SATYABRATABEHER thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

The day was cloudy we(me with my father chaitan behera) were in the garden of our school the NPHS(Narasingh Pur High School)... Walking together ... I was listening the story of the build of the school from the lips of my father... He called the school as his dreamed school

We were in the east portion when my father started telling ... these are the event of the year before 1980... a long process did continue to built up the school...

This is an event having the earlier stage of the schooling life... this is a talk about my father's child-hood. My grand-paa was the poor farmer and waver in cast ... And in earlier my father also...

He take the panchana instead of a pen. The schooling and educational life was effortless that time my father closed down the study after the 10th... and my grand pa was partly literate.

In that days the schools are about the kilometers from our area and there the heavy restriction of the women to study... my father was going to the MUGUPAL HIGH SCHOOL to have his study. No cycle no veichile at that time... the foots are enough to cover such a distance for a poor guy... Still then the guy grew up and make his own position ... most of the people may say the position of a school teacher ... is this a level but I say it is the best position and respectious level that every successful person give importance to...

Now we were in the varenda of the school ... the school was not so long big but something was there that made us visit many of times that day... there was a big change in the class-rooms, gardens ,office-rooms and also the office staffs ... Instead of these something was there that made me feel that this school covers a part of my heart... after having a glass of water my father again began to start the story.

" I was of your age when i found myself a part of this school. After a year back(fail) I again give the 10th exam and get myself just passed... In that days I was one of the few peoples who passed matriculation in my village... still then I was in the paddy field with my father. I also had the dream to be a collegian but...

Some problems are there... most of them was my family financial problem... my father was the poor farmer and in my family 3sisters and a brother were next to me ... I had one and only one choice to be a firmer but someone was there who did think that I must read and make a job... that's my mother..."

Both of us sat down just below the Mahatma Gandhi's stachu facing at the front gate...I was so excited to know the struggle of my father suddenly asked " papa was anyone there who can think that a school should be in our area ?"

After a long time breaking the silence my father told " yes, someone is there to think such things. Some  youth had such spirits."

"And among the youth you and your friend Ranjeet Mohanty were one of them ... am I right? "

"Yes, we get idea from our tuition sir and Ranjeet  told it to his father. At that time his father Mr. Kailas Mohanty was one of the powerful person in our are and he did belong to the odisha congress political party. Along with him Ganeswara Sahoo, Charu Mohanty were involved in this event. We just started a fire and the fire did the whole area get into in ... yes the fire ... the fire of doing a constructive creative school and the fire of giving a new better opportunity to the Children"

Suddenly my father stood up and said " come with me..." I was just following him he walked to the front gate of the school and pointed his fingers to the playground of our school.. " the ground is just up you was the meeting place of the struggle ... I re-call that night when the fire started by us was going to explore that day. I was told that the each and every one of the village should have get the message for the meeting of the night on the KACHERI PADIA... I feel proud that I toke part in that event ...messenger. The evening got closer to me and I walked out with a leathern with hand to door to door. Finally I completed the work that was given to me ... It was the time for the night. The meeting was going to began... A large polythene was bring to the ground and the people of grade-I sat on it and the others to around them. A petro-max light was enough to lighted the place that night."