rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
KANK once again proved that KJo is better off doing candyfloss films like KKHH & SOTY..The moment he takes up a sensitive or serious subject, it falls flat 😆 I was totally rooting for Abhi & Preity to get together towards the end 😆 That said, the film had gorgeous songs..Mitwa & Tumhi Dekho Na are such gems  ❤️

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: poppy2009

And KJo wasn't bold enough to show that SRK and Rani cheat, because they are simply bored in their marriages...he wanted to maintain sympathy for their characters from the audience.

IMO, it was a silly film on a very serious topic.

Good point. I remember Kjo talking about that as one of his mistakes. He built up the guilt factor so badly while they were about to check in to the hotel that it backfired. He wanted it to show it as impulsive in the first place. 
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: awesomegurti

I remember Tabu Monish Behl movie sm wt infidelity concept
Wr tabu has an affair with Monish
I think tabu got so much critical acclaim fr that movie

Astitva. Amazing movie! Once again, an indepth, honest portryal of someone trapped in an unhappy marriage and what drives them to cheat.

And Tabu played a very traditional, orthodox stay-at-home wife who has an affair with her Music teacher. Tabu was just fantastic in the movie!
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Astitva. Amazing movie! Once again, an indepth, honest portryal of someone trapped in an unhappy marriage and what drives them to cheat.

And Tabu played a very traditional, orthodox stay-at-home wife who has an affair with her Music teacher. Tabu was just fantastic in the movie!

Lunchbox is sorta similar too right?
awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

</div>
<div>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Astitva. Amazing movie! Once again, an indepth, honest portryal of someone trapped in an unhappy marriage and what drives them to cheat.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">And Tabu played a very traditional, orthodox stay-at-home wife who has an affair with her Music teacher. Tabu was just fantastic in the movie!</font>

Yep This one oly 😳 tabu was simply 👏

Direction fantastic

Viewers can't hate tabu role bcz director portrayed in such a way that ppl can place them in tabu place
Here KJo made viewers to hate leads 😆 n d concept also bakwas
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: awesomegurti

I remember Tabu Monish Behl movie sm wt infidelity concept
Wr tabu has an affair with Monish
I think tabu got so much critical acclaim fr that movie

R u talking abt astitva ?? I really liked the concept of the movie and tabu's acting..
awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: preep

R u talking abt astitva ?? I really liked the concept of the movie and tabu's acting..

Yep preep Astitva oly tabu movie   😳
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Roger,

Yes, the songs were marvellous! And so was their picturization. NYC and Philadelphia shot gorgeously. I remember reading that it is KJo's favorite city in the world...you could see that he had put all his love into shooting the place, rather than concentrate on the story and characters!

@Scorp,

He shouldn't have chickened out...if you are making a movie on such a subject, then go all out. Either show a valid reason or else give no justification at all...show the characters as being completely self-motivated.
Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It could be a great film but KJO totally destroyed it with the direction and the pathetic story.
SRK-Rani were beyond selfish and egoistic, I felt no sympathy for them at all. I felt in fact sympathy for abhishek and preity. 

KJO didn't highlight well what srk-rani were missing and what desires they wanted to get fulfilled, even what srk-rani shared was very shallow.

The worst part was rani's character, there was not much reasons for why she left abhishek. SRK makes a bit sense, he was not happy in his relationship at all and felt his wife wasn't giving him enough attention.

What really made the film terrible for me was how SRK leaves his son and mother, especially his son. KJO tried hard to show western culture but that failed. 

Yes western couples gets divorced a lot but they ALWAYS support their children and don't leave them, at least not in most cases, they stay in contact with their children and the parents decide how much each of them will be with the children.

so lots of things went wrong with a film which dealed with a good subject.

the songs were great though!
Edited by Meherbaan - 9 years ago
Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: rogerrocks

KANK once again proved that KJo is better off doing candyfloss films like KKHH & SOTY..The moment he takes up a sensitive or serious subject, it falls flat 😆 I was totally rooting for Abhi & Preity to get together towards the end 😆 That said, the film had gorgeous songs..Mitwa & Tumhi Dekho Na are such gems  ❤️

Hehe. I can't remember the singer's name right now, but something like that happened in her life. Her husband cheated on her with her best friend who was also married. Singer ended up with her husband after that. 😆

Edit: Shania Twain

Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 9 years ago