beyind perfection, canit say how much I love it

here lies my suggestions😊

Arindam Karna

Ajatshatru Karna

Aparajit Karna

Ajeya Karna

Aparajeya Karna 

Durjaya Karna

and of course I am open to Priyadarshana as well, but I just wanted to provide more options 😊
Edited by panchaali - 9 years ago
Mean.Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Karna was not Ajatshatru .
He had loads of Shatrus 🤣

panchaali thumbnail

What? When? Who? Where did I hesitate? I've been calling him my Jyeshthest since I joined here!

well I saw u using  sign after Aham Sharma's name😆 that's why I thought earlier  u a girl 
panchaali thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: --MimiGupta--

Karna was not Ajatshatru .
He had loads of Shatrus 🤣

Ajatshatru symbolizes one who has the power to diminish all his shatrus, he is soo powerful that none of his shatru can overpower him...which means that person actually has lot of shatrus 😆
Spring-Dew thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: --MimiGupta--

Why don't we start a KARNALI of The WEEK pratiyogita??? 

Superb idea⭐️
panchaali thumbnail
btw added one more name Aparajeya :)

as much I hated to become a sizzzler but my addiction for my Aarya driving me towards the path of becoming sizzler 😭