Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir

Ankush- First to come from Amrit Manthan

bluejalpari thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

New entry Ankush Prabhakar Joshi, who may be or may not be Kalindi's real son , is the first thing that came out of the Amrti Manthan going on at Agni Mansion. When the manthan happened between gods and rakshasas., several things good and bad had come out of it, including poison HALAHAL, Lakshmi Devi, Kamadhenu( /Divine Cow, blessing earth with everything..), Magic Horse , Kalpavriksha( tree that can give anything..and last came Dhanvantri( ayurvedic scholar and doctor of the Gods). Dhanvantri carried this pot of Amrit in his hands.

AS this manthan is happening in Agni Mansion, we saw Anjali parents come ang go, we saw Jyoti come and go, we saw Ganesha come and go..since Visarjan is done today. It seems all the elements in support of Anjali and Astha have left today.

Ankush means to control or restrain. What is he here to do? I think Ria is going to fall for him. He looks like Bigde Hue baap ki aulaad. Means that PRabhakar did not do a good job of raising him.
Maybe Kalindi will Sudharophy him. Is he here to control and restrain the Amrit Manthan?
So Kalindi's past is here full blown, property and son( step son). So now hopefully we get to see how Kalindi's past is related to Astha and Shlok.

Loved it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, that inspite of being told that only men have PARAMPARA of doing Visarjan , Astha provokes Anjali to break the Parampara and Anjali shows a defiant stance to the men and they both do it, like mother and daughter. Since when does any rule come between a woman and her God??
Ganesha was made by Parvati..a woman. Then how do the men on earth decide that a woman cannot do the Ganesh pooja and Visarjan?? Kudos to what the CVs showed today.๐Ÿ‘

Also, liked it that Shlok himself stepped aside by refusing to do the visrarjan, giving  a chance to the women. And he neither shouted nor stopped Anjali and Astha. Shlok very smartly is taking steps for the freedom of women, his anger and shouting at Astha is only instigating and provoking her more.

Good going CVs...episodes are keeping us gripped ...
Did not like Shlok speaking so rudely to his Nana...reall felt bad. But that Nana has raised his hand mean, NA would have really got it cut or got the man eliminated. Shlok said enough for the women to ask Nana Nani to leave...safely. Hopefully that was Shlok's intension..because he was quite silent and speculative before speaking to Nana.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

potomac thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nice post Jalpari๐Ÿ˜ƒ..time (CVS) should tell us If Ankush is poison or Amrit..I think his target would be Astha,because of her he lost his mothers love...Gosh!!i am cooking a story here.Will stop right away๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†..
Ganapathy was made by Parvathi..well said๐Ÿ‘..for some reason Ganapathy pooja's are not done  by women..๐Ÿค”...Today CVS broke the rule ..KUDOS!!!โญ๏ธ

keep writing Jalpari๐Ÿ˜›
Edited by potomac - 9 years ago
Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by-potomac

Nice post Jalpari๐Ÿ˜ƒ..time (CVS) should tell us If Ankush is poison or Amrit..I think his target would be Astha,because of her he lost his mothers love...Gosh!!i am cooking a story here.Will stop right away๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†..
Ganapathy was made by Parvathi..well said๐Ÿ‘..for some reason Ganapathy pooja's are not done  by women..๐Ÿค”...Today CVS broke the rule ..KUDOS!!!โญ๏ธ

keep writing Jalpari๐Ÿ˜›

Its the visarjan that women are traditionally not suppose to do, puja can be done by all. I think the reason that women arent allowed is because its synonymous to the final rites that you do for someone who has passed away. Yea hard to think of it like that, but since women are usually not allowed at the shamshaan ghaat or allowed to do the final rites of a body (not always the case) same way the visarjan is done by men because its like doing final rites, and since women are considered the more emotional and weak at heart gender (of course thats not true), I guess thats why women are traditionallly not allowed, of course I think thats whack! ๐Ÿ˜† cuz both genders grieve, one more openly than the other (or they are taught to do that) 

And just as you submerge the ashes of a person who has passed away into the river, you are doing the same by submerging Ganeshji into the river. You are returning Ganeshji to the nature, from where he came from as Parvati is symbolic of Nature! 
bluejalpari thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by-Intrepida

Its the visarjan that women are traditionally not suppose to do, puja can be done by all. I think the reason that women arent allowed is because its synonymous to the final rites that you do for someone who has passed away. Yea hard to think of it like that, but since women are usually not allowed at the shamshaan ghaat or allowed to do the final rites of a body (not always the case) same way the visarjan is done by men because its like doing final rites, and since women are considered the more emotional and weak at heart gender (of course thats not true), I guess thats why women are traditionallly not allowed, of course I think thats whack! ๐Ÿ˜† cuz both genders grieve, one more openly than the other (or they are taught to do that) 

And just as you submerge the ashes of a person who has passed away into the river, you are doing the same by submerging Ganeshji into the river. You are returning Ganeshji to the nature, from where he came from as Parvati is symbolic of Nature! 

Nice interpretation Intrepida , thank you so much for such a thoughtful and thought provoking reply. And  a very good discussion.

We do have the rule of women not allowed in final rites , we also have the rule of women not going near pooja during periods , we have rules that women cannot do shraddam etc for parents etc...and for all these "parampara", some questioning should be done. I do not disrespect the rules, but we have to keep in mind the rules were made by human kind. God did not come to earth , and and give out these rules.
Most of these rules come from Manusmriti ( written by Manu) and from age old books of upanishads and vedas. While I respect the knowledge, its also true that these books, rules and social norms were made by men , in those times. There was a time when women were allowed to do upanayanams and obtain education. There were times when women,espcially pregnant or having periods were treated with utmost respect. But those things were overridden by a predominantly male oriented culture.
Things have changed today as of 2014 ...and society, women's issues everything has changed. Its sad that some people believe men or boys are more important primarily because they earn and  provide!!..without realizing that boss, the boy/man came from a woman!!!-his first nutrition, hug and life came from a woman. So today's society should have some self questioning...that if a girl can study and support her family as much as a man would have done, why cannot she do other things.
Thats why I loved it today, that CVs showed women taking the strong step of doing the visrajan.
Rules should change according to " Desa-kala-paristhiti" . Means all norms should be re-thought according to the place and time we live in. When Shlok refused to do Visarjan, the old Anjali would have begged or given up on it. What they showed today was the change in her.

Some info I found on Visarjan:

The Visarjan ceremony symbolically teaches us about the concept of Samsara, or the cycle of birth, death and rebirth (reincarnation). This fate happens to all living beings, animals, plants, trees and humans. After the soul departs from our body, it perishes and returns to the natural elements, only to be reconstituted in another body in the subsequent life cycle or reincarnation.

The purpose of Visarjan is to replenish our spiritual energy and to remind us that material wealth is transitory and is of no use to the soul. The process of Visarjan teaches us detachment and to realise that life is short and that our own body, which we cherish and pamper, will one day be reduced to ashes and base elements.

Edited by bluejalpari - 9 years ago
Dhth1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice post dear...
Good points...keep writing

Hope slokh is doing all this with a purpose...still somewhere I hv some hopes left...let's see...
Edited by Dogan - 9 years ago
dv19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hey mermaid , Rekha,Deepa ,Nimmy and Vani ,

I would like to thank you gals for posting all these mythological combinations linking in our stories..
getting to know a lot..

As I say.. I like to read rather comment..

But boosting u guys as im greedy to know more with a simple complementary hug and appreciation.. will cheer u up..

so writing this comment dearys...

Thanks and waiting for more..
dv19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by-bluejalpari

Nice interpretation Intrepida , thank you so much for such a thoughtful and thought provoking reply. And  a very good discussion.

We do have the rule of women not allowed in final rites , we also have the rule of women not going near pooja during periods , we have rules that women cannot do shraddam etc for parents etc...and for all these "parampara", some questioning should be done. I do not disrespect the rules, but we have to keep in mind the rules were made by human kind. God did not come to earth , and and give out these rules.
Most of these rules come from Manusmriti ( written by Manu) and from age old books of upanishads and vedas. While I respect the knowledge, its also true that these books, rules and social norms were made by men , in those times. There was a time when women were allowed to do upanayanams and obtain education. There were times when women,espcially pregnant or having periods were treated with utmost respect. But those things were overridden by a predominantly male oriented culture.
Things have changed today as of 2014 ...and society, women's issues everything has changed. Its sad that some people believe men or boys are more important primarily because they earn and  provide!!..without realizing that boss, the boy/man came from a woman!!!-his first nutrition, hug and life came from a woman. So today's society should have some self questioning...that if a girl can study and support her family as much as a man would have done, why cannot she do other things.
Thats why I loved it today, that CVs showed women taking the strong step of doing the visrajan.
Rules should change according to " Desa-kala-paristhiti" . Means all norms should be re-thought according to the place and time we live in. When Shlok refused to do Visarjan, the old Anjali would have begged or given up on it. What they showed today was the change in her.

The Visarjan ceremony symbolically teaches us about the concept of Samsara, or the cycle of birth, death and rebirth (reincarnation). This fate happens to all living beings, animals, plants, trees and humans. After the soul departs from our body, it perishes and returns to the natural elements, only to be reconstituted in another body in the subsequent life cycle or reincarnation.

The purpose of Visarjan is to replenish our spiritual energy and to remind us that material wealth is transitory and is of no use to the soul. The process of Visarjan teaches us detachment and to realise that life is short and that our own body, which we cherish and pamper, will one day be reduced to ashes and base elements.

hey Thanks for this...nice post..
One things.. in some  places say TN  ..the women are not allowed after hubbys death to cross the house .. the men folk go to the grave yard..

In Karnataka.. the women to go.. to the grave yard.. for final seeing of hubby...

In north don't know .. how it is ..but in TV I have watched.. all folk go..

Intrepida thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-deepavasudev

hey Thanks for this...nice post..

One things.. in some  places say TN  ..the women are not allowed after hubbys death to cross the house .. the men folk go to the grave yard..

In Karnataka.. the women to go.. to the grave yard.. for final seeing of hubby...

In north don't know .. how it is ..but in TV I have watched.. all folk go..

In most north cultures, women dont go to the grave yard either. I think it has to do with the impact it may have on the women to see theeir loved one burned like that because women are considered emotional and of loving nature! But of course in this century and the past century people who have only daughters have gone to the grave yard and done the final rites 
nim_var thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful WU on the new entry and also on the visarjan. Nice info on the visarjan. Learning a lot. That is the uniqueness of this forum. Just love everyone here. learn something everday.

Shlok by not doing the immersion and reining in his urge to do so, also reined in his baba's anger and ego, loosened the reins so that anjali could perform the rituals and gave freedom to his wife by indirectly stating that she was responsible(in a good way) for all the changes that were happ at AM. aastha has been taught very well by her akdu pathidev and she is applying it now(I hope).

@intrepida nice points on women and graveyards...

Jalpari, keep writing, livening up the forum with your observations.
Intrepida thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-bluejalpari

yes as I said women are not allowed to final rites because it is thought that it would impact the women in such a bad way to see their loved one like that, of course the intentions of the ones that made laws (Manu Transcripts) were good but with changing times, there are changing traditions, like if someone only had daughters then the daughters give final rites, I have seen that in my own extended family!

I think the rule about not doing puja during periods, is something to do with negative energy or something. But of course these laws are not made by God, but by people so of course they willl change and should change with time, like in the Iskcon temples of India and around the world, the women devotees that do the daily prayers there, will shower and carry on with their relgious duties while on their periods, I think thats pretty cool; the reason orginally for women not being allowed to touch anything or do prayers was to give them a break from house chores and everything during their periods as in the old days daughter-in-laws were made to do most or all the work in the house. 

I agree with what you are saying that these rules should be changed, but the rules were not made for any bad intent...anywho, I think Anjali doing the visarjan was great, a break from parampara only creates new traditions and brings the much needed change! The pride and difiance in Anjali's eyes was just so welcoming after all this time she accepted that she can do things that NA does, because just a few weeks ago she was unwilling to take Kahnaji's murti to Janmashtmi puja...so as the original sumdra manthan, this manthan has brought amazing change that will change the naksha of the house forever!

Great post btw, I usually read your post whenever you post!๐Ÿ˜ณ