Shahid : I am confident about Haider, I hope Bang Bang also does well!

vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Shahid Kapoor: I am confident about Haider, I hope Bang Bang also does well!

Tue, September 16, 2014 8:15pm UTC by Namrata Thakker

Sasha's upcoming film Haider won't be a solo release but the B-town hunk isn't worried at all...

Vishal Bhardwaj's much-awaited film Haider, starring Shahid Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor in the lead, will release next month on October 2 which is the longest weekend of this year. And on the same day Sidharth Anand's directorial venture Bang Bang starring Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif will also hit the theaters. Well, both the films look promising and expectations are sky high from them. But we all know when two films clash at the box office, usually one of them walks away with the bigger money pie. Since Bang Bang is a massy genre, it has an upper hand we thinks. However, Shahid believes both the films will fare well. In fact, he wants Hrithik's film to do well.

In a media interaction, he told us, "We knew pehle se hi ki Bang Bang was releasing on the same day as our film Haider. I hope Bang Bang does really well, I really like Hrithik's work and its looking really good. But I am very confident about my film. And I feel what Haider is offering the audience, Bang Bang can't offer and vice versa. So there are two very distinct choices for people to make. Bang Bang is made at a very different budget and Haider on a different. So I don't see them clashing in terms of offering the audience the same thing."

He further added, "Also its a five day weekend which again very rarely happens. Three day weekend is enough to handle two big films and we have seen that in the past. And we have made Haider on a strict budget so for us to recover money it won't take as much time as any other film of mine would have taken. So I have no reason to worry as such coz eventually people want to see good films."

Well, we kinda agree with the Kapoor lad. At the end, its all about a good film and we are pretty sureHaider won't disappoint us in that aspect!

Edited by vssaras - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xoxsusanxox thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Good luck Shahid  :)))
Tfs
vssaras thumbnail
Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Did he get paid? 

Although he chose not to name himself as a producer for Haider...Shahid will be taking 1/3 rd of the profits along with UTV & VB...in lieu of his paycheck...
Edited by vssaras - 9 years ago
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Good luck shahid 
will def goo watch haider if it comees too minee country 
karan-007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I will watch Haider for sure have huge expectations from the movie n Shahid😊
Arey tu Haider pe dhyan de, Bang Bang ka worry mat kar pappu.
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Divider

Arey tu Haider pe dhyan de, Bang Bang ka worry mat kar pappu.

abysmal acha bhi bolta hain 😲
vssaras thumbnail
@RealBoxofice: Non stop holiday's ll bring more health to #BangBang & #Haider @ Boxoffice.
2nd,3rd,5th,6th,7th,8th,11th,12th October are the Holidays. ,.,.

These guys are talking of even more number of holidays!!...🥳
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: --SH7_Sunny--

abysmal acha bhi bolta hain 😲

exactly haider ka pata thikana nahi; doosron pe comments😊
vssaras thumbnail
Originally posted by: mahatma123

exactly haider ka pata thikana nahi; doosron pe comments😊

Tell the same to Hrithik also...why did he speak about Haider..exactly for the same reason Shahid spoke about BB...because the media asked them about the clash!...samjhe pappu!!...😛😆