Jodha Akbar

Oysters and Pearls Updt 16/9 Pg 1 - Page 8

preetgurti thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: RadhikaS0

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" color="#0000ff" size="3">Update: Sept 16 Episode</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#ff00ff">Disclaimer: This post is, as is usual for me, quite late in the day. Those who have had more than what they can take of last night's episode should refrain from reading further.😛</font>

Last night's episode touched my heart because of <font color="#0000ff">the way the Jalal-Jodha marriage has progressed, blending their different personalities, different attitudes, different world views, and different expectations into a harmonious melody.</font>
The scene where Ruq whips Resham could have rapidly resulted in a major MU between JJ, leading to a hot exchange of views or a cold war. Ruq proclaimed to Jodha in just slightly hidden glee that Maham had once again succeeded in driving a wedge between them.

And I felt so too judging by the manner in which Jalal received the news of Jodha having invited Resham to her hojra for a nocturnal tryst to inquire about the health of a dying Maham and walked away. He seemed then to be like a man who cannot believe his wife is hobnobbing with the enemy behind his back.

A stricken Jodha tiptoed to him and apologized gracefully. I was waiting with bated breath to see Jalal's reaction. And did he surprise me!!! He was so calm and woebegone as he asked her piteously why she constantly invited trouble and why he was forced to ask her time and again the reason why she had done something.

He understood she had a generous and kind heart that could not see anyone in trouble and leapt to their defence even before they asked for help or even if they refused her help. But he also had the responsibility to take care of her and the kids and he felt that she was endangering herself and the kids by exposing herself to an unpredictable Maham. He wanted her to understand his duty towards his wife and kids and mould her actions accordingly. But she told him that Maham was on the death bed and she couldn't leave her to die.

Jalal could have enforced his writ. But he chose to take an alternate path that would ensure that Maham stayed far away from Jodha and could no longer harm her.

Was Jodha not thinking about Jalal's POV? In fact, she was thinking exactly from his perspective, <font color="#0000ff">a perspective that had become clouded in him due to a maelstrom of emotions stirred by Maham. </font>

This became amply clear when Ruq interrupted their private moment and announced grandly that Maham didn't deserve anyone's pity or love. The look Jalal gave her spoke volumes about how he felt about Maham and Ruq at that point. A lesser person would have identified the feeling embedded in that piercing look. But not Ruq.

It was that look that told me why Jalal was not upset with Jodha for meeting Maham. He was still attached by an invisible umbilical cord to her.

Yes, he was afraid of her desire to hurt Jodha and their babies. And felt that she might try to make the curse come true by taking suitable action. Resham's presence and the tunnel with SD and a dead soldier in itnear Jodha's hojra at night seemed to him as if his worst nightmares were coming true.

Yet, he still winced to know that Maham was in the last days of her life. She had nurtured him during most of his life and had become a part of his being. He couldn't cut her away from his being even if he wanted to. Such is a child's innocent love for a mother-figure.

<font color="#0000ff">A part of Jalal wanted to reach out to Maham and alleviate her suffering. A part of him felt guilt-ridden for having snatched Adham away from her. A part of him held back from her, not for what she had done to him but for what she could do to his wife and kids. All these conflicting emotions of pain, anger, hurt, betrayal, love and attachment were gnawing at his heart like hungry rats. He was perhaps slightly comforted by the fact that at least Jodha was free of this dilemma and could personally take care of Maham.</font>

Ruq seems oblivious of Jalal's agony regarding Maham's situation and takes veritable pleasure in rubbing in the heels of her jootis into his still open wounds.

The entire episode and esp this encounter underlines how close JJ have become, so much so that each understands what the other wants / needs, will do / can do and then takes affirmative action to support the other. <font color="#0000ff">It's not how long we know a person but how well we understand a person that is important in sustaining a relationship.</font>

The level of trust and comfort between them in sharing their innermost thoughts and accepting each other, as is, is amazing. People like SD and Ruq can only see the external aspects of the JJ relationship; they cannot gauge its depth and intensity.

beautiful radhika amazing 👏 😳 😊 I am so delighted to read your views I am all grinning exactly like I was watching episode
no words
there love trust is strengthen this is base which abhay was mentioning the maturity with possessiveness the love these two share its generations to learn how there love is ahead everything and now reached a level where they are walking in same direction weather thought is diff but there rastaa is one

Mere dil main aaj kya hai tu kahe toh main batado
teri zulf phir sawaron teri maang sajadoon

Mujhe devta banakar teri chahaton ne pooja
Mera pyaar keh raha hai main tujhe khuda banadon

Koi dhundne bhi aye toh humein dhoondh nd na paaye
main tujhe kahin chupadi tu mujhe kahin chupale

Mere bajuyon main aakar tera dard chain paaye
Tere gesuyon mai n chupkar main jahan ka ghum bholadoon

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice post Radhika... Different and moving thoughts. Abhay. Can't quote. technical issue... good one. btw. wanna know. what sacrifice is being discussed? the kids sacrificed for jalal? how so? want to know... ruqiaya will always be ruqaiya... she is like the odd one... i am not watching the show... cant comment on shots. i have resolved to watch the show ONLY if Jalal wears some decent clothes. NOT the snake clothes. 
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: najma123

Nice post Radhika... Different and moving thoughts. Abhay. Can't quote. technical issue... good one. btw. wanna know. what sacrifice is being discussed? the kids sacrificed for jalal? how so? want to know... ruqiaya will always be ruqaiya... she is like the odd one... i am not watching the show... cant comment on shots. i have resolved to watch the show ONLY if Jalal wears some decent clothes. NOT the snake clothes. 

Najma,
Your patented post... 😉 You should watch the show, infact yesterday's episode at least..You'll Enjoy it..As for the "snakes" clothes, i suppose, your ishara is towards the "brown suit" which Jalal wore recently..😆 .. About the sacrifice of the Kids, we are just comparing the present names of TO BE born Twins with the 2 Kids who sacrificed their loves for their father, they too had the same name, and ironically(?) , " we are told " that in present case also, the twins sacrifice their Life for their Father..😊

PS : Ruqayya = Ruqayya, no doubt. 😉

RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: abhi786

Radhika wonderful post.. Missed your post sorry...

Enjoying JJ very much, especially previous day when Jo suggested the names TWIN child...Your post got me know who are Hassan & Hussain... I liked the fact that Jalaal wanted a fair share that one child will be given Hindu name, while hearing from JO the names Jallal is mesmerized by her knowledge and  respect ...

Ruqu don't have that much understanding, at least I am happy in her selfishness she is trying to take care of JO... I miss HB & SB what are they doing ?

Yesterday JJ scenes are good and perfect sync and understand each other.. I liked Jalaal understood her worry is of MA health, so he wanted to remove JO worry by sending MA away, as for him now JO & his ids safety is the priority and he doesn't want to take any risk...

Abhi,

Thanks for posting lovely views. 😊

I feel Ruq is not taking care of Jodha; she is exerting control over her and the kid she has been given. I'd have thought that Ruq would have rights over her child after the child is born. But here Ruq is controlling the child right from the womb! 🤢😡 

I read Diksha's take on Jalal sending away Maham. She felt that Jalal was running away from his love for Maham. He wouldn't be able to see Maham die in front of his eyes and is therefore sending her away so that he doesn;'t have to see her take her last breath.

What do you think? 😊
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Akdhaparijatluv

Beautiful post radhika 😳 loved it wen Jo kept hassan and hussain names and the reason for keeping those two names is amazing... 😳

Thanks, Bhavna! 

Yes, the entire story behind the twins is amazing. Not just their names but also the way they are going to die for their parents' sake. 😭 

vinitaj27 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanx Radhika for such an amazing insight into jalal's psych. It is true that they can understand each other so well now that they don't require words to be spoken . They can understand what the other person really wants. 
I just remembered smthg i had read a long time ago.
There is no such thing as a perfect man or a perfect woman, its just that they are perfect for each other.
This holds true for both jalal n jodha.
Edited by vinitaj27 - 9 years ago
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MaddyO

Radhika super post. 
Your side note is wonderful description of Ruk.

I can think of the most important act which made Jodha change her mind about Jalal - when he put his head at the feet of Goddess and completed Jodha's mannat.

Mannat was taken in the first episode and Jodha's regret at thinking she can never complete the mannat was eating at her when she went to Temple.  How Jalal saw in Jodha's eyes she did not have sukoon even after praying and asked her what troubled her?  The way Jodha poured out her hurt and the way Jalal said to put head at someone's feet do not have to cut it but just have to bow.

It was lovely scene and when Jalal asked Jodha why she hated him so much?  It had all his eagerness his hidden feelings his nervousness his hope in it.  Jalal not just completed Jodha's mannat he showed her how much her vow meant to him.

It remains one of my favorite episodes.

Maddy,

About Ruq first - She is irritating me these days, esp yesterday - the way she was literally holding Jodha physically to stop her from going to Maham and the way she was going on that Jodha had to take good care of "Ruq's baby" growing in Jodha's stomach. 

How can an unborn baby be hers already? Why is she concerned only about "her child"? Why not both the twins? How can she exert authority over Jodha like this - both have equal status.

I am dreading the next track in which RUq tries to turn Jalal against Jodha and harm Jodha's baby and blame it on Jodha.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no serious MU or separation between JJ.

Coming to the Mannat fulfilling episode - I also loved the way Jalal understood something was bothering Jodha and the way he fulfilled her mannat. He was already falling in love with her and wanted her to love him back equally. He wanted to remove anything in her vicinity that bothered her and just make her happy. 

Jodha too was touched that not only had he come to a temple along with her, thus showing respect for her faith, but he had fulfilled her wish, showing his respect for Jodha and her wishes.😳

Thanks for reminding me of that lovely episode again! 🤗

RadhikaS0 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ILTHBEB

I have impressed to hear Hasan n Hussain name in Jodha's mouth as her would b twins's names. She is deserved to get esteem that very soon she has learned abt Allah's most favorite prophet Hazrat Muhammad Mustofa (S.W.A) n his extreme fondness grandsons Hasan n Hussain. Epic Islamic names were selected for twins unborn boy.
But i m in dilemma to think when jalal n ruq were altercating abt gals or not boys, Jodha came out with solution of naming the unborn baby boys as Hasan n Hussain then as like as others would b common moms was Jodha's hidden wish also unborn twins would to be boys! Then in this section my vouching is on dady cool Jalal as he wants gals over boys.lol

Nabiii,

Nothing of the sort! 😆

Jodha and Jalal had already decided upon the names of the girls as Radha and Razia. They hadn't picked the names of the boys. So when Jalal asked for the names of the boys, Jodha volunteered these beautiful names. 😊
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: chocobrownies

What a awesome title!!  Great interpretation among the names tagging..Hassan and Hussain!! 👍🏼

JJ relationship always remained as oyster and pearls.. Spiritual connection between JJ, depth and purity of their love can't even be measured.. I always admired these two contrast personalities worshiping and cherishing their respective cultures wholeheartedly.. My special pearl scene, where Jalal teaching Jo in doing namaaz.. All are my favourite one I couldn't pick up one but again.. That was a divinefilled connection between JJ.. ❤️

Archana,

Thanks! 😳

I also liked that scene a lot. It reminds me of the first time JJ went to Ajmer. Jodha was trying to imitate Jalal in praying at the dargah. At that, Jalal told her that she could desist from praying at the dargah if her faith didn't allow her to do so. But she replied beautifully that all paths lead to God and she learnt from him how to pray there with hands and head raised up to God and not bowed down. 

This, in turn, reminds me of how Jalal copied Jodha's style of praying when they went to the Kali Maa temple in the Sukanya wedding track.

Really, even in their mutual ghrina stage, they respected each other's faith and their right to pray as per that faith. You are so right - truly a divine couple. 😊

RadhikaS0 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: preetgurti

beautiful radhika amazing 👏 😳 😊 I am so delighted to read your views I am all grinning exactly like I was watching episode
no words
there love trust is strengthen this is base which abhay was mentioning the maturity with possessiveness the love these two share its generations to learn how there love is ahead everything and now reached a level where they are walking in same direction weather thought is diff but there rastaa is one

Mere dil main aaj kya hai tu kahe toh main batado
teri zulf phir sawaron teri maang sajadoon

Mujhe devta banakar teri chahaton ne pooja
Mera pyaar keh raha hai main tujhe khuda banadon

Koi dhundne bhi aye toh humein dhoondh nd na paaye
main tujhe kahin chupadi tu mujhe kahin chupale

Mere bajuyon main aakar tera dard chain paaye
Tere gesuyon mai n chupkar main jahan ka ghum bholadoon

Thanks, Preet! 😳

Lovely song! 😊👏

Preet, you know what I like MOST about Jodha - her COMPLETE HONESTY in relationships. 

You can see the purity on her face, the calm in her eyes, the steely strength in her voice - no matter who she is interacting with, she is nothing less than transparent. It could be Ruq or Maham, Hamida or Jalal, Salima or Bakshi. In personal life or in court. 

She was honest in telling Jalal that she met Resham Khan to inquire about the health of Maham and even after Ruq told her that Jalal was upset with her, Jodha plucked courage and spoke to Jalal about the reasons for her action. 

Yesterday she looked Hamida in the eye and told her that she had lied to Maham to ensure that Maham had a reason to live. 

It is this kind of honesty in Jodha that appeals to me. She doesn't mind if the other person is temporarily upset with her - all it matters to her is that there should be no web of deceit or lies in her close relationships and there is trust and faith in the long run