HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

What a wonderful little movie. Captured essence of middle class life so succinctly and reminded me of my childhood. Best was ending of movie when narrator (daughter of protagonist) claims that consumerism is not bad. In family's desire to buy a car they could rediscover their dad, started taking pride in their lives and his brother and father came close to each other. Their effort to win lucky draw by opening thousand boxes of detergent reminded me of how dutifully mom was collecting each edition of local newspaper when they had a maruti draw or how I used to try KBC phone religiously in college. Typical middle class dreams and desire to fulfill them. How one has societal pressures of showing one in good position in marriage at one's relatives, how neighbors fight and learn to live together and how old teachers always live in heart of students. πŸ‘

If you haven't watched it already, go for it! πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by OrganizedChaos - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Seen it multiple times.

Very real and witty portrayal of middle-class Delhi. Rishi, Neetu and the two kids were fab! So were the actors who played the neighbours whose Car they borrow.

HarveySpecter thumbnail

Originally posted by: poppy2009

Seen it multiple times.

Very real and witty portrayal of middle-class Delhi. Rishi, Neetu and the two kids were fab! So were the actors who played the neighbours whose Car they borrow.

It's just so magical. There was not a single frame I could complain about.  The art design was amazing too. Their house looks so authentic. I have seen it a few times too, never to find a fault.

That's why I believe Daawat E Ishq wont be that bad. A man who made this just cant go so wrong.
HarveySpecter thumbnail

PC-maniac is back? πŸ˜†
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think they shot it in real locations. At least the neighbourhood was definitely somewhere in West Delhi, with the wires hanging overhead and people parking their vehicles wherever they wished like. Typically Delhi! Habib caught those nuances very well.

Loved that whole wedding sequence also.πŸ˜†
HarveySpecter thumbnail
Even the cameo of Supriya Shukla was brilliantly used. Absolutely hilarious. Every scene of this film is a delight to watch. πŸ˜³

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFWp38V4rsU[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by OrganizedChaos - 9 years ago
briahna thumbnail
Hilarious! loved it. also watch farah khan and boman Irani's shirin farad ki toh  nikal padiπŸ˜†
enjoyable indeed!
Yes yes agree! Absolutely love this movie β€οΈ
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree. very realistic and decent movie. and the way all 4 char played their part was far better. they all were awesome. u can actually connect to them.
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Same here . me2 loved the movie soo much .It was soo real and potrayed a normal genral middle class Family's life so beautifully . Loved it . Rishi , Neetu , And both the kids And Others too were awesome .