The Vampire Diaries Season6 offical Poster Tears Damon&Elena Apart

Preethi1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

"The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 Poster Tears Damon And Elena Apart

Breaking down the clues in BuzzFeed's exclusive poster for Season 6 of The Vampire Diaries.

With Season 5 boasting The Vampire Diaries' biggest cliffhanger to date " and yes, I'm counting the time that Elena (Nina Dobrev) was turned into a vampire " fans have spent every single day of this summer hiatus wondering what the show will look like now that Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) are trapped on "the other side."

And while everyone is hoping for a passionate reunion between Damon and Elena, BuzzFeed's exclusive poster for Season 6 (premiering Oct. 2) shows the duo being quite literally pulled even further away from one another.

But that's not the only clue to the new season hidden within this stunning poster, inspired by Karl Pavlovich Brioullov's "The Last Day of Pompeii" and created by Brian Hunt, The Vampire Diaries' Senior Art Director. Let's break it all down.

Love will tear them apart

Our star-crossed lovers are positioned at opposite ends of the poster as Bonnie pulls Damon even further from Elena, who is in turn being lured to the right by Stefan (Paul Wesley). And what to make of Enzo (Michael Malarkey), who is literally between Elena and Stefan?

Will Damon's former bestie be what forever drives Elena and the Salvatore brothers apart?

Forever alone

While every character is seen running away from the hell that is breaking loose, Caroline (Candice Accola) lies on the ground " alone. While TVD never hesitates to kill off main characters, they wouldn't dare stake the best Miss Mystic Falls ever, right?

The lone wolf

Under a looming moon, Tyler (Michael Trevino) looks to be entering the beginning stages of a werewolf shift. He's spent years learning to sublimate his feral side, but perhaps this will be the year he embraces the call of nature and finally goes wild.

Like clockwork

Both clocks in the towers bookending the image appear to be set to 7:01. One of the greatest vampire TV shows of all time " Buffy the Vampire Slayer " spent the much of its third season tipping its hat to a major development in Season 4: the arrival of The Key, Dawn (Michelle Trachtenberg). I don't know about you, but I'm hoping this isn't sly foreshadowing that "time's up" for someone in Season 7!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
The new poster looks superb. Damon n Bonnie looks perfect with each other. 
Bamon finally. Stelena finally. Once again hoping , Delena will break up forever.
Nikki, please pressurize your beau, whom you've wrapped neatly around ur pretty fingers , so that he, in turn, pressurizes ( or threatens, or black mails, or bribes, whatever... ) , to end this delena crap for good.

Edited by Bamonforever - 9 years ago
bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
TVD rather end wirh Delena or I am done with the show for good!
.shinchan. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
The poster is amazing..
Bamon or Delena ..both r ok for me
i care fr Damon only ☺️
i still think TVd will go till S7..so anything can happen.its tvd..lol

tfs
pontiacbandit thumbnail
I don't like the look of this season's poster🥱
I still remember hyperventilating when I saw Season 5's poster for the first time and it looked so bloody amazing. I loved it! I still do.
I especially loved Stefan's where he was in front of the pond kind of thing and we could see his reflection indicating Silas! OMG! <3 I actually had high hopes on Season 5 but it turned out to be something totally different. :(

So what I'm trying to say is don't trust these posters😆

I think that article just over dramatized everything which wasn't necessary. But I like how they're all in different directions. And Elena looks like she's searching for Damon! I think Stelena holding hands doesn't mean they are getting back together.
Preethi1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: somergasm.

I still remember hyperventilating when I saw Season 5's poster for the first time and it looked so bloody amazing. I loved it! I still do.
I especially loved Stefan's where he was in front of the pond kind of thing and we could see his reflection indicating Silas! OMG! <3 I actually had high hopes on Season 5 but it turned out to be something totally different. :(

I think that article just over dramatized everything which wasn't necessary. But I like how they're all in different directions. And Elena looks like she's searching for Damon! I think Stelena holding hands doesn't mean they are getting back together.

i think stefen is pulling elena off the edge.. he wants elena to move on rather greive for damon.. doesnt mean stelena or bamon is going to happen🤢
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ I want TVD to end with Damon Elena!  
pontiacbandit thumbnail

And Delena is not crap😳
-Candz- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: somergasm.

You're right, the poster might hold some symbolism but I'm sure it isn't as dramatic as this article is making it out. I feel it may take a while for Damon and Bonnie to come back and Bonnie is holding on to Damon because they're all each other have right now and they're in this together. Stefan and Elena holding hands doesn't mean they're getting back together, I read some other article that says that Elena will lean on Stefan while she's in her sad state. Her looking back could mean what the promo showed, that she's looking for Damon everywhere and according to another article I read, Stefan isn't looking for Damon which is probably why he's looking away. The Caroline thing makes me feel that while Elena is grieving and Stefan is dealing who knows how, she's left out in the cold.
IforIPK thumbnail
superb poster
though stelena look good forever but I still crave for DELENA
and want them to be united at last😆👍🏼👍🏼