Sajid Nadiadwala signs Varun Dhawan

Posted: 9 years ago

Sajid Nadiadwala signs Varun and his elder brother Rohit Dhawan

Vickey Lalwani,Mumbai Mirror | Sep 16, 2014, 12.00 AM IST

Lover boy Varun Dhawan will be soon be seen as an action hero. And he will be directed his own brother, Rohit Dhawan. Sajid Nadiadwala has signed both of David Dhawan's sons for his upcoming film. Rohit, who has assisted his father in several films, made his directorial debut in 2011 with Akshay Kumar-John Abraham starrer 'Desi Boyz'. 

Sajid Nadiadwala signs Varun and his elder brother Rohit Dhawan
Varun Dhawan

A source close to the development told Mirror, "Rohit had directed portions of Main Tera Hero when David was taken ill during the making." The director, known for his rib-tickling comedies, had collapsed on the sets in Bangkok last October. 

When contacted, Sajid said, "Doing a film with Rohit is an emotional reunion. He had assisted his dad in two of my films, Judwaa and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi. I need one more hero. However, there will be only one heroine. I have to lock the cast by October end." 

The film rolls in March. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wonder what genre it will be as Varun said it will be different from comedy. Like it will be comedy but not like his fathers
VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Arrey yaar Varun!
Rohit's Desi Boyz is one of the most pathetic movies I ever saw. 😆
Anyways TFS!
Originally posted by: Bloody.Passion

Arrey yaar Varun!
Rohit's Desi Boyz is one of the most pathetic movies I ever saw. 😆
Anyways TFS!

True 😆 

His brother though. So I hope he makes something good here. Something hatke. As Rohit wants to.

Anyway - I am not liking Varun's upcoming directors 😡 Besides Sriram Raghavan. All are mediocre directors - Mohit Suri, Rohit Dhawan or Remo D'Souza (though he execute some amazing dance sequence in his films).
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Rohit can't direct, if Desi Boys is anything to go by. Hasn't got his dad's talent. 
Originally posted by: Humsafar.

Rohit can't direct, if Desi Boys is anything to go by. Hasn't got his dad's talent. 

He's meh!!! But I guess he got his training in MTH but hoping it's not a slapstick comedy but a rom-com or drama - comedy or action even. 😆

John had signed the film but now opted out. Wonder why?🤔
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
^^ I hope for Varun's sake it's a decent film.

Honestly, I would rather David direct Varun again than Rohit.

John probably wants to work on his home productions, he's got heaps lined up.
Wasn't MTH ghost directed by the Dhawan Bros? Even Chashme Baddoor had Rohit's touch. 
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: NailClipper

Even Chashme Baddoor had Rohit's touch. 

That's probably why it flopped ðŸ˜†

Rohit should take his dad's inputs for whatever film he takes up, that'd be a way of ensuring that it doesn't flop ðŸ˜› 

DevilishSaira thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I hope thy take parineeti
I really want to see these two