-#:::: Amogha vikrama Karna - Aham Sharma - missing you - AT 24 ::::#- - Page 64

Poll

Which of the Karna sequences or scenes you liked the most?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Spring-Dew thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
@Panchali - u have these many names in mind seriously I got only one and that is son of sun god
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

LOL your warning Jammy..πŸ˜† wonderful post .. I said before every translator adds n edits as per their creative liberty .. I don't find any logical reason to accept each n every word of KMG .. He translated MB in English for the 1st time ..that's all .. That doesn't mean each n every word written by him is direct frame by frame copy paste job .. common he was more creative than many Bolly film makersπŸ˜†

U should post it much before in this forum .. anyway I will copy this post and paste in word n will use it if needed in FB onlyπŸ˜‰

Oh. My warning.πŸ˜† I want to live a few more days in this forum!πŸ˜†

I'm not dissecting the translator. He has done a wonderful job. He might have translated a version which includes the part I missed. But I find it a necessity to make a correct word by word translation without twisting and creating any ambiguity of meaning. If something is controversial or appear to have hidden meanings, that must be mentioned separate. No translators take care do that as long as I've seen. It will be more good if you post this anywhere only after a re-check or consulting with someone more learned. It is possible that I've missed something. This is a highly inflammable topic. I guess I'm still left to read many more. But since these words are told by Draupadi & Krishna themselves, we can't deny it also.
panchaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: Acidic_San

@Panchali - u have these many names in mind seriously I got only one and that is son of sun god

These are not really names these are adjectives...😊

Jamy I think u  better than me in the name department...U have knowledge in Sanskrit...😊
.Vaikartana. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Brahmaputra

I've been reading Mahabharata (the one given in sacred-texts, with KMG), Karna Parva where I came across Krishna (ch.67) counting the mistakes Karna did. One among them is given below.

4. yadaa rajasvalaah krishnaam dusshaasana vashe sthitaamm = when menstruating Krishnaa (Draupadi) was kept in Dushaasana's power
sabhaayaam praahasata karna kva te dharmas tadaa gataha= where had gone your Dharma while laughing at her in the court, Karna?

Three more mistakes Krishna points out are.
1. Karna didn't try to stop bringing Draupadi to the court.
2. Karna didn't try to stop the dice game in spite of knowing Yudhi was being cheated.
3. Karna didn't try to solve the case of Pandavas who asked for their Kingdom after 13 years of exile and all.

Now, what to be noted here is that, Krishna, the best friend of Draupadi, the protector of Pandavas, the only person who knew the real meaning of Dharma did not mention - Karna asked to disrobe Draupadi, or called her 'names' or insultued/humiliated using any verbal atrocity or asked her to retire to inner chambers of Dury's palace as his slave. Krishna only mentions Karna laughed at the helpless woman amidst hundreds of men. Krishna would never have got a better chance to sprinkle salt over Karna's wounds than the perfect moment before his death. Then why he did not do it?

Now if you read the Translated version of the above section, you'll find there what Krishna forgot to say in Sanskrit version. (I don't know why the translated Krishna speaks more than the original one does! May be the version I read is not having that part)

But in Vanaparva, chapter 13 which is an unusually long one, more than 2/3rd of which is Draupadi's weeping in front of her best friend Krishna where she numbers every single unfortunate event happened in Pandavas' and her life, even telling him what usually women those days not used to tell men (regarding her periods etc); she adds she is all alone and even Krishna has forsaken her. There she has enough space to vent out all her anger against Karna who is said to have 'insulted her in many ways'. But she speaks only one line about him which is

na hi me shaamyate dukham karno yat praahasat tadaa = my sorrow at Karna's laughter is incapable of being pacified.

Here again Draupadi herself doesn't mention Karna ordering to disrobe her or calling her names or humiliating her by twisted & bitter words or asking her to retire to inner chambers of Dury's palace like a slave. If she wanted, this would've been the perfect timing for her to ignite the rivalry towards Karna more. (We've no idea why she didn't do so.)

Again the above verse has been translated with 'praahasat' as 'ridicule' instead of 'being laughed at'. As far as I know, praahasat only means being laughed at. 'Praa' is a filler word used in Sanskrit. And the word 'hasat' (the past form of verb 'hasati') means 'laughed'. It never means 'ridicule'!

If we read Sabha parva, it was Karna who spoke the most cruel and humiliating words about Draupadi. For every word Dury & Dushy spoke in DS, Bheema gave tit for tat replies. And Karna's words were worse than that of anyone else. I'm sure no man can withstand the words Karna said. Also there are multiple instances which speaks about killing the 'wicked' Karna. There also we mostly find no mention of Karna did something (than laughing???). In almost all other instances when DS & VH are being recalled, there is hardly any mention of Karna's words when the words he said to have used can never be neglected/forgotten by any sane person. In short, other than the verses speaking Karna insulting the woman, no other instances mostly don't describe it. Or at least Draupadi & Krishna themselves don't recall it. How can they miss something so important? (or have I missed any?)

You guys can think anything you want. Everyone is entitled to have their opinion and I wholeheartedly respect that. I only wrote the facts I came across while reading, nothing more.😳

WARNING= have patience. Raising adrenaline level will make your beautiful/handsome face wrinkled and look aged than ever.πŸ˜†

Jamy I have read an article based on this earlier.I think it was by Mr.Pradeep Bhattacharya(sorry if I am wrong)He says it may be a later interpolation.And I read an article by Mr.M.T( a renowned Malayalam writer)which said the cheerharan incident was not in the original MB.A thread was opened in this forum on this topic but it turned into a battle field laterπŸ˜†
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Originally posted by: panchaali

actually Muskan, archu all considered him Bhaiya, even Nandidni is our Subhadra, she considers Karna like Jeth, who is near to elder bro😊

any way glad that I have found another Devar JIπŸ˜ƒ

all confusion clear, no more poll questionπŸ˜†

I didn't know that.πŸ˜†But they all are having respective patis I think.

Devar ji? 😲.πŸ˜†

But you're already one of the Devi maa of our forum, aren't you? (Haven't I read cotty writing Kaalis for you & Sayanee!)πŸ˜†
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Originally posted by: panchaali

your warning is cuteπŸ˜† actually what you have written I too heard that...but many translations, books and citations made me confused...

That's why I always say, there is no one Mahabharat, every writer differs few facts...earlier also I said people trust KMG coz it was popular...this was the 1st English translated Mahabharat in the British ruled India...

You're right. MB is a single book with many parallel narrations for a single event. So everyone are free to have their own choices!πŸ˜ƒ
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Originally posted by: Acidic_San

Why no putras❓btw Surya putra sounds great and was named b4😳

We all have decided not to use any putras after we named previous AT as Kaunteya!
panchaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: Brahmaputra

I didn't know that.πŸ˜†But they all are having respective patis I think.

Devar ji? 😲.πŸ˜†

But you're already one of the Devi maa of our forum, aren't you? (Haven't I read cotty writing Kaalis for you & Sayanee!)πŸ˜†

Fiery Bengali ladies are described like that only πŸ˜† either  Maa Kali or Maa Durga πŸ˜†

my own lil sis is the most cranky person in our home,  mom often address her Maa Kali πŸ˜†
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Originally posted by: vaikartana

Jamy I have read an article based on this earlier.I think it was by Mr.Pradeep Bhattacharya(sorry if I am wrong)He says it may be a later interpolation.And I read an article by Mr.M.T( a renowned Malayalam writer)which said the cheerharan incident was not in the original MB. A thread was opened in this forum on this topic but it turned into a battle field laterπŸ˜†

Firstly, I did not write about VH (I think you meant VH from your words). This is Karna AT. I'm not allowed to do so. I hope you read my comment again in case you thought so. I am unknown about the author (Mr. Bhattacharya) you mentioned. If that is an online article, can you PM me the link as you find it? I've read a link about VH shared in Different Perspectives thread. About MT, I trust him. He is mostly authentic!
panchaali thumbnail
PM the link to me also plzzz 😊 

Jamy you too PM the "authentic" link