Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: deejagi

Radhika thanks for the PM. a very opt post on Jodha & Jalal and their thought process and how they are compatible with each other. I have no much knowledge of Islamic religion and about the Prophet and his kids. But I have heard and aware of one fact that is being followed in every community is that "to name the child after their deity or on their great ancestor to give respect to them and at the same time to bless that child to be like them, Great and lovable and caring, as a whole to be a good person. even today we follow that, even though we name the child in line with their birth star and also some names, the first name that will be given to the child will be either the Deity's or of the ancestor and will bless the child with longer life and enhance their name and fame.

So even Jodha thought the same and since it is the name for twins, she didn't want to divide them by name (of different religion) and hence would have decided on the names of the twin brothers from Mughal religion as the kids were the heirs to the Mughal sultanate.

Jaya,

You have explained Jo's thought process in naming the kids so well. 👏

Actually this thread is not about any religion but about how JJ transcend every difference between them and turn it into a stepping stone between their souls. Please do share the moments when you felt JJ were able to cross cultural barriers and reach out to each other to offer / share / seek companionship, support, guidance, love, trust and respect. 😊
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ILTHBEB

Very beautiful post,radhika.
I wl post my view later.

Ilthbeb,

Don't forget to do so 😉 I love your views a lot. You speak from the heart! 🤗
RadhikaS0 thumbnail

Ayushi,

If you were in front of me, I'd hug you! Written beautifully. ⭐️But I still want to hear more from you. 😆 Pls see my request ^^^. 

RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Originally posted by: abstract2

The character of Ruqs seems a lot like the famous Lady Jessica in Dune book series. 

She was a concubine to everyone but her consort who treated her like a wife. She had all the duties of a wife but none of its titles or respect.

Interesting take in the same way here too!

Really?! Pls tell me more about this Lady Jessica and the story. Seems highly interesting 😊 
abhi786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Radhika wonderful post.. Missed your post sorry...

Enjoying JJ very much, especially previous day when Jo suggested the names TWIN child...Your post got me know who are Hassan & Hussain... I liked the fact that Jalaal wanted a fair share that one child will be given Hindu name, while hearing from JO the names Jallal is mesmerized by her knowledge and  respect ...

Ruqu don't have that much understanding, at least I am happy in her selfishness she is trying to take care of JO... I miss HB & SB what are they doing ?

Yesterday JJ scenes are good and perfect sync and understand each other.. I liked Jalaal understood her worry is of MA health, so he wanted to remove JO worry by sending MA away, as for him now JO & his ids safety is the priority and he doesn't want to take any risk...

NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8
Beautiful post radhika 😳 loved it wen Jo kept hassan and hussain names and the reason for keeping those two names is amazing... 😳
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Updated post (res 1) on Pg 1. 
MaddyO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: RadhikaS0

JA episodes are like oysters with pearls hidden inside. These pearls are available to those treasure hunters who can discover them through tenacity and persistence. 😊

Abhay illustrated one such pearl (the shloka Jodha recited at Atga's death) in an earlier thread:

HE Questioned "HIS Shadow" BUT Answer Came from SOUL [ https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4147635] 

- now closed. 

There have been many such instances in the past when JJ have sought comfort and solace in their / the other's faith. For instance, Jalal lit the diya for Kanha when Jodha was battling the spread of poison through her body.

(Side Note: Feel free to share nuggets you may have discovered in JA till date. 😊)

Yesterday's episode had one such special moment. Jodha chose the Prophet Muhammad's grandsons' names for her to-be born babies. This was a heart-warming moment because Jalal was just then telling Ruq that one of the babies must have a Rajput name. It was so enthralling to watch JJ cherish each other's culture and ethos in such a beautiful manner.

Why these names only? Has anyone thought about this?

The names, Hasan and Hussein, are sometimes bestowed on twins. Both names mean beautiful. Hasan and Hussein were destined to be martyrs from the beginning. The Prophet was therefore both sad and happy at their birth and took their care upon himself and tried to protect them from evil. Their mother, Fatima, was a deeply knowledgeable and chaste lady.

If we compare this with JJ's situation, then, the twins were destined to sacrifice their lives for their father. Their mother, Jodha, was also a knowledgeable and chaste lady.

It may be possible that Jodha consciously chose these names for the babies, as a loving gesture of her acceptance of Jalal's faith. It may also be that the thought (of the names) was implanted in her subconscious by a Universal Force.  

It is a belief in some communities that the destinies of a parent and child are sometimes linked together, esp their lifetimes. There is a popular story of how Babur laid down his life to save Humayun. May be the twins took on the danger that was to befall on Jalal upon themselves and died in his stead.

Jalal was mesmerized by Jodha's ability to rise above the mundane and think of evocative things. To him, at that point in time, Allah and his Prophet were of prime significance. When Jodha chose names that were so close to the God he prayed to, he was stunned. By selecting these names, Jodha was declaring her commitment to him and his beliefs in strong terms. Just as Jalal wanted to commit himself to her and her faith by choosing a name from her community for their child.

This is where JJ's love shines through. For a magical moment, I was taken to the world of Della and Jim in Saki's The Gift of the Magi. JJ truly live for each other and cherish anything that is attached to the other in any manner. How beautifully this was shown last night!   

Side Note: 

Though Ruq was also present there, she was as good as being invisible to them, lost as

they were in their own Blissful Soul World. Try as she might, Ruq may take away their

children, power, and titles, but she can never enter their private world. There, she will

always be a stranger, an Outsider peeping in and longing to enter like a vagabond

looking longingly into a warm, cosy home on a winter's eve, knowing he can never

actually do so. Ruq may acquire the Importance of being the Mother of the Heir

Apparent. But the price she would pay for this would be the love, respect, and

friendship of her husband. Jalal may seemingly be friendly and normal with her. But

does he seek her company, or her counsel, or attach any importance to her? No.

Radhika super post. 
Your side note is wonderful description of Ruk.

I can think of the most important act which made Jodha change her mind about Jalal - when he put his head at the feet of Goddess and completed Jodha's mannat.

Mannat was taken in the first episode and Jodha's regret at thinking she can never complete the mannat was eating at her when she went to Temple.  How Jalal saw in Jodha's eyes she did not have sukoon even after praying and asked her what troubled her?  The way Jodha poured out her hurt and the way Jalal said to put head at someone's feet do not have to cut it but just have to bow.

It was lovely scene and when Jalal asked Jodha why she hated him so much?  It had all his eagerness his hidden feelings his nervousness his hope in it.  Jalal not just completed Jodha's mannat he showed her how much her vow meant to him.

It remains one of my favorite episodes.

ILTHBEB thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have impressed to hear Hasan n Hussain name in Jodha's mouth as her would b twins's names. She is deserved to get esteem that very soon she has learned abt Allah's most favorite prophet Hazrat Muhammad Mustofa (S.W.A) n his extreme fondness grandsons Hasan n Hussain. Epic Islamic names were selected for twins unborn boy.
But i m in dilemma to think when jalal n ruq were altercating abt gals or not boys, Jodha came out with solution of naming the unborn baby boys as Hasan n Hussain then as like as others would b common moms was Jodha's hidden wish also unborn twins would to be boys! Then in this section my vouching is on dady cool Jalal as he wants gals over boys.lol
cocoatree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
What a awesome title!!  Great interpretation among the names tagging..Hassan and Hussain!! 👍🏼
JJ relationship always remained as oyster and pearls.. Spiritual connection between JJ, depth and purity of their love can't even be measured.. I always admired these two contrast personalities worshiping and cherishing their respective cultures wholeheartedly.. My special pearl scene, where Jalal teaching Jo in doing namaaz.. All are my favourite one I couldn't pick up one but again.. That was a divinefilled connection between JJ.. ❤️