Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Enough about the direction, screenplay, and acting in this movie, how is the cinematography? Well, the cinematography is a visual treat for the viewer, but it is a direct copy in cinematography as Kal Ho Na Ho. The movie is shot in New York and has the exact same feel as in Kal Ho Na Ho. While New York is an amazing place for movie shootings, Karan Johar, you really need to start looking at new locations for forthcoming movies (that is if you have guts enough to make another movie after this disaster).
awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
As if it was not enough for audiences to experience 3 hours of nothing-ness, weak acting, and direction, the climax is even worse. The movie moves in a downward spiral to a climax that is supposed to make audiences scream for joy, cheer, and clap for Dev and Maya, but rather it creates anger and disgust for Dev and Maya. In fact, the real heroes of the movie are Rhea and Rishi. Audiences feel a sense of real empathy towards these characters. In the end, Audiences realize the movie was a big waste of time and money. All in all, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna fails in acting, direction, screenplay and most importantly lacks soul and feeling for the situations and characters.

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Bad execution, superficial, bad acting. 
Also, ...I think actor's real-life images were part of the reason why people hated it more so. It became too hard to accept that they would do this, even if it's just a role. Also, just reinforces that they weren't able to act well enough that we forgot they were SRK and Rani...nor did they rise above the superficial script. 

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I never understood Rani's character in the film ..Why she fell in love with SRK 's character dev ..when she had such a lovely husband as Rishi..Dev was not a very lovable character anyway ...

cinematography and music were awesome ..probably best of Kjo's films
Tumhi dekho naa...marvelous melody
Originally posted by: SmritiKatha

cinematography and music were awesome ..probably best of Kjo's films
Tumhi dekho naa...marvelous melody

+1

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: poppy2009

Oh!πŸ˜† Chalo, he had some redemption! Ha! Ha! Preity's slap! Best thing ever! Do aur padne chahiye the!

Yup I would have taken out my sharpest heels...but this story had so many flaws...Do u remember when Abhishek is getting married and Preity sees Rani...and says ...ki woh Canada jaa raha hai...and jao apne pyaar ko bacha lo...something like that...and I am like dude πŸ˜²...she is the woman ur husband cheated on u with...don't be Mother Teresa now...be REALπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
ExcuseMePlz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I watched this film once and that was enough.Shahrukh and Rani's character was not good not bad they were both irritating and they both deserved each other.Abhishek and Preity deserved better especially Abhishekh's character was so good and Abhi played his role amazingly.When I finished watching it I tried to find a reason for their cheating.I find out one for Shahrukh but couldn't find any reason for Rani.But even that couldn't help me to rewatch it.Dev was the worst character Shahrukh has ever played.

I saw an interview of Karan in Anupama Chopra's show and Imtiaz,Homi also participated in the interview.There Karan said if he will get a chance of remaking any of his films then he will remake KANK.And he will change his perceptions about certain things and he will not show SRK and Rani guilty in that hotel scene,he will show them in love.And Imtiaz and Homi also agreed with him that because Dev and Maya were feeling guilty thats the reason audiences couldn't connect with them.He didn't want to justify Dev and Maya by showing Rishi and Rhea in a bad light.

In my opinion,Karan himself believed infedilty is wrong and thats the reason in the film those characters were feeling guilty and audiences couldn't feel any sympathy towards them.He probably thought he will show no one wrong, no one right but while writing couldn't surpress his beliefs and got confused.He could have easily create sympathy for Dev and Maya but he didn't.When the writers want they can garner sympathy for even a murderer.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
kank was average! and it wasn't the controversial topic, it was the fact that infidelity issue could have been dealt with better! it has been explored better in films like astitva and bas ek pal!
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I didn't like how SRK-Rani's characters were selfish...and they still end up together at the end. Ridiculous in my opinion.
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
The whole movie didnt make sense . If u are not happy with your marriage just get divorced .Simple
Edited by Deathstroke - 9 years ago