Posted: 9 years ago

I need to clarify a bit of my post.

Infidelity does not always need an unhappy marriage. Even happy marriages can end up in cheating. People fall out of love or change what they want in life  I think KJo was trying to show that in KANK which I commend him for. But the execution was bad and characters unlikable.

Otherwise many other movies have shown infidelity besides KANK.

I think the issue with KANK was that it was neither here nor there..Karan should have either taken the conventional route & showed valid reasons as to why Rani & SRK chose to cheat or gone the realistic way & been brave enough to show that ppl at times fall in love post marriage too even if their partner is a perfectly good person..This reminds me of Mohit Suri's recent interview where he spoke about this πŸ˜† The issue here was that Karan din bother to provide valid reasons( which is fine) yet he went ahead & justified the cheating and tried to gain sympathy for the leads ..Part of the reason why it backfired IMO πŸ˜† That said, most of Imtiaz's films are also based on extramarital affairs..His films actually reflect his thinking that marriage makes a person mediocre πŸ˜†
Edited by rogerrocks - 9 years ago
Most people hated it because they have a problem with the concept, in and of itself. Most people cannot fathom that infidelity can also happen in what they consider "happy" marriages. There's something called boredom and falling out of love, which majority cannot grasp. 
Anyway, I disliked it because of the execution of the subject. Like Poppy said, Astitva is a better representation of how this subject could have been executed better. KANK was shallow and typical candy floss Kjo matter. 
It was a very confused movie. I understood SRK's dilemma, but Rani came off a such a sob queen. I doubt a woman like that can be happy anywhere. It could have been so much better & KJO should have had mumbai as the backdrop than NewYork. 
Originally posted by rogerrocks

I think the issue with KANK was that it was neither here nor there..Karan should have either taken the conventional route & showed valid reasons as to why Rani & SRK chose to cheat or gone the realistic way & been brave enough to show that ppl at times fall in love post marriage too even if their partner is a perfectly good person..This reminds me of Mohit Suri's recent interview where he spoke about thisπŸ˜† The issue here was that Karan din bother to provide valid reasons( which is fine) yet he went ahead & justified the cheating and tried to gain sympathy for the leads ..Part of the reason why it backfired IMO πŸ˜† That said, most of Imtiaz's films are also based on extramarital affairs..His films actually reflect his thinking that marriage makes a person mediocre πŸ˜†

Sympathy mili na πŸ˜† ab pz ko πŸ˜†
N btw hw u felt Fed US open loss
Originally posted by awesomegurti

Sympathy mili na πŸ˜† ab pz ko πŸ˜†
N btw hw u felt Fed US open loss

Urgh lets not go there Am happy for Cilic though..Better than Rafa or Djoker winning πŸ˜†
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Urgh lets not go there Am happy for Cilic though..Better than Rafa or Djoker winning πŸ˜†

Hehe cilic 😲 u supported cilic who beaten fed πŸ˜†

Rafa coming nw πŸ˜† Nole busy with fatherhood
I loved the movie...it was very different from most romantic hindi movies where girl and boy in the end are together and life is wonderful types. The reality is quite different, marriage is a lot of work...it takes time, communication and effort to make it work...people don't always remain in 'love'...I think KJo tried in his own way to show that...I loved SRK's lines in the movie especially the opera scene and the hospital one with Rani where he says...Khali hai tumhari zindagi,,,tumhari aankhon mein dikhtha hai..mere aakhon ki tarha..I don't know why but that line and that scene really touched me.😭..and I also agree Amitabh was way OTT as the sex crazed creepy old man🀒
KJo has great ideas, he also has major execution problems. MNIK is one glaring example. KKHH is another. KANK is also in the same genre of good idea, bad execution. 

The concept was good but the execution was horrible