Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kareena & I were a flop pair-Shahid K

humdekhenge thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Kareena and I were a flop pair'

As Jab We Met completes seven years next month, Shahid Kapoor talks about the low expectations everyone had from the film

Back in 2007, when Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor (now Kapoor Khan) starred in film-maker Imtiaz Ali's Jab We Met (JWM) " the film completes seven years in October " they weren't expecting the romcom to become one of their most memorable projects. The reason they had low expectations was because before JWM, Shahid and Kareena had previously worked together in Fida (2004), 36 China Town (2006) and Chup Chup Ke (2006), but none of them did too well.

"Kareena and I were a flop pair. We did three films and people didn't like our pairing in any of them," says Shahid in jest, adding, "At that time, people didn't like seeing us together, but we kept trying. So with JWM, it was almost like people, by mistake, watched it and said, Oh, these two do look good together'."

The actor admits that "people, too, weren't expecting it to be a great film. Imtiaz was also a new film-maker back then. Socha Na Tha (Imtiaz's debut film; 2005) was a nice movie, but few had seen it. So, there were too many factors [that were clearly not working in its favour]," he says.

Looking back at the box office performance of JWM when it released seven years ago, Shahid says, "Today, everyone feels it is this huge movie, but when it had released, it was just like any other hit film. It wasn't an unbelievable blockbuster. It had released two weeks before Saawariya and Om Shanti Om (both 2007), so we only had the theatres for those two weeks."

Edited by .czarcastic - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It's was a good script I guess. 
They still look odd together. 

Shahid has a round child like face and Kareena face is hard and manly. 
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
and i thought it was salman khan wala sk
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
The script and characters worked for JWM...otherwise, their chemistry never was anything to wrote home about.  Edited by chocolover89 - 9 years ago
Well they made a success with Mauja Mauja πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
I agree regarding onscreen chemistry.
HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
They both suited their roles. There was nothing great about their chemistry.
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I thought the SK was Salman πŸ˜†.
As for Shahid, to have chemistry with someone the minimum criteria is acting alive, not just being alive. You have to notice them. Shahid in Vivah, JWM time was as interesting on screen as a ca of paint and not as useful. The gandibaat Shahid that exists now has chemistry because you notice him, he does not blend in with the scenery. 
Mr.Chief thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Came thinking it was SalmanπŸ˜†
humdekhenge thumbnail
@ceaselessbanter and kingofkings-Oops! Changed the title to avoid confusion:) Edited by .czarcastic - 9 years ago